Energizing Chai Organic

Chai Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Zen Tea

• “Backlog: I really liked this, although it still surprises me to admit it! I'm not a big fan of the earthy notes of pu-erh or of yerba mate ... and this blend has both of those leaves in it! I...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4322 tasting notes
  • “Spicy deliciousness! I wanted to try this one because it's an interesting trio: pu-erh, yerba mate, and chai! It sounded good! This is actually the week I tried my first and third pu-erh! ...” Read full tasting note
    Tea Sipper 1294 tasting notes
  • “Nom nom nom! This has a nice mix of interesting ingredients. I'd have to say this is my favorite pre-mixed chai that I've tried! The pu'erh is nice and strong, and the coconut and other ingredients...” Read full tasting note
    tperez 99 tasting notes
  • “my third and last sample from zen tea and i'm at this point really thinking off placing an order on there shop! Upon opening the small sample i notice loads off ingredients! The smell is...” Read full tasting note
    darky 110 tasting notes

From Zen Tea

Organic Fair Trade Chai Tea Blend
Velvety, mellow and deep, this chai is an enticing blend of energizing pu-erh tea, shade-grown yerba maté, and cacao. Made even more inviting by creamy vanilla, nutty coconut and fruity, pungent and uplifting Ayurvedic long pepper. It is the most sophisticated take on hot cocoa.

Price: $14 / 100g

About Zen Tea View company

Backlog:

I really liked this, although it still surprises me to admit it! I’m not a big fan of the earthy notes of pu-erh or of yerba mate … and this blend has both of those leaves in it! I was thinking this was gonna be way too earthy for me to like it! But, I liked it anyway!

This not exactly what I’d refer to as a “chai” since it really only has pepper and cardamom in it, but, it is still deliciously spiced and I love the vanilla and chocolate notes of this, and the coconut gives it even more creaminess and I think that the creamy tones help to offset some of the earthy notes.

Here’s my full-length review of this tea: http://sororiteasisters.com/2013/05/02/organic-energizing-chai-blend-from-zen-tea/

Spicy deliciousness! I wanted to try this one because it’s an interesting
trio: pu-erh, yerba mate, and chai! It sounded good! This is actually the week I tried my first and third pu-erh! You’d think that because this is also a pu-erh and a mate, the chai spices would be diminished and lost, but they aren’t! It is just as spicy as though there were only the spices here, and the mate and pu-erh weren’t taking any room in the infuser. Cinnamon! Ginger! Sadly, I can’t really tell there is coconut here. Pu-erh in general I find doesn’t have much flavor, so I’d probably prefer black teas in the future, since I love as much flavor as possible. I had this with some more of that pumpkin pie I had the other day. It’s feeling like fall! As I’m sipping, I feel energized already! Maybe I’m just partial to chai, since it was the first tea I had… This blend is really really good. Overall, I’m impressed this had so much spicy flavor while still including the pu-erh and the mate. It seems like there are bonus ingredients in this blend! It goes beyond a pu-erh, yerba mate, OR a chai. Also, eveything here is organic! You’d have to be a billionaire to order all the amazing teas out there, but this is one going on the shopping list. I can’t wait to try more from Zen Tea. The site is hard to find in a search, so here you go: zentealife.com thank you Zen Tea for supplying the samples!

Nom nom nom! This has a nice mix of interesting ingredients. I’d have to say this is my favorite pre-mixed chai that I’ve tried! The pu’erh is nice and strong, and the coconut and other ingredients compliment/smooth it out nicely.

The only thing is that its not quite as spicy or bold as I like, so I think the next time I make it I’ll add some fresh ginger and some extra pu’erh.

Thanks Zen Teas for another great sample!

my third and last sample from zen tea and i’m at this point really thinking off placing an order on there shop!

Upon opening the small sample i notice loads off ingredients! The smell is wonderfull, strong mix off spicy flavors getting into my nose! (Even my dad standing a few meters away from me could smell the spices!)

Did my first cup a teaspoon full of tea and brewed it for 3min. I know the website advises to brew it indian style with milk, but i usually don’t like my tea’s milky so there we go the normal tea way :)

The first brew gives a very dark brown colored tea, it looks tasty but waiting to let it cool down a bit is just annoying because it smells great…

my first sips while its still hot hot taste a bit earthy and spicy at once, tought that the spices where going to undo the flavor off the tea but on first sight (or taste) its not the case. I’m not sure if i’m able to taste the coconut in this chai but i don’t mind there are so many spicy flavors going on that i’m enjoying my cup :) When its cooled down a bit the earthy flavors get more spicy and thats a good thing because i like drinking this when its starting to freeze outside. Will sure be trying out more chai’s because i didn’t had many off them before and i’m enjoying the complex tastes it has to offer :)

edit: forgot to mention i love the fact that everything in it is organic!

Despite not being a traditional chai, this tea has made its way into my heart in a way that I can hardly begin to describe. I’m nearing the end of the sample that I bought of this tea a while ago (having rationed it out because it’s too good and I don’t want to drink it all in one go and then not have it anymore), and I’m definitely going to have to get it again in a larger quantity soon. The fact that it is mate and pu’erh already makes it intriguing, and worth checking out for a high caffeine chai. But the taste is what makes me keep wanting to come back.

I generally doctor my chai teas with milk and sugar, and did so in this case, but I did take a few sips before adding in the extras. It was beautifully pungent and spiced, and I think it would be enjoyable in this format as well, though I do have a love for it with the added creaminess and sweetness.

The cardamom is what really seems to hit home for me with this tea. There’s also a plantiness that is unusual in a chai, but more on the side of “unusual” than “unwelcome”. The added sweetness does help round out the flavour, which even without is reminiscent of cinnamon rolls. The sweetness only adds to this comparison in my mind. The flavour tends to hit all at once in a cloud, and it’s so pleasant and enjoyable that I keep on wanting to go back and drink more. Not too rich, not too spiced. Comfortable and full.