Food Green Yerba maté Blend
Cocoa Bean Shells, Cocoa Nibs, Coffee Beans, Green Yerba Mate, Natural Flavours, Sencha
Cocoa, Coffee, Cacao, Dry Grass, Earth, Grass, Herbaceous, Roasted, Smooth, Sweet
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

2 Images

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Tea of the morning! This is one of the teas from B&B’s January subscription box. It’s also a limited edition, I think it was a tea they offered previously that they brought back for a limited...” Read full tasting note

From Bird & Blend Tea Co.

The supercharged caffeinator to get you through!

All-nighters? Setting up camp in the library? Working late? Sound familiar?! We’ve chosen only the best caffeine charged ingredients including coffee leaf, yerba mate and cocoa nibs to help you through. Come on you can do this!

Chinese sencha green tea, Coffee Beans, Yerba Mate, Cocoa Shells, Cocoa Nibs, Natural Flavouring

About Bird & Blend Tea Co. View company

1 Tasting Note

Tea of the morning!

This is one of the teas from B&B’s January subscription box. It’s also a limited edition, I think it was a tea they offered previously that they brought back for a limited time? (shrugs)

Anyway, this is a green tea and green maté blend with coffee beans and cacao. For me, it’s just okay.

Don’t get me wrong, it tastes fairly good. I guess I just need another flavor or two to make it more exciting. The green tea is fairly boring, with just a mellow dry grassy flavor. The maté adds soft herbal and earthy notes. I can definitely taste the coffee, and I do feel it’s a nice amount of coffee, with a pleasant roasty flavor that doesn’t overpower the blend. I’m not sure about cacao, maybe a tiny bit? There’s a little creamy note that occasionally pokes its head out and whispers of greatness…

I think if there was more cacao flavor, I would enjoy this a lot more. As-is, it’s a bit boring? I guess I’m not a straight coffee drinker, so I like my coffee teas to be more latte-style as well! ;)

I can’t really comment on the energizing powers of this, as I don’t find myself to be much affected by caffeine and the like.

Flavors: Cacao, Coffee, Dry Grass, Earth, Grass, Herbaceous, Roasted, Smooth, Sweet