"Space Girls"

Bulk
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Crimson Lotus Tea

5 Images

• “This is a cute sheng with a lovely soft sweet profile and a lightly creamy body. It is floral and fruity, with always a looming astringency threatening to happen if you steep it too aggressively. I...” Read full tasting note
  • “Hmm I guess no one has made a review for this yet. Drinking this tonight since I got a sample with latest Crimson Lotus Tea order. I knew not to use boiling water, so I started with 190 and yikes...” Read full tasting note

From Crimson Lotus Tea

This tea is a multi mountain sheng puerh blend we crafted in the Spring of 2016. This tea is soft and sweet, but aggressive if pushed too far. What else would you expect from a Space Girl? Like the rings of Saturn fruity and floral notes surround this tea.

About Crimson Lotus Tea View company

I did 200F and got 8 infusions, with the final being very astringent. This is not a tea to forget about steeping and a good test of your steeping technique if you go higher on temperature. You can play it safe on a lower temperature, but also keep in mind this tea is pressed super tight – so it’ll take awhile to open up.

Full review on Oolong Owl http://oolongowl.com/2016-space-girls-sheng-puer-crimson-lotus-tea/

200 °F / 93 °C 0 min, 15 sec 1 g 1 OZ / 15 ML

Hmm I guess no one has made a review for this yet. Drinking this tonight since I got a sample with latest Crimson Lotus Tea order. I knew not to use boiling water, so I started with 190 and yikes that was still bitter (even with flash steeps). So I brought it down to 175 and that’s a lot smoother. Tea isn’t bad, but is still a little astrigent even with the lower temperature. Definitely drinkable though. Feeling a little tea high from this tea tonight too – nothing fancy but a little light-headedness. Maybe because I drank so much so quickly?

For the price and the artwork I don’t think this is a bad tea. The sample I had tonight was a lot of dust and broken pieces. I’ll have to try the more “intact” piece next time to see if helps cut down on the bitterness and astringency.

175 °F / 79 °C 0 min, 15 sec 5 g