At Play in the Fields of Love Rooibos Blend

Rooibos Tea
Chamomile, Green Rooibos, Jasmine, Lavender, Natural Flavours, Red Rooibos, Strawberry
Floral, Honey
Caffeine Free
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Tamarindel

• “Oh my goodness, I love this one. I wasn’t sure what to think of it, what with jasmine (normally one big gigantic UGH for me), rose, then fruity strawberry, then some of that rooibos, and chamomile?...” Read full tasting note
  • “Sipdown. This came in the 52teas mystery bag sale. Normally I have a strict no chamomile policy, but I actually enjoyed this. The rooibos and the tangy strawberry cut the chamomile enough that the...” Read full tasting note
  • “Gosh, this flu continues to morph. Today, it is killing fatigue and that hot headachy body achy chill with itchy nose and scratchy throat. I don’t seem to have much tolerance for caffeine when I...” Read full tasting note

From 52teas

Product description not available yet.

About 52teas View company

Oh my goodness, I love this one. I wasn’t sure what to think of it, what with jasmine (normally one big gigantic UGH for me), rose, then fruity strawberry, then some of that rooibos, and chamomile? It’s the reason why I stayed away from DAVIDsTEA’s The Glow for many years, whose original blend consisted of an odd mixture of jasmine, rose, oat straw, cinnamon, rosehip, and nettle. Yet that turned out to be a glorious oatmeal cookie for me.

We have a similar outcome here! I can taste the lavender more so than the jasmine or chamomile on its own, combined with the sweet ripened strawberry note, finally accompanied by a subdued primarily green rooibos base. It’s like a well-blended fragrance where everything works together in the end even though some of the notes in question sound sketchy.

So happy to have received this in my mystery box a while back! Too bad I only got the sample size.

CrowKettle

Aw, this sounds lovely! Wish I’d not missed out on it :)

Fjellrev

Yeah! A total surprise.

Sipdown. This came in the 52teas mystery bag sale. Normally I have a strict no chamomile policy, but I actually enjoyed this. The rooibos and the tangy strawberry cut the chamomile enough that the cloying sweetness wasn’t a problem.

52Teas

I am the same way with Chamomile which is why you don’t often find it in my blends. So far as 52Teas, I’ve only made 2 Chamomile blends – and one of them (this one) was a special request/ VIT blend. The other one was the April Siesta which … because it was called “Siesta” I figured Chamomile was an appropriate ingredient.

Tamarindel

Haha, well the other ingredients you added really helped, it was much less cloying than a normal chamomile but still very soothing :) Mint is always going to be my herb of choice when relaxing though — speaking of which, that Cucumber Mint Limeade tea you made got me through the terrible heat this summer! I’m keeping my fingers crossed it makes a reappearance some day in the future ;)

52Teas

Thank you – I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed that one!

I don’t seem to have much tolerance for caffeine when I am ill, so after my few cups of caffeinated, I reached for this to soothe my throat and my spirit.

As a caffeine-free option, this works for me. Superior blending here. There’s a time and a place for camomile, and this is it, for me anyway. Although I am not a huge fan of it, here with its blend of honey and florals, it’s perfect. All of it perfectly perches on the rooibos which somehow plants the combination. This blend gives me the impression of a sunny country garden and that already lifts me up.

One day, I’d like to see what a similar blend that goes more heavily on the strawberries is like. Here they are barely perceptible.

Arby