Crisp Cranberry Soda Green Rooibos

Organic, Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by 52Teas
175 °F / 79 °C 8 min or more 17 oz / 500 ml

From 52teas

My inspiration behind this tea was the cranberry flavored lemon-lime soft drinks that come out around Thanksgiving. I thought that the best base for such a tea would be a green rooibos because it has a light, sparkling kind of taste to it naturally, and the light fruitiness of the rooibos would enhance the fruity flavors that I’d be adding to it.

Then I added lots of cranberries to the blend and some natural flavors to create a soda like taste.

Really nice! Light and crisp and refreshing!

organic ingredients: green rooibos, cranberries and natural flavors

About 52teas View company

Sipdown (629)!

Fucking hell this is good.

I mean, I know this has sort of been a ‘crowd favourite’ for a while and I had no doubts based on reviews that it was something I’d probably enjoy a lot but I was not prepared for how delicious this would taste. First off, the dry aroma is AMAZING. It smells exactly like that fine, sweet ‘mist’ of soda that you get when you crack a fresh bottle of Sprite, but tinged with the sweetness and tartness of cranberries. It’s incredible. But of course the taste of a tea very rarely is identical to the smell of it dry, so I definitely wasn’t letting myself get my hopes up too much. Gotta keep those expectations in check, right!? Right! Well…

So this actually STILL tastes exactly like the aroma of the dry leaf – it’s fresh and sweet, and just a little bit tangy/tart. It’s kind of scary, though, just how much it reminds me of Sprite with tinges of cranberry. Not cloying/particularly ‘full bodied’ but 100% not lacking in sweet flavour either. I think I really did nail it when I said it was like ‘Sprite Mist’ for opening a fresh bottle. Thank you VariaTEA for the share – I don’t know why I was sleeping on this blend for so long when I know that I love cranberry teas and most green rooibos blends in general.

It’s perfect – and I demand (well, more like politely request) a reblend!

Sample from VariaTEA…man i like this one. A little sweetner would make the flavours pop a little more i suspect but this really does feel like a cranberry soda…maybe a little more soda than cranberry but i am digging how this one comes across. Almost wish i’d cold brewed this to see how that worked out. :) thanks variatea!

Fjellrev

This one does sound like it’s a winner.

I love that there are so many whole cranberries in this blend. Plus, it has the effervescence of soda without being carbonated and that’s pretty impressive. Yum.

AHH! Yes, okay, so I’m not a fan of rooibos really. BUT. THIS. TEA. I wasn’t really expecting much of a ‘soda-y’ flavour, but this had one?? it reminded me a little of a cream soda (which is my favourite kind of soda!) but with the addition of honey and cranberry/citrus. so good! I wish I saved some for a cold brew, but was distracted. oh well.

Phew! Finally doing some catchup on my 12 Days of Christmas cross-posts!
On the second day of Christmas, my true love gave to me… Crisp Cranberry Soda Green Rooibos!

For the second day of 52Tea’s Christmas Countdown, I was lukewarm to the name of the blend. I was so not ready to get my rooibos on when I scratched off the silvery label. Try as I may, rooibos and I are just not very friendly. I enjoy drinking caffeine-free tea late at night, and I want to like it, I truly do. Luckily for me, typically green is the lesser rooibos evil (sorry red), so I was ready to give it a shot. Reminding myself that ’it’s for the blog!" Helps too.

Cracking open the package, a deep whiff of bubblegum and Crest hit me on the nose. The blend is very visually appealing – large hunks of cranberries, whole and sliced. The brewed tea had another scent entirely. To me, the brew tastes exactly like Country Time pink lemonade. It was love at first sip. The sweet, subtle cranberry blended well with the fruity rooibos. I was worried that all those cranberries would affect the infusion in a mouth puckering sour way. Not so with this blend.

Once I brewed my first cup, I kept craving more. Without much thought, I finished the whole package in one day. So far, I am looking forward to sharing my experience.

Check out the review on my blog: http://itstheteamonster.blogspot.com/2016/12/12-days-of-christmas-day-2.html

Flavors: Cranberry, Fruity, Lemon Zest

I finished off my sample bag by cold-steeping the last few teaspoons in a pitcher. Cold-steeped it reminds me a bit of David’s Sweet Lime with cranberries thrown into the mix. I just enjoyed the last cup or so topped with some carbonated water. It’s so refreshing. I cannot wait to receive my stock-up order of this tea.

If anyone has any recommendations for fruity green rooibos blends, please let me know. :)

52Teas

Psst: we have another green rooibos blend (quite fruity!) coming up this month!

apieceofquiche

That’s awesome! Thanks for the heads up. I’ll keep my eye out for it. :)

On the 2nd Day of Christmas – here’s our second tea of our Holiday countdown/Advent calendar box. This is the only caffeine-free tea/tisane in our box this year and it’s one of four original teas (rather than a reblend).

I didn’t expect it would be one of my favorite teas that I’ve created thus far – but it definitely has become just that. It’s so good and tastes so much like what I wanted it to taste like. It’s sweet and crisp and light and distinctly cranberry without tasting overly tart.

I admit that most of what I’ve consumed of this tea has been hot – but I really love this one iced – preferably cold-brewed. It’s good without sugar but a little teensy bit of sugar will enhance the ‘soda-ish’ experience. http://52teas.com/blog/on-the-2nd-day-of-christmas-/

Arby

This is my favourite (I may have tried all 12 already…but I’d never admit it!). What did you use for the “soda” part of the flavour? It tastes a bit like 7-up or sprite.

52Teas

It’s a secret. :)

And it’s alright if you’ve tried all 12 already – I used to do that too! (Shh, don’t tell anybody!)

So I wasn’t sure what to expect with this, but it exceeded my expectations. It actually tasted like soda! (how does Liberteas manage to be so amazing at everything they blends?) The citrus flavour was great (not sour or overpowering), the green rooibos gave it a nice balance of sweetness, the cranberries/cranberry flavour was very nice (but not sour at all), and the rooibos base was superior to most I have tried before.

Flavors: Citrusy, Fruity, Herbs, Lemon, Lime, Rooibos

175 °F / 79 °C 8 min or more 1 tsp 17 OZ / 500 ML
LiberTEAS

(You weren’t supposed to open this one yet.)

greenteafairy

This sounds amazing! I’m always wishing for more green rooibos blends.

Arby

I know…but I wanted to try all the herbals/caffeine free ones. lol