This is another sample buried deep in the cupboard, from winter 2012. Time to drink eight grams!

Mother thinks this is awful and tastes like watered down chocolate.. I don’t think the chalky chocolate is that bad. It’s boring but drinkable, and seems to take a lot of steeping abuse without getting bitter.

I wish it had more of a spicy kick to it, like the mildly terrifying, leathery hot Zhu Rong Yunnan from Verdant (maybe I’ve blown that one out of proportion). I don’t mind coasting on the weak chocolate and peppercorns, however. It’s more of a diluted creamy comfort thing, especially with milk, than a burn-flesh-for-fuel kind of beverage. Maybe some habeneros would be nice. Those are good peppers. I’d even settle for cayenne peppers.

Cavocorax

It’s really not spicy enough eh? I bought a bag for $2.50 and that’s it’s only saving grace: it was cheap. But with 7 oz of Read My Lips to deal with, I almost can’t be bothered with this one anymore…

CrowKettle

Yeah, as far as David’s chocolate teas go, I don’t feel this one stands out. I’d rather up my 100g of Read My Lips too, which has the same peppercorns, and mixes better with Baileys.

Comments

Cavocorax

CrowKettle

White teas, roasted/fired green teas, and the not so roasted green oolong varieties are my favourites. I enjoy the odd shu puerh too.

Currently looking for the most buttery and sweet green oolong I can find.

Ingredients/flavours I enjoy (in moderation): anise, butter, caramel, cedar, cream, grapefruit, jasmine, lavender, lemon, lilac, lime, maple, marshmallow leaves, melon, mint, orchid, pine, rice, rose, vanilla.

Subjective Rating System 2.0:

86-90: A favourite tea. May have quality flaws that I choose to ignore.

BC, Lower Mainland