This tea is really hard to describe. I tried it today at the tea festival for the first time and had to buy a tin (even though I promised myself I wouldn’t purchase anything, let’s just say that resolution didn’t last long). Their tasting notes sound very strange but they are accurate. Morning mist, yellow cake and peaches. The top note is a really refreshing vegetal note that I’ve never experienced in a black tea. It reminded me of what the grass, wet with dew, smelled like when I went camping as a kid. In the middle it really does taste like yellow cake batter. Yum! Each sip ends with a peachy note. I rarely buy whole tins anymore but I’m looking forward to playing around more with this one.

Flavors: Cake, Moss, Stonefruits

Boiling 0 min, 30 sec 5 g 5 OZ / 150 ML
gschuschke

Oh man I might have to get some of this!! Did you happen to try the Ruby 18?

Tea for Me Please - Nicole Martin

I actually didn’t! Things were a crazy at the expo so this was the only one that grabbed my attention.

Comments

gschuschke

Oh man I might have to get some of this!! Did you happen to try the Ruby 18?

Tea for Me Please - Nicole Martin

I’m a tea writer and consultant based in New Jersey. I’ve been blogging about tea for eight years. It’s been an incredible journey and through it I’ve met some of the most awesome people. Puerh and oolong are my weaknesses but I love everything tea (except herbals, bleck!).

Bayonne, NJ