Crisp Cranberry Soda Green Rooibos

Fruit Rooibos Blend
Dried Cranberries, Green Rooibos, Natural Flavours
Citrus, Lemon, Lime, Sweet, Cranberry, Fruity, Lemon Zest, Citrusy, Herbs, Rooibos
Caffeine Free
Organic, Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by 52Teas
155 °F / 68 °C 8 min or more 15 g 24 oz / 723 ml

• “This tea tastes like Sprite! I really like it! I don’t know how it achieves this almost bubbly quality, but it’s great! I cold brew a second steep, and that turns out very tasty as well. Definitely...” Read full tasting note
  • “When I saw this in my advent, I remembered I had an unopened packet from 2017 and wanted to use up the older tea, which may have some flavor degradation now that it’s two years old (at least the...” Read full tasting note
  • “#adventageddon Day Sixteen – 2/6 Really excited to see this in the advent. Like, really excited!! It’s one of few teas that I’ve given the coveted 100/100 rating to and it’s well deserved –...” Read full tasting note
  • “Sample from VariaTEA…man i like this one. A little sweetner would make the flavours pop a little more i suspect but this really does feel like a cranberry soda…maybe a little more soda than...” Read full tasting note

From 52teas

My inspiration behind this tea was the cranberry flavored lemon-lime soft drinks that come out around Thanksgiving. I thought that the best base for such a tea would be a green rooibos because it has a light, sparkling kind of taste to it naturally, and the light fruitiness of the rooibos would enhance the fruity flavors that I’d be adding to it.

Then I added lots of cranberries to the blend and some natural flavors to create a soda like taste.

Really nice! Light and crisp and refreshing!

organic ingredients: green rooibos, cranberries and natural flavors

About 52teas View company

This tea tastes like Sprite! I really like it! I don’t know how it achieves this almost bubbly quality, but it’s great! I cold brew a second steep, and that turns out very tasty as well. Definitely a new favorite. Totally a unique tea. I prefer this one room temperature.

When I saw this in my advent, I remembered I had an unopened packet from 2017 and wanted to use up the older tea, which may have some flavor degradation now that it’s two years old (at least the packet was still sealed, though). I decided to cold brew the whole packet overnight in a liter mason jar in the fridge, and now I’m drinking it out of a water bottle.

The tea turned a very pretty red-orange color from the cranberries, but I’m not getting much cranberry flavor; considering all the other reviews note this flavor, perhaps that is due to the age (I’ll have to see how the fresh packet compares). The lemon-lime notes are still very strong, though, and it definitely has a very crisp and refreshing flavor that tastes great iced. It really does come off with a Sprite-like quality somehow… in fact, it tastes remarkably like “flat Sprite” (something I drank a lot when I had an upset tummy as a child) with just a touch of liquid sweetener added! It’s really nostalgic…

Hopefully when I try my fresh packet I’ll get the cranberry notes, as well.

Flavors: Citrus, Lemon, Lime, Sweet

Iced 8 min or more 15 g 32 OZ / 946 ML
Shanie O Maniac

OOOH, I love me some “Soda tea” and again, I am CRYING over passing on the advent calendar. Seeing all of these reviews and knowing that at one point I HAD IT IN A CART… and then I blew the money for it on other things and couldn’t complete my purchase. I’m really depressed right now.

#adventageddon Day Sixteen – 2/6

Really excited to see this in the advent. Like, really excited!! It’s one of few teas that I’ve given the coveted 100/100 rating to and it’s well deserved – probably goes without saying that I was among the people who voted for this tea in this year’s sampler!

The reblend is excellent – very fresh and effervescent with those perfect crisp and sweet cranberry notes and a lovely supporting lemon-line flavour. I’m not entirely sure how Anne does it, but she really does make this tea taste like a Cranberry Sprite or 7-Up in that effervescent soda-y sweetness, but without it tasting sugary. Very happy tea day!!

(PS. Anne, if this is one that there’s extras of then I’d be very interested in ordering them…)

tea-sipper

One less chance for Peachy Keen to be in the advent. (sob)

52Teas

This is the one tea that there are no extras of – sorry. :(

Roswell Strange

No worries, figured it couldn’t hurt to ask! :)

52Teas

Absolutely – it was the one that I knew people would want remaining quantities of but I just didn’t have enough rooibos to make even a little bit extra of it. :(

Roswell Strange

The fact it made the cut to be reblended is gift enough :)

Sample from VariaTEA…man i like this one. A little sweetner would make the flavours pop a little more i suspect but this really does feel like a cranberry soda…maybe a little more soda than cranberry but i am digging how this one comes across. Almost wish i’d cold brewed this to see how that worked out. :) thanks variatea!

Fjellrev

This one does sound like it’s a winner.

I was experimenting with the pitcher press and trying to find out how to make a tea pop with it. I don’t have that many teas in large quantities to be able to experiment with but I did have a fair bit of this and it has been getting old so I figured it could be a good one to use.

I had 9 ps left (the old measurement ones that were 1.5 tsps, not 2.5 tsps) so I steeped all of that in 2 cups of 190F water for 8 minutes. I filled the inner pitcher 2/3rds of the way with ice. I then topped my cup with peach perrier. I tried it first and it was somehow overly flavored and under-flavored at the same time. I am getting a lot of the base, with pops of cranberry, but this cup is mostly the carbonated water flavor with green rooibos. Not my favorite.

AHH! Yes, okay, so I’m not a fan of rooibos really. BUT. THIS. TEA. I wasn’t really expecting much of a ‘soda-y’ flavour, but this had one?? it reminded me a little of a cream soda (which is my favourite kind of soda!) but with the addition of honey and cranberry/citrus. so good! I wish I saved some for a cold brew, but was distracted. oh well.

Phew! Finally doing some catchup on my 12 Days of Christmas cross-posts!
On the second day of Christmas, my true love gave to me… Crisp Cranberry Soda Green Rooibos!

For the second day of 52Tea’s Christmas Countdown, I was lukewarm to the name of the blend. I was so not ready to get my rooibos on when I scratched off the silvery label. Try as I may, rooibos and I are just not very friendly. I enjoy drinking caffeine-free tea late at night, and I want to like it, I truly do. Luckily for me, typically green is the lesser rooibos evil (sorry red), so I was ready to give it a shot. Reminding myself that ’it’s for the blog!" Helps too.

Cracking open the package, a deep whiff of bubblegum and Crest hit me on the nose. The blend is very visually appealing – large hunks of cranberries, whole and sliced. The brewed tea had another scent entirely. To me, the brew tastes exactly like Country Time pink lemonade. It was love at first sip. The sweet, subtle cranberry blended well with the fruity rooibos. I was worried that all those cranberries would affect the infusion in a mouth puckering sour way. Not so with this blend.

Once I brewed my first cup, I kept craving more. Without much thought, I finished the whole package in one day. So far, I am looking forward to sharing my experience.

Check out the review on my blog: http://itstheteamonster.blogspot.com/2016/12/12-days-of-christmas-day-2.html

Flavors: Cranberry, Fruity, Lemon Zest

I finished off my sample bag by cold-steeping the last few teaspoons in a pitcher. Cold-steeped it reminds me a bit of David’s Sweet Lime with cranberries thrown into the mix. I just enjoyed the last cup or so topped with some carbonated water. It’s so refreshing. I cannot wait to receive my stock-up order of this tea.

If anyone has any recommendations for fruity green rooibos blends, please let me know. :)

52Teas

Psst: we have another green rooibos blend (quite fruity!) coming up this month!

apieceofquiche

That’s awesome! Thanks for the heads up. I’ll keep my eye out for it. :)

On the 2nd Day of Christmas – here’s our second tea of our Holiday countdown/Advent calendar box. This is the only caffeine-free tea/tisane in our box this year and it’s one of four original teas (rather than a reblend).

I didn’t expect it would be one of my favorite teas that I’ve created thus far – but it definitely has become just that. It’s so good and tastes so much like what I wanted it to taste like. It’s sweet and crisp and light and distinctly cranberry without tasting overly tart.

I admit that most of what I’ve consumed of this tea has been hot – but I really love this one iced – preferably cold-brewed. It’s good without sugar but a little teensy bit of sugar will enhance the ‘soda-ish’ experience. http://52teas.com/blog/on-the-2nd-day-of-christmas-/

Arby

This is my favourite (I may have tried all 12 already…but I’d never admit it!). What did you use for the “soda” part of the flavour? It tastes a bit like 7-up or sprite.

It’s a secret. :)

And it’s alright if you’ve tried all 12 already – I used to do that too! (Shh, don’t tell anybody!)

So I wasn’t sure what to expect with this, but it exceeded my expectations. It actually tasted like soda! (how does Liberteas manage to be so amazing at everything they blends?) The citrus flavour was great (not sour or overpowering), the green rooibos gave it a nice balance of sweetness, the cranberries/cranberry flavour was very nice (but not sour at all), and the rooibos base was superior to most I have tried before.

Flavors: Citrusy, Fruity, Herbs, Lemon, Lime, Rooibos

175 °F / 79 °C 8 min or more 1 tsp 17 OZ / 500 ML
LiberTEAS

(You weren’t supposed to open this one yet.)

greenteafairy

This sounds amazing! I’m always wishing for more green rooibos blends.

Arby

I know…but I wanted to try all the herbals/caffeine free ones. lol