Matcha White Tea
Cocoa, Matcha Green Tea, White Tea
Cocoa, Creamy, Grass, Smooth, Sweet, Umami, Dark Bittersweet, Dark Chocolate, Sweet, warm grass
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.
155 °F / 68 °C 11 oz / 318 ml

• “Bird & Blend Matcha Advent Calendar – Day 6 I’m in a rush today, so this will be a short note LOL. This is my favorite of the B&B matchas so far. It has a lovely cocoa flavor that reminds...” Read full tasting note
  • “Okay so the water may look brown and muddy but it smells like hot chocolate heaven. No foam but it has been mixed very well I can assure you. Flavour wise this is a lot more subtle than it’s dreamy...” Read full tasting note
  • “355/365 This one’s been in my cupboard for a while, largely because I don’t tend to gravitate towards chocolate tea in general. Like a few of B & B’s other flavoured matchas, this one brews up...” Read full tasting note
  • “Trick or Treat! I made a big mug of this, latte-style, because I just find matcha too bitter for my tastes to take plain. This is really nice though, like a combination of hot chocolate and a...” Read full tasting note

From Bird & Blend Tea Co.

Super food raw cocoa powder blended with super hero matcha powder – Ka Pow! Healthy chocolate-y goodness! Can you get any better than that?!

Bluebird’s Mixology Matcha contains rare and unique white matcha, grown at higher elevations to ensure an antioxidant boosted, even more nutrient rich cup.

Cocoa powder, matcha green tea, Kenyan white matcha

About Bird & Blend Tea Co. View company

Bird & Blend Matcha Advent Calendar – Day 6

I’m in a rush today, so this will be a short note LOL.

This is my favorite of the B&B matchas so far. It has a lovely cocoa flavor that reminds me of hot cocoa. The matcha is weak, as usual, but I’m enjoying my adult chocolate milk for breakfast. ;) The matcha did seem more clumpy than usual for some reason. This is definitely my favorite chocolate matcha that I’ve tried so far.

From Bonne Maman, today it’s Morello Cherry (Cerise Griotte) spread. Cherry is one of my favorite Bonne Maman flavors, so hooray! I’m not sure I know what a Morello cherry is specifically though. But this is certainly a delicious cherry jam, it reminds me of cherry pie filling actually. There is some pleasant tartness and perhaps a hint of floral? Yummy!

Flavors: Cocoa, Creamy, Grass, Smooth, Sweet, Umami

Iced 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Mastress Alita

Cherry would certainly go well with the chocolate matcha. That’s one of the few samplers I’ve had and I really like that one, too.

Flavour wise this is a lot more subtle than it’s dreamy chocolate scent. It’s light and easy to drink with a hint of hot chocolate in the somewhat dry after taste. No real tea taste to speak of.

Sort of like you’ve run out of milk and cocoa powder and you make yourself a very weak hot chocolate with just water.

It tasted fine it was just too subtle in comparison to the wonderful scent. I will be trying the rest of this as a latte tonight.

Pictures on the blog.

355/365

This one’s been in my cupboard for a while, largely because I don’t tend to gravitate towards chocolate tea in general. Like a few of B & B’s other flavoured matchas, this one brews up a particularly unattractive shade of brown. At first I wondered whether it was actually a green tea base; turns out it is, but blended with white matcha also. That might go some way towards explaining it. There’s also, obviously, cocoa powder. Not a lot, though, if the powder itself if anything to go by.

The chocolate flavour is actually really clear, which is a pleasant surprise. There’s also a roasty undertone, that reminds me a bit of genmaicha. It doesn’t taste particularly of green tea, so it would be a good choice for anyone a little nervous of matcha.

As a matcha, which is how I prepared today’s cup, it’s pleasantly creamy and pretty delicious. Not exactly reminiscent of hot chocolate but close – although definitely more savoury. I’ll happily drink this one again – as chocolate tea goes, it’s one of the better ones I’ve tried.

Trick or Treat! I made a big mug of this, latte-style, because I just find matcha too bitter for my tastes to take plain. This is really nice though, like a combination of hot chocolate and a matcha latte, and since there is a bitter cold wind blowing tonight, this and my fuzzy slipper socks is just what I needed to warm back up.

I used a teaspoon of matcha whisked in 200ml 175F water, mixed with 200ml warm and slightly frothed vanilla almond milk. The matcha still has a nice, pronounced grassy flavor, but there is a noticable slightly bittersweet, dark chocolate note. Mixed with the vanilla almond milk, which adds a nice off-setting sweetness and creaminess, it really does taste like a perfect fusion of hot cocoa and matcha latte. So if you’ve ever wanted a cup of cocoa with enough caffeine to keep you up for a marathon of The Great British Bake-off (now you know what I’m doing with my Saturday night, go me!) this is the drink for you!

Flavors: Cocoa, Dark Bittersweet, Dark Chocolate, Grass, Sweet, warm grass

175 °F / 79 °C 1 tsp 14 OZ / 400 ML
Cameron B.

I love Great British Bake-off! Too bad I’ve seen it all… QQ

Mastress Alita

I’ve just been introduced to it and am quite addicted! I’ve blown through the first season and just started the second… I think my only complaint is how hungry it makes me, hahaha!