Creamy Nut Oolong

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Dexter

From CitizenTea

A creamy swirl of caramel and almond
Oolong tea, apple pieces, caramel pieces (sweetened condensed skimmed milk, sugar, glucose syrup,(wheat), butter fat, humectant: sorbitiol(wheat), emulsifier(rapeseed)), almond leaves, almond pieces, sunflower petals, safflower petals, blue mallow flowers.

About CitizenTea View company

This morning, the sun was bright and warm and I thought it would be a perfect day for a walk. Well, yes and no. I set out for a sizeable stroll on the apparently clear sidewalks. Yeah, no. Once I was in motion, I discovered that the streets were coated in a thin glaze of ice, fine enough to be invisible until you had taken a flip. And so I proceeded on my walk gingerly and slowly. I did arrive at my destination eventually, but my body is sore from the stiffness of taking such care for so long. But also, I am in one piece, and for that, I am grateful.

This is tasting very very familiar to me: caramel sweet and taffy nuts. Delicious and familiar.

To be continued.

Thank you for the sample, Dexter. A most enjoyable cup.

Got this one as a free sample a little while back with an order.

I didn’t know much about this apart from the fact that it’s a super big favourite of Dexter’s but that alone was more than enough reasoning for me to be excited to try it out. It certainly smells lovely though; like toasted nuts, vanilla, and caramel. Mmm!

Steeped up it’s not bad, but not as smooth as I expected it to taste. Primary note is definitely nuttiness – but it’s a very heavy roasted nut kind of taste with some slight char/bitterness. Really almond dominant; but I feel like a bit of hazelnut too? It’s not bad; a little bitter in my tea definitely isn’t a deal breaker for me but for a tea that’s supposed to be a “creamy” nut flavour it was definitely a touch unexpected. Other notes are caramel, though a very heavy and rich version rather than light and creamy. Kind of simple? I expected notes of, like, vanilla or something? It feels weird that there aren’t any.

Kind of just an average tasting tea to me overall.

Picked up a tiny sample of this while shipping was free! It was heavenly, just like the Teaopia version used to be (complete with requiring lots of leaves for best flavour). I’m pretty stoked to have it easily accessible again!

It definitely tastes like its name creamy nut oolong.

I’ve been hesitant to open my sample. This was one of my first tea loves, but doesn’t age well so the last time I had it in my cupboard, years ago, my last few cups were seriously meh. Not exactly the greatest last memory.
Anyhow. It was super smooth and perfectly nutty, with none of the scratchy blandness I was stuck with towards the end of my bag (no tins yet, at that time). Super noms.
Also? three infusions with some mineral notes peeking out on the third!

nice! glad it was good for you

Indigobloom

hehe thx :P

I loved this tea when it was sold by Teaopia and I still love it. Trying to find a replacement is what lead me to Steepster. Lots of warm fuzzies associated with this tea. Really happy to have it back in my life.