Pumpkin Juice

Green Tea
Apple Pieces, Green Tea, Nutmeg, Organic Allspice, Organic Cinnamon, Organic Ginger, Organic Natural Flavors (Vegan), Pineapple, Pumpkin Pieces
Apple, Pumpkin, Spices, Butternut Squash, Cinnamon, Pineapple
Fair Trade, Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by 52Teas

• “I really need to start both a sip-down challenge and a sell/swap pile. My stash is getting a bit out of hand. This is a fairly recent purchase for me. I’m not a huge fan of green teas, but I’ve...” Read full tasting note
  • “I was really excited when I saw this tea on 52teas’ website because I am a die hard Harry Potter fan and I’m also a pumpkin-lover! The smell of the dry leaf is very spice and a hint of pumpkin. It...” Read full tasting note
  • ““I’ve tried a bunch of Pumpkin Spice beverages this autumn, and this one stands out as the most original. It’s the only one that features green tea (!) and pineapples (!).” If you want to hear me...” Read full tasting note
  • “I think I have finally found the steeping parameters that really work for me. I used nearly boiling water and steeped the tea for about 40 seconds. While I know that pumpkin isn’t a very strong...” Read full tasting note

From 52teas

Tea of the Week for October 24, 2016!

I’m a huge Harry Potter fan and have been for a lot of years so this year as my Halloween offering, I decided I wanted to celebrate my favorite books with a tribute to one of the wizarding world’s favorite juices: Pumpkin Juice!

Having never actually tasted pumpkin juice, I googled “pumpkin juice” for some ideas on recipes for it. There are a few different recipes online for pumpkin juice and each of them were a little different. Some were a combination of orange juice and pumpkin juice – which sounded interesting! Another included dried apricots instead of the orange juice – also interesting! Others were made with peach or pear juice. But the recipe that appealed to me most was one that combined pumpkin, apple juice, pineapple juice and spices. I thought that the apple would add some pleasant sweetness to the savory quality of the pumpkin and the pineapple juice would add some brightness to the overall flavor.

I started with a base of fair-trade, rainforest alliance certified Satemwa estate green teas (OP1 & Zomba Steamed) and added chunks of dried pumpkin, freeze-dried apples and pineapple, allspice, cinnamon, ginger and touch of freshly shaved nutmeg. The fruits do soften the flavor of the pumpkin somewhat however, the overall flavor is quite autumn-y and delicious.

ingredients: fair trade green teas and pumpkin.

organic ingredients: apples, pineapple, allspice, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and natural flavors.

About 52teas View company

This is a fairly recent purchase for me. I’m not a huge fan of green teas, but I’ve been looking for a nice spiced pumpkin tea that has pumpkin in it but doesn’t have carrot in the ingredient list. Plus, it’s named “Pumpkin Juice.” How could I not buy it?

I’m having it as an iced latte this morning, but I’ve sampled it hot and unsweetened too.

Hot and straight, it tastes like spiced apple cider – y’know the kind you make in a crockpot for company over the holidays. But it’s not just any old spiced apple cider, it’s spiced apple cider that’s been warming away with slices of pumpkin added to the mix. It’s very warming and comforting, especially on cool mornings. The green tea base isn’t bitter or overly assertive. I don’t taste much pineapple, but that’s fine by me. Pineapple isn’t normally my jam. The level of spice is just right.

It’s quite nice as an iced latte as well. I think the addition of dairy makes it taste more like a baked good – like apple cake batter. The pumpkin flavor is lost in my cup this morning, but it’s still a nice lil’ drink. I’ll just have to remember to enjoy it hot when I’m wanting a tea that tastes of pumpkin.

52Teas is quickly becoming one of my favorite tea companies. I’ve just been so impressed with so many of their blends lately.

Flavors: Apple, Pumpkin, Spices

I was really excited when I saw this tea on 52teas’ website because I am a die hard Harry Potter fan and I’m also a pumpkin-lover! The smell of the dry leaf is very spice and a hint of pumpkin. It smells appealing. One thing I didnt like is how big the green tea leaves were because it was hard to get them into my scooper in order to accurately measure out the tea lol. Anyways. Once steeped the smell of squash/pumpkin really, really came through which was awesome. Steeped, it smells like straight up butternut squash/pumpkin and I loveeee it. I added a tiny bit of agave syrup to add some sweetness. On taste, the spices dont come through all that much but they’re there. The pumpkin flavor is also very light. I am beginning to notice that 52teas’ blends smell heavy, but taste very light on flavor which is okay. I do like this tea and I would order it again. Now if only my 6 month old baby would take a nap so that I could put on Harry Potter and id be set…..

Flavors: Butternut Squash, Pumpkin, Spices

2 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

If you want to hear me ramble on about Hogwarts’ library and discover a fun Harry Potter coincidence, read the full entry: http://sororiteasisters.com/2016/12/04/pumpkin-juice-green-tea-52teas/

I think I have finally found the steeping parameters that really work for me. I used nearly boiling water and steeped the tea for about 40 seconds. While I know that pumpkin isn’t a very strong flavor, I was a little surprised when I first tried this tea and it tasted really fruity. The pineapple was definitely the dominant taste. But, with this steeping, I think it’s more balanced. I taste pumpkin and light cinnamon in addition to the pineapple. I think it gives the tea a unique combination of fruity and savory. And, the green tea base is really smooth with no astringency. A yummy morning cup of tea :)

Flavors: Cinnamon, Pineapple, Pumpkin

I cold-brewed some of this last night to enjoy today.

And while it’s quite tasty as a cold-brew, I think I prefer this as a hot tea. Cold, I am getting more fruit flavor and a good amount of pumpkin. The spices are a little muted. It comes together quite nicely as a cold glass of tea but I think that the hot cuppa gives this tea a more comforting flavor that is something that I enjoy. My partner agreed with me, he preferred this one hot too, but it’s still quite good and worth a try as a cold-brew.

I’ve been out of town for most of the week – we came back yesterday evening – and I’m just now feeling like i’m starting to get caught up after being gone for several days so I decided to sit down with a cup of tea to relax just a bit.

This is this week’s tea of the week. As I mentioned in the description of this tea, I’m a big fan of Harry Potter so when it became pumpkin season again, I decided I wanted to give a nod to the books that are such a huge part of me.

This blend starts with a blend of Zomba Steamed Green Tea and Thyolo OP1 Green Tea from the Satemwa estate in Malawi. Then I added pumpkin, pineapple and apple as well as some spices. It’s got a nice pumpkin flavor and the apple and pineapple give the pumpkin a lighter, juice-like flavor. The green tea is crisp and smooth. The spices aren’t strong – just enough to add some fall-ish flavor to the cup.

Rather than go on about it – since it is my creation – I thought instead that I’d leave you with a video of a porcupine eating a pumpkin: https://youtu.be/cILZ_cB3_so