Strawberry Fields

Black Tea, Blackberry Leaves, Strawberry
Green, Strawberry, Artificial, Cream, Creamy, Tea, Bitter, Candy, Sweet, Earth, Floral, Lemon, Fruity, Smooth
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

From DAVIDsTEA

Some say that spring isn’t really here until you taste your first strawberry. Others say it officially starts when you have your first picnic. But this all natural, berries-and-cream tea has everything you need to jump-start the season – rich black tea, juicy berries and a decadent hint of creaminess. What better way to celebrate the best time of the year? If you’re feeling adventurous, try brewing an extra-strong shot and adding it to your next smoothie, milkshake or pancake batter.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I’m still pretty new to tea – I don’t have much background to bet this against. But, I did not taste any strawberry in this tea! It tasted good otherwise – until it left a chalky aftertaste in my mouth. While I just taste tea, my one friend tastes bananas and my other tastes mint. None of us know what to think about this tea!

Sipdown.

Not bad. The sweet strawberry flavor is mostly drowned out by the base, though.

Strawberry week continues. I woke up thinking strawberry black tea. What could I do?

Frisky strawberry top note, which varies from spot on strawberry to slightly false. The slightest touch of something green-tasting grounding it a bit, and then the black tea base.

I am not getting the creaminess. Not really.

The tea base is fine. Not particularly remarkable but fitting to the layered flavours. With flavoured black teas, especially with ones with fairly delicate flavours such as strawberry, I aspire to steeping closer to two minutes, which often turns into three. To my mind, that gives up the best flavour that the tea has to offer. More than that and it’s not a happy story.

The first time I tried this tea, I really enjoyed it. More so than today although I am enjoying this cup and will enjoy the second steep as well.

My point here is that I don’t think it is wise to drink different strawberry teas day after day. It becomes difficult to focus on the particular tea and evaluate it for what it is. Perhaps one’s tastebuds become jaded. Perhaps it is just time to move on and change things up a bit to appreciate what you have in your cup.

Second steeping. I think I may even enjoy this one more. The flavours have interacted more. The strawberry seems a bit more pronounced, with the imitation hint disappearing completely. It even seems a bit more creamy. Yay.

Flavors: Green, Strawberry

Boiling 2 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
Terri HarpLady

It’s so hard for me to compare similar teas, especially drank back to back.
Although I’ve tried…many times…

Evol Ving Ness

It was not my intention to compare the teas when I began my strawberry journey a few days ago. I was just craving strawberry teas, and since I have several on hand, I just continued to change it up.

I rarely drink the same type of tea over several days.

I think that if I had wanted to compare, I would steep all the ones I wanted to compare at the same time, with the same steeping parameters, and do a tasting of them.

Because these teas are similar, to some extent, bah!

Terri HarpLady

I did that with Black pearls awhile back. Lined up 5 little cups, dropped one pearl in each (from 5 diff companies), and that worked ok. Nowdays, I’ve been doing things like ‘purple tea monday’, where I drink a different purple black each monday, for example. But I also have days where I just want to drink some golden leaved yunnan all day long, so I hear you :)

It’s alright. Could use a little more strawberry flavor. I have had this both hot and iced (it’s good both ways), I’m going to try using frozen strawberries with this tea iced to see if that makes it better. I am pleased with the creaminess and how you taste the black tea too. I don’t hate it, but I don’t LOVE it either.

YUCK! I had pretty high hopes for this tea. Black tea, strawberries, blackberry leaves, natural strawberry, sugar and cream flavouring, yum! But this just tastes so fake and artificial. Then it reminded me of awful strawberry or cherry cough syrup, YUCK! I tried adding blueberry agave but that didn’t make it any better. It also has this weird spice to it. Bad strawberry cough syrup with an odd spice, big thumbs down! Luckily the rest of the spring collection was great.

Flavors: Artificial, Strawberry

I had such high hopes for this tea. It sounded like something that’d be right up my alley. I love black teas and I love strawberries in my tea. In the end, the combination of strawberries and cream over a black tea base just did not work for me. I guess you DO learn something new every day. I was more disappointed because I’d already purchased 100 grams of it under the assumption that it’d be a complete winner. So sad.

Flavors: Artificial, Cream, Strawberry

After trying this tea, I realized that I really don’t like black teas. I never know how much milk to add and what not. Anyway, this is okay. It wouldn’t be something I pick right away unlike my other favorite David’s teas.

I added a splash of almond milk and I had it iced. It does have a hint of strawberry but it’s more black tea than anything.

Flavors: Strawberry

Iced

I’m really hoping this is a winner. It smells so yummy like strawberries and cream. I may just surprise myself and add milk. It seems like that kind of tea. Right now this is a fairly new tea but I’m
tired and need caffeine as opposed to a

backlog. Maybe later.
Wow. Bitter.
I even steeped shorter and with less
I NEVER sweeten my tea. I had to add milk. I prefer simple I’m glad I only got 10 grams. Ah no strawberry Fields forever I suspect. With milk it is nice not holy crap nice but a servicable morning latte . basically I had to adulterate it to make it drinkable.

1905 tasting notes

This was another sample that came with my DT order. The dry leaves smelled quite nice but unfortunately the brew itself was horribly bitter. I had to dump in a ton of milk and honey to make even remotely palatable and even then it was mediocre at best. According to other people’s reviews they’ve had better luck cold-brewing this blend – but honestly? I dislike it it so much that I don’t want to go to the effort.

Boiling 4 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

I found this tea creamy and it has a very nice strawberry flavour to it. I did not find it bitter at all and the second steep was just as good as the first steep.

Flavors: Creamy, Strawberry