Light Roast Da Hong Pao

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Will

• “It took a few months for my taste buds to truly appreciate the complexity of this tea's flavor profile. As I sip my cup this afternoon at work, I can honestly say that this is the best tea I have...” Read full tasting note
    wyoumans 33 tasting notes

From Yunnan Sourcing

This is a lighter roast Da Hong Pao from Wu Yi Mountain area of Fujian. Teas from this area are typically referred to as Wu Yi Yan Cha (Rock Tea) as they grow on karst-like rock formations. The original Da Hong Pao is from an ancient strain of which only three plants still exist, yielding little more than 400 grams of tea per year! Our Da Hong Pao is less heavily oxidized (light roast) than the other type we sell and has the best flavor profile in its price class. Malty and sweet, with enough green cha qi and a slight astringency to make it memorable!

Production time: Spring 2009
Tea weight: 100 grams

About Yunnan Sourcing View company

It took a few months for my taste buds to truly appreciate the complexity of this tea’s flavor profile. As I sip my cup this afternoon at work, I can honestly say that this is the best tea I have ever consumed.