The Buzz

Yerba maté Tea
Apple, Ginger, Ginseng, Green Tea, Lemon Peel, Lemongrass, Licorice Root, Matcha Green Tea, Orange Peel, Yerba Mate Leaves
Ginger, Apple, Spices, Lemon, Lemon Zest, Lemongrass, Spicy, Anise, Licorice, Orange, Citrus, Bitter, Artificial, Fruity, Green, Honey, Grapefruit
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Leanne Coughlan

From DAVIDsTEA

Lately, everyone seems to be buzzing about this tea. But who can blame them? With so many super-energizing ingredients, it’ll probably get you buzzing, too. It’s got the stimulating kick of guarana, matcha and yerba mate, plus a hint of white ginseng – Chinese medicine’s key to vital energy. Add super-healthy green tea, zesty citrus and a spicy hint of ginger, and you’ve got an energizing blend you can feel great about drinking.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I found the ginger kind of overpowered everything else. 3/5

Flavors: Ginger

I had a feeling I wouldn’t be too big of a fan of this tea because of the ginger. However, it was better than I thought it would be. The apple gave it a bit of a fruitiness and the ginger gave a kick of heat. I got it in one of Davids packages… I believe the energizing teas kit… I don’t think I’d buy it again. But it was at least worth a try… a nice afternoon pick me up.

Flavors: Apple, Ginger, Spices

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

I have to say my first time trying this tea, I was not the biggest fan of it. Maybe it was just cause I was too busy to enjoy it it or it was not what I was expecting from the smell of the tea leaves.

Flavors: Spicy

I can taste the ginger but also something else that doesn’t agree with me and leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I am not a fan of this one.

Roswell Strange

Possibly the licorice root in the blend?

TEAluv5$

I don’t think it was the licorice root-I like licorice. The flavor I did not like was the spiciness/bitterness at the end of the ginger taste in the tea that gave me a bad taste in my mouth (almost like they put crushed peppercorn in the blend). I am confused as to what ingredient could have caused that…

I found the ginger and licorice root to be entirely too overpowering. There was no originality in this flavor either.

Flavors: Anise, Ginger, Licorice

Well this has a lovely bit of caffeine to it. I get lemon and ginger in the taste and I swear a bit of orange as well. The orange is pretty faint though.

Flavors: Ginger, Lemon, Orange

200 °F / 93 °C 7 min, 0 sec 16 OZ / 473 ML

The Buzz is a decent tea but I’m not sure when I’d really want to drink it. The caffeine rich yerba mate and matcha seem an odd pairing with the spicy ginger-citrusy flavours. The flavour is a bit too strong for the morning and wouldn’t be my tea of choice to start the day with. But to have it later in the day with the higher amount of caffeine also wouldn’t be ideal. I suspect it would sit in my cupboard waiting for the right time never quite arriving. Good thing I just got the little sample in the resolutions pack.

Flavors: Citrus, Ginger, Lemon, Spicy

205 °F / 96 °C 6 min, 0 sec 5 g 12 OZ / 355 ML

As a university student, the Buzz tea is a go to. With high amounts of caffeine and organic herbs – this tea has me up all night (which is great during exams)!

Flavors: Bitter, Ginger, Lemon

Caffeine was alright, but wasn’t as strong as I expected it to be. I hate ginger, don’t drink this if you hate ginger too. Extremely strong ginger flavour.

Flavors: Bitter, Ginger

A nice flavour for those who don’t like it too sweet. Although, the scent has lots of lemon so I expected more lemon, and was a very slightly disappointed by its absence. Not a complete absence of lemon, but mainly a ginger taste. Anyways, this tea hits my harder than any coffee or energy drink I’ve had, and I’ve had plenty. It is a focused energy though, not like coffee where you get irritable and scatter brained. My mind feels like it’s expanded when I drink this tea. I absolutely love the taste (now that I got over the absence of lemon) and it keeps me going through the day.

Flavors: Ginger, Lemon