Port of Shadows

Oolong Tea
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Edit tea info Last updated by Roswell Strange

From August Uncommon Tea

Tastes Like: thai basil, bitter chocolate, damp soil, allspice
Feels Like: a clandestine rendezvous

This is an extraordinary tea for lovers of super aromatic pure teas. Its natural toasted spice notes are truly extraordinary. Port of Shadows is a an oolong from Thailand that is strong enough to compete with your favorite breakfast tea and smooth enough to drink all day

A tea for gray, foggy weather

Ingredients: organic NOP jing shuan tea from chiang rai province, thailand

Certified organic by Lacon GmbH

About August Uncommon Tea View company

Just finished an iced cup of this with an added hit of chocolate agave.

It was alright; definitely had that sweet chocolaty taste form the agave but the tea itself wasn’t drowned out/lost or anything. It was a bit herbaceous; I can see the basil comparison that August Uncommon makes for sure. I also thought that there were still some woody notes, a bit of that sour sort of rye bread kind of flavour and some malty undertones.

According to August Uncommon this tea should have a chocolate taste to it anyway which is why I thought the agave would work well with it, but I didn’t taste chocolate last time and apart from the taste of the agave I didn’t really get much chocolate from this infusion either. In fact, the chocolate sort of felt out of place with the other flavour notes I observed. It was still good, and refreshing but maybe a bit disjointed?