Damn Fine Holiday Blend

Baked Bread, Chocolate, Fruity, Malt
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Andrews & Dunham Damn Fine Tea

From Andrews & Dunham Damn Fine Tea

Fortify your spirits with the Damn Fine Holiday Blend. Blended from Yunnan, Ceylon, and Darjeeling teas, it’s full-bodied and bright, tastes great on its own or with fixin’s, and was custom made to attract cookies. Share it with the people you love!

About Andrews & Dunham Damn Fine Tea View company

Andrews & Dunham knows that nothing beats a perfect cup of tea, and a great tea needs no explanation. We love the romance of tea. We love that tea might just be the healthiest thing you’ll ever drink. But if the tea you’re drinking doesn’t taste fantastic, you’re missing out. Only a few teas meet our mysterious, rigorous standards and we’re proud to offer them to you. We’re always looking for that perfect cup, so you don’t have to.

Delicious Yunnan black concoction with perhaps a bit of the Darjeeling peeking through. The Ceylon in this cup totally hid behind the Yunnan, or perhaps that’s all the dry leaf my teaspoon picked up. Or maybe my travel mug tampered with things as I was on the go all day. Ok, ok, it was only four hours but it felt like all day. Damn delicious.

Thank you for the share, Sil, and for giving me enough in the sample to have more of this at home in a proper cup or at least not covered up in a thermos-like container: like the context nature intended tea to be drunk in. Preferably wearing flannel pyjamas.

And hurray that the notice feature appears to be fixed! Yay! Thank you, Jason! We appreciate you.

Flavors: Baked Bread, Chocolate

I can see why this is called holiday blend. It is bready/malty/ and a little fruity. Cocoa notes are present for me way in the background. This would be good to drink during the holidays wrapped up in a warm blanket reading a book. It’s just that cozy…..or should I say damn fine???!!!

Sipdown (127)!

Thank you Christina for the sample!

I made a large mug of this one last night, with a little splash of milk. My little sister and I are binging on movies she hasn’t seen but are “classics” of a sort. We started with 13 Going on 30 and then ended the night with The Truman Show. Today, I’m hoping to get in a combination of 50 First Dates, 10 Things I Hate About You, and Yes Man. All of those are movies you just have to see at least once.

The was a really good tea; I can see it making a lovely everyday drinker. Dominant notes of baked bread, malt, and raisins/muscat (perhaps from the Darjeeling in the blend) with softer notes of honey and plums. It reminds me loosely of Fruit Cake which definitely seems appropriate for a holiday blend. Good Fruit Cake though; with real fruit and not just candied globs of red and green “mystery fruit”.

Very solid tea, with nice layers of flavour! I really enjoyed it.

tigress_al

Oh man, I watched 50 First Dates and 10 Things I Hate About You too many times to count with my sister when I was a teenager!

Fjellrev

I’ve watched 10 Things sooo many times too. Good choice!

Many thanks to Lala for sending me a sample of this!

I can see why others like this, but this was far too malty and brisk a black for my taste. I used 1.5 tsp for 12 oz, and steeped in just-boiled water for 3 minutes, and it was surprisingly strong.

I’m sending the rest of this sample on to Roswell Strange since she expressed interest in trying it.

Roswell Strange

Thank you! <3

A nice malty yet fruity and slightly bread-y black. Make a good morning cuppa. I had but one cup but I would welcome another should the opportunity arise.

Flavors: Baked Bread, Fruity, Malt

I received a small sample of this from QueenOfTarts, Thank you!. A&D always impresses me with their blends. This is no exception. Fruity, flavorful and a full mouth taste. A yummy morning cup.

Another one I get to try, thanks to Nicole! This one is a very unique flavor for a plain black tea. I would never think that Yunnan, Darjeeling and Ceylon together would taste like this. I like it a LOT more than I thought I would after seeing these three teas were in the blend. I like Yunnan but Ceylon is not a favorite. I can’t really describe the flavor though. It’s medium strength, with a lingering fruit flavor at the tail of the sip. I don’t even know which base the fruit would come from. Brewing the tea this way doesn’t seem to oversteep the Darjeeling at all. And it WOULD taste really good with cookies. Also, I sipped a “holiday” tea on the hottest day of the year. :D
Steep #1 // 1 tsp // few minutes after boiling // 3 minute steep
Steep #2 // just boiled // 3-4 min

Pretty balanced. Moderate strength tea-tea with some light fruit and a bit of bitterness. That may be coming from not remembering the Darjeeling in here and not being careful with the temp and time. Now I want sugar cookies to try with it.

GCTTB
This is a really well balanced blend. It’s not anyone of the three. Light, fruity, touch of astringency but thick mouth feel and tons of flavor. Really like this one.

scribbles

Haven’t had a miss with them yet! They really do ‘Damn Fine’ well!

love this one!

looseTman

Very fine praise indeed for the most well-regarded tea company in the Mid-Atlantic region! Congrat’s Charles & Erik!

Stephanie

Wish I had bought more of this one

I’m enjoying a pot of this with my breakfast, & it really is a nicely balanced blend: honey sweet, malty, a little tart plum in the aftertaste. It’s not particularly bold, but also not brash. It reminds me of a perfectly crusted loaf of honey wheat bread, and it almost feels like it has cream in it. There’s a beautiful thickness building on my tongue, and this might be my new favorite tea blend. It’s been in my cupboard since xmas time, unreviewed & barely opened, but I have a feeling that is getting ready to change :)