drank Amaretto by DAVIDsTEA

There are so many “never hads” about this tea. I’ve never had Amaretto. I’ve never had lapacho. I’ve never had a rose flavoured tea or beverage… etc.

I have had Alpine Punch, though, and this tastes and smells pretty similar! Both remind me of those instant angel food cakes. There are vague hints of creamy sweet marzipan, mostly coming from the nuttiness of the flavour. I don’t know almonds very well but the finish is distinctly full of them.

Hm, I don’t know how I feel about this one. I think I prefer Alpine Punch. Would Amaretto go well with real amaretto? Maybe iced, or as a latte? Altogether, not bad, but I’ll have to try some of the alcohol to see how this holds up.

Eating dry blend: The lapacho is rather bitter tasting. All the dry bits have this artificial sweet cherry taste to them. That same flavour is also noticeable mid-note when it has been steeped.

Currently looking for the most buttery and sweet green oolong I can find.

Subjective Rating System 2.0:

86-90: A favourite tea. May have quality flaws that I choose to ignore.

BC, Lower Mainland