Had this iced at DavidsTea as the tea of the day. The color is a deep, burgundy red and the flavor reminds me of fruit punch. It’s quite tart, even sweetened, obviously due to the hibiscus but also the cranberries in this blend. I also tasted raspberry and cherry cough syrup. There’s Stevia in there which I wish they’d left out because it leaves behind a weird aftertaste in the mouth.

This would be a good tea for those who want something tangy that tastes like fruit juice. I feel like there there was too much going on flavor wise in this tea and prefer a more straightforward hibiscus flavor.

Flavors: Cherry, Fruit Punch, Hibiscus, Medicinal, Raspberry

My Rating Criteria:

95 to 100: Top shelf stuff. Loved this tea and highly recommend it

90 to 94: Excellent. Enjoyed this tea and would likely repurchase

80 to 89: Good but not great. I liked it though it may be lacking in some aspects. I’ll finish it but probably won’t buy again

70 to 79: Average at best. Not terrible but wouldn’t willingly drink again

60 to 69: Sub-par. Low quality tea, barely palatable

59 and below: Bleh

Fell into tea years ago, and for a long time my experience was limited to Japanese greens and a few flavored teas. My tea epiphany came a few years ago when I discovered jade oolongs. That was the gateway drug to the world of fine tea and teaware.

With the exception of a handful of lightly scented teas, I drink mostly straight tea. I love fresh green and floral flavors and as such, green tea and Taiwanese oolongs will always have a place in my cupboard. After avoiding black tea forever, Chinese blacks are beginning to grow on me. I’ve dipped my toe into a few puerhs now but it’s still relatively new territory for me. I also enjoy white tea and tisanes but reach for them less frequently.

Other non-tea interests include: cooking, reading, nature, MMA, traveling when I can, and of course putzing around on the interwebs.

IG: https://www.instagram.com/melucky