Sweet & Spicy Pecan Chai

Chai Honeybush Rooibos Blend
Black Pepper, Cardamom, Nutmeg, Organic Cinnamon, Organic Cloves, Organic Ginger, Organic Honeybush, Organic Natural Flavoring, Organic Red Rooibos
Nuts, Nutty, Pecan, Cardamon, Clove, Ginger, Pepper, Rooibos, Spices, Spicy, Peppercorn, Sweet
Caffeine Free
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

• “Sipdown. Another older one, but of 52Teas under Anne some time after the transition. Benefits from extra leaf which I used to finish it off. With the extra leaf and the slightest bit of added...” Read full tasting note
  • “Wow, this is incredibly nutty. It actually tastes like I added pecan milk to it instead of the cream. It’s definitely more than a generic nuttiness; I can taste more of the pecan flavor. Warm,...” Read full tasting note
  • “This tea smells just like a batch of freshly-baked gingersnap cookies – seriously, it’s giving me a craving for those cookies. It tastes quite a bit like gingersnap cookies too; lightly spicy with...” Read full tasting note
  • “This is the sample that came with my recent order. Thank you! Sipdown 15 of 2016. Sample. Purchased 1/2016 – Finished 1/2016. Count me in as a new 52teas fan girl. Everything I have has been...” Read full tasting note

From 52teas

Tea of the Week for November 2, 2015!

I’m not the biggest fan of rooibos on its own. I mean, I like it OK and I’ve been known to enjoy many a rooibos blend but I’d really prefer a honeybush over a rooibos blend. But even better than either a rooibos blend or a honeybush blend is a blend with a base of both these leaves! So here it is, folks: an organic honeybush/rooibos blend serves as the base for a sweet (think candied) pecan flavor that’s been spiced up with some cinnamon, ginger, clove, pepper, cardamom and nutmeg.

And since I’m dedicated to creating tree-nut-free teas (with the exception of coconut), there’s no pecans in this blend. Instead, I tossed in some salted sunflower seeds to bring just a wee bit of salt to the party. I can’t actually taste the salt, but I think that the presence of the salt helps emphasize the flavors of this blend.

It’s really good. Sweet and zesty with spice. My husband chugged about two cups of this tea in no time flat!

Ingredients: organic honeybush, organic red rooibos, organic spices (ginger, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, black pepper & nutmeg), salted sunflower seeds and all-natural, organic flavorings.

Steep: 1 1/2 tsp of tea to 12 oz. 195° water. Steep 6-10 minutes. Allow tea to cool 6 minutes after brewing for best flavor.

About 52teas View company

Sipdown.

Another older one, but of 52Teas under Anne some time after the transition.

Benefits from extra leaf which I used to finish it off. With the extra leaf and the slightest bit of added sweetness and a bit of milk, the sunflower seeds maybe maybe maybe become more like pecan. Maybe. And a lovely final cup it was.

Wow, this is incredibly nutty. It actually tastes like I added pecan milk to it instead of the cream. It’s definitely more than a generic nuttiness; I can taste more of the pecan flavor. Warm, homemade pecan milk. I still have several cups of this one left, but if the rest tastes as good as this one then I’ll be repurchasing if it ever comes available again.

Flavors: Nuts, Nutty, Pecan

195 °F / 90 °C 8 min or more 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

1904 tasting notes

This tea smells just like a batch of freshly-baked gingersnap cookies – seriously, it’s giving me a craving for those cookies. It tastes quite a bit like gingersnap cookies too; lightly spicy with a hint of molasses. There’s also a hint of cardamom that you wouldn’t normally taste in a gingersnap, though it works so well in this tea I’m almost tempted to try adding a bit to my cookie recipe next time. I think the rooibos based really works in this tea’s favour for once (I’m not a red rooibos fan). Tonight I’m drinking it plain but I bet it’ll be great with milk too.

Boiling 7 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

This is the sample that came with my recent order. Thank you!

Sipdown 15 of 2016. Sample. Purchased 1/2016 – Finished 1/2016.

Count me in as a new 52teas fan girl. Everything I have has been pretty awesome, and damn can they do a mean chai! This rooibos blend is one of the best rooibos chai’s I have had. It has enough umph to go well with milk, it is sweet but not too sweet, and there is something mixed in with the base that rounds it out really nicely. If you are looking for a caffeine free chai, this is the one!

Nicole/Tea-Historic

Could you taste pecan?

TeaTiff

Not really. If anything it was the natural nuttyish taste of the rooibos.

I finished the very last of this. There wasn’t quite a teaspoonful left so I augmented with a pinch of plain Ceylon. Quite tasty. A little sweet, but not that annoying artificial sweetness. Just about a perfect cup. I haven’t had a tea from 52Teas that I haven’t enjoyed. When I finally do get down to my Twenty Teas tea chest, one of the revolving teas will always be one from them.

OMGsrsly

I keep reading “twenty teas” and honestly… I have no idea how I’d do it, except that most of my favourites are hard to get or from companies that don’t exist any more. So in theory, that will make it easier. Right?

Maddy Barone

Right! I figure I’ll be rotating teas. (in the event that I ever actually get down to 20!) Because there are a lot of teas that I freaking love, and I’m sure to find more keepers as I go on. But really, at this point my mythical Twenty Teas tea chest is just that. Mythical.

OMGsrsly

Hehe. :) I started writing up a list, and it kinda went like…
1 sheng
1 oolong
2 shou
2 chinese black
2 assams
5 flavoured black
etc. :D That’s about how specific I can get, really.