A Papaya in the Watermelon Patch

Dried Papaya, Organic Natural Flavors (Vegan), Watermelon, White Peony
Low
Organic, Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by 52Teas

• “I was recently in Hawaii, and ate a lot of delicious papaya, so my expectations were pretty unrealistically high for this tea (especially after I tried some dried papaya, which was… good but not as...” Read full tasting note
  • “I think this is the first papaya tea that has actually tasted like papaya. It really tastes like papaya, with hints of watermelon. The white tea base is soft, and adds some extra depth to this...” Read full tasting note
  • “Body of this ea is a little thinner/more flat – showing some signs of aging. However the watermelon flavour is still there and present; it’s just more like taking a bite of sliced watermelon that’s...” Read full tasting note
  • “This wasn’t in my cupboard for whatever reason so I think I’m back at 301 :(. Anyways, I made this iced and there is certainly a tropical fruitiness here. There’s also a floral note from the base...” Read full tasting note

From 52teas

Tea of the Week for June 12, 2017!

I love, love, love watermelon. I think it’s safe to say that when I was a youngster, it was one of my favorite foods and definitely my favorite fruit. I would sprinkle it with a little salt – just the way my dad would do – and I’d devour it.

Papaya – on the other hand – is a fruit that’s fairly new to me in comparison. I can’t remember ever having tried it as a child. In fact, I think it wasn’t until I was in my late 20s that I first tried it. I liked it alright, but I don’t think it would’ve ranked as one of my favorites.

But when I pair the two – watermelon and papaya – the result is delightful! The white tea (Bai Mu Dan!) is soft and has a natural melon-y note to it so it plays well to the two fruit flavors. The delicate flavor of the white tea allows the watermelon and papaya to come forward. I taste the sweet, juicy flavor of the watermelon and just a hint of buttery sweetness from the papaya.

This tea is remarkably refreshing. It tastes great hot or iced and I think this is a tea you’re going to want to have around during those hot summer months ahead!

ingredients: white tea & amaranth petals

organic ingredients: dried papaya, dried watermelon & natural flavors

About 52teas View company

I was recently in Hawaii, and ate a lot of delicious papaya, so my expectations were pretty unrealistically high for this tea (especially after I tried some dried papaya, which was… good but not as good as fresh.) Anyhow, I’m still fairly pleased with it despite tasting less papaya than others seem to have experienced – I predominantly taste watermelon (and like Roswell Strange, definitely agree that it’s comparable to Butiki’s Watermelon Xylophone). However, there are some fruity papaya notes in the aftertaste. which is the main distinguishing factor for me.

Overall, a decent fruity white but not a fave as I’m over my melon phase now, haha.

Indigobloom

Oooh Hawaii! I always wondered what a luau was like

I think this is the first papaya tea that has actually tasted like papaya.
It really tastes like papaya, with hints of watermelon.
The white tea base is soft, and adds some extra depth to this tea. The flavors are strong, maybe too strong for the white tea, but enjoyable.

This tea is more delicious iced, but is solid either way.

Body of this ea is a little thinner/more flat – showing some signs of aging. However the watermelon flavour is still there and present; it’s just more like taking a bite of sliced watermelon that’s close to the white part of the rind rather than the sweeter, juicier part at the top of the slice.

This wasn’t in my cupboard for whatever reason so I think I’m back at 301 :(. Anyways, I made this iced and there is certainly a tropical fruitiness here. There’s also a floral note from the base with pops of juicy watermelon and fresh papaya showing up here and there.

doh. You probably have a few more of those from teas you gave me. They’re not in steepster. I haven’t created them yet but i think i have 4-5 that weren’t.

VariaTEA

I know Peach habanero salsa isn’t but what more?

Oh dear lok

honey pear; caramel puerh; ginger green and yeah the habenero that might be it?

VariaTEA

I thought honey pear was listed but the others don’t have Steepster pages because I sorta just passed them on :P