Mountain Wūlóng

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by DavidT

From World Market

Full Leaf Organic Oolong Tea

Hight mountain Oolong with distinct floral notes. An invigorating tea renowned for a nuanced flavor of sweet ripe fruit.

About World Market View company

Smooth, dark, re-steeps well.

My girlfriend, and the way things are going- future wife, gave this to me for Christmas. I made it for us a few times while she visited last week. She doesn’t know much of anything about loose leaf teas, but found, likely, the tea I’d enjoy the most from World Market. Maybe it’s one of those Connections that Karl Jung was talkin’ about.

I drank some tonight, and thought about her.

Cofftea

Liking this mainly for your 2nd sentence. Congrats! Wishing you nothing but happiness and joy as you continue your journey with tea and all things in life together.

Stephen

She says all the tea I make tastes better. I think she’s wrong, but I think she think’s I’m wrong about the food she cooks tastes better than mine.

Cofftea

Awww! I’m sure both are true:)

Light and crisp; overall floral and subtly sweet grassy aroma and taste.

Flavor Notes:
•Lightly Floral
•Light bamboo hints
•Grassy in the middle
•Slightly sweet honey finish
•Very clean bamboo finish with a slight sweetness that lingers (for several minutes) in your mouth after you’ve finished your cup.

Aroma:
•Nutty
•Grass
•Floral
•Subtle hint of honey.

This Oolong tea is pleasantly light in flavor, it’s smooth and refreshing. None of the flavor notes stand-out too much.

All of the flavors I mentioned are subtle and gently overlap each other from the second you take your first sip until your last, creating a nice ‘middle of the road’ Oolong tea.

The floral notes are more up front in the first steeping, and by the third steeping the grassier, bamboo flavors are more apparent.

The best part about this tea is the clean (almost sweet) lingering flavor that stays on your palate long after you’ve swallowed your last sip.

Other notes:
Light amber color liquor. Nutty and slightly vegetal aroma on first steeping that gently fades to a more floral one.

Thin, dark and wiry leaves brew this tea to an almond golden colored liquor. The first taste on the palate is vegetal but soon fades away and is replaced by sweet, fruity/floral aspects. There isn’t much of an after taste, per se, but is more like breathing fresh springtime meadow air for the next 15 minutes.

Good, but not great. About what one would expect from a world market tea.