drank Peach Paradise by Silk Road

A while back, on a trip to re-stock my Genmaicha I was given a sample of this tea at the door and ended up buying a small amount of it as well. I was amazed by how smooth it was and I liked the subtle peach flavour and the sweet notes from the calendula flowers. on a cold winter evening it really made me feel warm and fresh. When I steep it myself it’s usually not as fine as that first impression; while the black ceylon is nice it has a tendency to steal the show if not prepared with full attentiveness.

White teas, roasted/fired green teas, and the not so roasted green oolong varieties are my favourites. I enjoy the odd shu puerh too.

Currently looking for the most buttery and sweet green oolong I can find.

Ingredients/flavours I enjoy (in moderation): anise, butter, caramel, cedar, cream, grapefruit, jasmine, lavender, lemon, lilac, lime, maple, marshmallow leaves, melon, mint, orchid, pine, rice, rose, vanilla.

Subjective Rating System 2.0:

86-90: A favourite tea. May have quality flaws that I choose to ignore.

BC, Lower Mainland