drank Happy Kombucha by DAVIDsTEA

I was hopelessly in love with this on my first tin. It has this thick “bready”, malty warmth that seems to be at odds, yet nonetheless, works so beautifully with the tropical fruity wave of sunshine.

I had my first cup of this while beginning BBC’s Sherlock with my older sister on a cold January evening. It was so wet and damp outside and nothing seemed more comforting or soothing than this tea. I steeped that first cup for all it was worth and drank as much as I could in the span of two episodes of Sherlock. I even got a giant mango piece. I love mangoes most of all.I was so enamored that, when I finally ran out,I bought it a fancy blue tin. Bliss was the world.

Now it’s almost a whole year later. I’m on my second tin of this and the mangoes are all gone. Sherlock’s gone too. Nothing is as good as it used to be and I don’t even want to re-steep the cup I have in front of me. I’m typing up a fifteen page essay. I should want to procrastinate! but I don’t. Maybe it’s the lack of mangoes, maybe the lack of Sherlock, but this just tastes like malty fake fruit fuzz now.

Oh, happiness, where did you go? Is it just me or can I blame another one on university papers? Why don’t I desire to repurchase you anymore? The world is cruel.

Self-pity, off. Please make a third season of Sherlock. Also, mangoes.

Ozli

Awww, sad story :( Do you watch Elementary? We really like it.

CrowKettle

I’ve seen about half an episode but my sister really likes it too. It’s been on my “to watch” list for a while now.

cteresa

Just a tip, but if you really love mangoes and love juicy mango teas, if you are ever around London try to get Yumchaa´s Mango Sunrise. It´s a really lovely mango green tea.

CrowKettle

I will definitely check that out when I get the chance. Mangoes top bananas and rival coconuts in my book.

Comments

Ozli

Awww, sad story :( Do you watch Elementary? We really like it.

cteresa

Favourite Flavours/Ingredients:

-Vanilla, Maple, Caramel, Cream, Toffee, Nougat, Marzipan
-All Citrus: Lime, Grapefruit, Lemon, Bergamot, Orange, Yuzu
-Anise, but not licorice
-Ginger or Clove-forward chai
-Rosemary
-Grass/Marine/Vegetal/Nutty Green teas
-Florals: Rose, Lavender, Jasmine…
-Musky and/or Woody Incense-like stuff: Sandalwood, Frankincense, Eucalyptus
-Berries: Blackberry, Raspberry, Currants, Blueberry, Elderberry
-Bananas, and most fruits actually.

Less Preferred Flavours/Ingredients:

-Stevia and most sweetners
-Cinnamon-forward chai/blends
-Apple & Cranberries
-Mango pieces (love mango outside of tea though)
-Coconut pieces (as a sub/filler ingredient)
-Metallic or overly artificial teas
-Cocoa Nibs, 95% of the time.

Subjective Rating System 3.0:

90-100: My absolute favourite tea. I’ll impulsively buy in large quantities and hoard like a dragon.

85-89: A favourite tea. I’ll try to keep this one around when it’s practical.

76-84: A good tea, but not one I’m likely to order again.

70-75: Alright, but I may have a few problems with quality, consistency, ingredient chemistry and/or personal preferences.

50-69: Average to mediocre cup.

11-49: Varying levels of undrinkable tea. I don’t give a lot of these ratings out, since I tend to grab tea I know will appeal to me.

1-10: Nightmare tea from the chaos realms. This tea is the embodiment of the primordial swamp, the unholy abomination that is a chimera. It’s very gross and I’m almost positive it doesn’t exist.

BC, Canada