I had a cup of this at Tao’s last night, and here’s what I remember:
- this was the Premium Shi Feng variety of Dragon Well
- long, thin, bright green leaves; very fresh-looking
- It smelled marine-like, buttery, fishy, kind of green-bean-y
- green-gold, light amber liquor
- the taste was very light and not astringent at first, but as I drank it, it got more and more astringent (that “crinkly tongue” feeling)
- very vegetal taste with a long, lingering aftertaste
It was nice, but I’m not sure if I want to try it again. I think I just may not like Dragon Well teas that much.