Lychee Peach

Floral, Lychee, Peach, Smooth, Stonefruits, Sweet
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Mastress Alita
Boiling 3 min, 30 sec 12 oz / 350 ml

• “Thank you Jaime for sending me this tea to try. To my surprise I am the first to review it. Overall a decent cup of tea. The peach flavor shows first and the lychee tapers in deep tones towards...” Read full tasting note
  • “This tea has a suprisingly smooth base; I was expecting a lot more astringency with this one, but it is very sweet and the flavor is fantastic! While I’m not much of a fan of the texture of lychee...” Read full tasting note

From Art of Tea

References to lychee date back to the Tang Dynasty in China (as a favorite fruit of the Emperors). An Art of Tea favorite as well, we’ve taken the essence of this flavorful fruit, mixed it with peach and infused it in organic black tea. It steeps a sweet, fruity cup with notes of apricot, osmanthus and ripe pear.

Tasting Notes: Sweet, Stone Fruit, Exotic

Steep Time: 3-5 minutes
Ingredients: Organic Black Teas, Lychee Essence, Safflowers, Natural Flavors
Origin: Art of Tea Blend

About Art of Tea View company

Art of Tea is a tea importer and wholesaler based in Los Angeles, California. We hand blend and custom craft the world’s finest organic teas and botanicals. Our teas are carefully selected directly from growers, each one offering a unique story.

Thank you Jaime for sending me this tea to try. To my surprise I am the first to review it. Overall a decent cup of tea. The peach flavor shows first and the lychee tapers in deep tones towards the end of the sip. Although it was a pretty decent cup I didn’t find it over the top and would probably not purchase any in the future. It is one of the those cups of tea that taste good at the moment but the memory fades once the cup is empty.

This tea has a suprisingly smooth base; I was expecting a lot more astringency with this one, but it is very sweet and the flavor is fantastic! While I’m not much of a fan of the texture of lychee fruit, I love the flavor, and this tea has a great, rich lychee taste, with a softer peach note in the finish. I also notice this slight floral note which just rounds out the fruity flavors nicely. This is one of my favorite black teas to prepare iced as well, since it has a nice strong flavor and I find the stonefruit notes really refreshing and naturally sweet enough to hold well as a cold tea, as long as it is prepared as a hot steep first and then chilled.

Flavors: Floral, Lychee, Peach, Smooth, Stonefruits, Sweet