Raspberry Mimosa

Green Tea
Green Tea, Orange Peel, Raspberry
Edit tea info Last updated by Mikumofu

• “Sipdown (698)! Made this one up over the weekend as something to sip on while I shaved off all of my hair. I don’t actually own an electric razor right now so my current head shaving moment was to...” Read full tasting note
  • “First review for this one! This is a blend with dark green tea leaves and dried raspberry pieces, though I didn’t identify the orange peel pieces from the description. There is a raspberry scent...” Read full tasting note

From Camellia Sinensis

A green tea with bold vegetal notes, enhanced by the tangy flavors of raspberry and orange. This invigorating and refreshing tea has a charming and delicately poetic finish.

About Camellia Sinensis View company

Sipdown (698)!

Made this one up over the weekend as something to sip on while I shaved off all of my hair. I don’t actually own an electric razor right now so my current head shaving moment was to take a pair of scissors and cut off my hair as close to the scalp as possible, then take a thick coat of nair and use that to remove the remaining hair. Finally, after the nair treatment, I took a razor and shaved everything down completely until I got the Mr. Clean effect. It’s maybe not the most efficient way to go from shoulder length hair to bald (actually, it’s DEFINITELY not – it takes hours) but it does the trick. Definitely needed tea to keep me company during the process though…

I oversteeped this, which drew out some astringency/bitterness and more of a grassy note from the green tea base – but thankfully that raspberry/orange flavour combo is still so good and so sweet that it was still a really pleasant cup despite that fumble with my brewing.

I’ll look into picking up more of this one next Spring/Summer, I think.

First review for this one! This is a blend with dark green tea leaves and dried raspberry pieces, though I didn’t identify the orange peel pieces from the description. There is a raspberry scent that reminds me of the pastille type of fruit hard candy, and also leans toward floral and perfume-like. These qualities become stronger after steeping, which produces a yellow-green color. This is a very solid dark green tea, vegetal but not vegetable-like or grassy. The raspberry flavor is potent and refreshing. Aside from the scent being a little too perfumed, it’s quite enjoyable.