I’ve been craving peppermint today, or rather peppermint candy, and this is possibly the only tea I have that really fits. The peppermint is the high note here, but I do wish the base was bolder. Not necessarily strong, but more flavorful. This tea is admittedly a few years old so that could be it, but I remember feeling this way when I first tried it. It’s weak somehow.

This is a good tea, but it’s undoubtedly missing something that I can’t quite place. A depth of flavor, a well-rounded cup. Maybe it’s the hot chocolate I’m missing. Something. I’m happy with it though, for tonight, when I’m wanting something cozy and festive. I think honestly that might be what I’m really after – the warmth and coziness of the holiday season.

What’s your favorite holiday tea? I’d love some suggestions!

Flavors: Peppermint

Boiling 7 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Mastress Alita

I’m that one weirdo on the site that likes hibiscus (while it appears everyone else hates it) so I love all those mulled cider/hibiscus chai type teas that pop up during the holiday season. For one the hibi-hip is chock full of Vitamin C to help ward off against winter colds, and they are just so warming and satisfying in my throat and tummy.

Shae

Haha, I’m not a huge fan of hibiscus either. I do enjoy it cold and sweetened but not so much hot. I have to say, I’ve never tried a hibiscus chai though! I do enjoy a good chai. :)

Comments

Mastress Alita

Shae

Lifetime student. Lover of books and paper and ink. Kitchen dweller. Aspiring herbalist, excessively proud cat lady, and tea fanatic.

I love flavored black teas most of all, always with cream and honey. I prefer to sweeten my tea as it seems to bring out the flavor. I enjoy floral and fruity teas, as well as flavored or scented ones. I’m not overly fond of green or white teas, but I’ve found a few that I enjoy.

Favorites
Any and all black teas, smoky teas, raspberry, strawberry, chocolate, bergamot, chai spices, cinnamon, cream, floral teas, caramel/toffee, jasmine, rose, vanilla, stone fruits, coconut, valerian root

Not a fan
Lime, white teas (someone tell me what I’m doing wrong with these!), most green teas, artificial sweeteners, sarsaparilla, licorice

I’m open to tea swaps! Just reach out if you see something I have that you want to try.

Rating Scale

1-20: By far, one of the worst teas I’ve tasted. I most certainly will not finish my cup and will likely “gift” the rest to my sweet husband who almost always enjoys the teas I dislike (and vice versa).

21-40: This tea is not good but if I mix it with another tea or find another steeping method I might be able to finish it.

41-60: This one is just okay. I might drink it again if someone were to give it to me, but I probably won’t be buying more for myself.

61-75: This is a consistently good tea. It’s reliable but not necessarily special.

76-90: This one is a notch above the rest and I would gladly enjoy a cup of it any day of the week. I’ll likely be keeping this in my cupboard, but it isn’t one of my all-time favorites.

91-95: One small change and this tea would be perfect. I’ll definitely have a stash of this in my kitchen if you come over for tea.

96-100: No words can describe this tea. It’s an experience, an aha moment. Closed eyes, wide smile, encompassing warmth. Absolutely incredible. Perfect.

Currently reading: