Wild Canadian Labrador Tea - Ledum Groenlandicum

Herbal Tea
Labrador Tea
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by derk
Boiling 7 min, 0 sec 10 oz / 295 ml

3 Images

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Smelling the leaves of Labrador tea, running my finger along that thick cottony fluff on the underside, crumbling the green blades — the experience is soothing. I find these leaves larger and more...” Read full tasting note

From Atomic Nature

INFO
The Labrador tea is a powerfull anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic, decongestant. It help liver cells regenerarion and has hepatic drain function. Good to use during a flu or a cold because it helps relieve symptoms related to pulmonary problems. This product help to fight insomnia!

TEA
In a teapot, put 1 teaspoon of leaves that you have previously crumpled in your hand (leaves become fluffy) or powder. Pour boiling water over the leaves. Infuse for 6 to 7 minutes and enjoy.

INGREDIENT
Wild canadian Ledum Groenlandicum

WARNING
Not recommeded for children under 6 years, pregnant or nursing women. Do not over infuse. The tea releases tannins that can cause stomach pain.

www.atomicnature.ca

About Atomic Nature View company

1 Tasting Note

I find these leaves larger and more pliable than the Grade 1 leaves carried by Camellia Sinensis. They are also gentler on the stomach. The aroma and taste are crisp, clean and cool while there is some sort of mild red-woody spicy tannin quality that gives a base to the airy evergreen notes. Sweet, thick spring water that turns a brilliant reddish-pink-orange color when left to sit for a long while. What a sense of place this herbal tea elicits. Bog tea through and through. Fall. Winter.

I woke up this morning sufferingly stuffy at my work father’s house and called Kiki to complain. She didn’t answer, so I left a message with plenty of curse words (because that’s our relationship) and pleaded imploringly, “When is it going to rain because I can’t take this dryness anymore!!” She called back and I asked her again when it’s going to rain. Today at 4pm. I didn’t believer her with such a precise answer so I looked. Two days with some rain, followed by two dry days, then possibly a full week of rain. GLORY to GLOB!

Listen: Dark Speed by Failure

Flavors: Cedar, Citrus, Evergreen, Pine, Resin, Spicy, Spring Water, Sweet, Tannin, Thick

Boiling 7 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML
Martin Bednář

We had same tea in same day! I have preparared it yesterday too. Honestly, I have used too less leaf, so it was very weak, but certainly I have noticed similar (though weak) notes. Certainly resin, pine, cedar, I may add juniper. It wasn’t thick for me… but as I wrote, wrong preparation method. I need to use more leaf and crumble them. I was too careful with it :D

derk

Definitely try more leaf but don’t go too heavy.

Martin Bednář

I have used exactly 10 leaves, which was indeed too little.