Shui Xian Oolong

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Ellen

From Zhi Tea

Shui Xian Oolong is a fantastic, slightly mellower alternative to our Wuyi Oolong. This rare and unique oolong from Fuijan Province, China, consists of a 75% oxidized, unrolled charcoal brown leaf with greenish highlights.

A sophisticated dark amber liquor reveals flavors of chrysanthemums and peonies with a spicy-peppery finish. Shui XIan Oolong is a simply outstanding tea for the health conscious connoisseur.

A little more about Shui Xian Oolong:

Shui XIan is a relatively unknown type here in the US and is similar to our Wu Yi rock oolong, but Shui XIan has a bit of a more laid-back feel and drinking experience. Shui XIan Oolong holds up well to a second and even third steeping. This tea is noted in a very particular woodsy-spicy-fruity character which unfolds and is unique to this oolong. Shui Xian Oolong is a great tea for those who like a complex taste with well balanced notes.

USDA Organic

2.4 oz Tin $12.50 – 34 Servings – 37¢ per cup
4.0 oz Pouch – $16.00 – 56 Servings – 29¢ per cup

Other names: Water Fairy Oolong, Wu-Long.

About Zhi Tea View company

I liked it a lot but (western style) it kind of died out by the 3rd steeping =(

I just got this tea today and I really love it. It has a real roast-y kind of flavor to it and, like the description says, is spicy and fruity. It has a lot of tastes in it and I really enjoy it. Roast-y, spicy teas are my favorite kind so I’m really enjoying this and it will be especially good now that it is getting colder.