Peach Matcha

Grass, Peach, Sweet, Fruity, Green, Nectar, Stonefruits, Sugarcane
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Roswell Strange
170 °F / 76 °C 8 oz / 236 ml

• “This smelled a little funky in the bag. Like artificial flavouring, in an unpleasant way. (So did the Wild Honey Matcha, oddly.) However, once brewed, it’s fine. I just mixed it with milk, no...” Read full tasting note
  • “Drank this yesterday in a mango smoothie. I missed the honey I usually add. I also didn’t get much from this. Mostly it was mango, mango, and more mango. Not bad but definitely not peachy.” Read full tasting note
  • “I’ve decided to go all in on this matcha thing. I need the caffeine, but mate exacerbates my anxiety. So I picked up the matcha maker (the greatest invention of modern times tbh), shook up some...” Read full tasting note
  • “I’ve been partaking in more straight, or at least unsweetened, if flavored, matcha for the past few weeks. Idk, felt like a sugar day so I went for this one. My biggest peeve with this is that...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

Game, set, matcha

This all-natural blend of stone-ground matcha and cane sugar is the easiest, most convenient way to make your favourite green tea recipes. It’s already sweetened, so all you need to do is decide what you want to make. You can blend it with milk and ice for killer breakfast smoothie, froth it with milk for a latte, mix it into cookie batter, or add a spoonful to your next milkshake for a real treat. Looks like you’ve got some seriously tasty experimenting to do.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This smelled a little funky in the bag. Like artificial flavouring, in an unpleasant way. (So did the Wild Honey Matcha, oddly.) However, once brewed, it’s fine. I just mixed it with milk, no sweetener since it’s already sweet, and it was decent. Kind of a fuzzy peach flavour. I wish it was a little more fresh peach, and a little stronger in flavour, but it did the trick. Not my favourite, though – I think blueberry may keep that spot.

I’ve decided to go all in on this matcha thing. I need the caffeine, but mate exacerbates my anxiety. So I picked up the matcha maker (the greatest invention of modern times tbh), shook up some peach matcha, added a bit of milk, and walked out the door. It’s GREAT. When I worked at Starbucks many moons ago, I didn’t like the smell of the matcha at all – like dirt and leaves and (everyone says it but it’s true) grass. But this stuff is creamy (probably from the milk) and light and ever so slightly peachy. I need more flavors, but don’t want to hoard in case it goes bad….
ED: This doesn’t stay suspended and settles at the bottom as you drink it, so you have to keep shaking it up. I don’t mind, but you might?

Flavors: Grass, Peach, Sweet

170 °F / 76 °C 1 tsp

My biggest peeve with this is that there’s always some sort of oily residue in my matcha maker afterwards, and it’s hard to clean out. But it’s a nicely flavored and not overwhelmingly sweet for flavored matcha

Merry Christmas Steepster!!

I made myself a giant breakfast in bed today, for no particular reason other than it’s Christmas and I wanted to make something more elaborate with the free time I had this morning. So I made over easy eggs with cheese and chives, some hashbrowns cooked in sesame oil (new cooking obsession, for sure) and topped with a mango salsa, and a bagel with some peach matcha infused marscapone for my “cream cheese” type spread.

The whole meal was delicious, but a highlight was definitely the bagel. This isn’t the first time that I’ve made a sort of matcha cream cheese, but it’s the first time I’ve used marscapone as my cheese of choice. I like it a lot as a bagel topping even when there isn’t matcha in it – it’s very light and airy, and super creamy. The peach was a great addition though because it added a lot more flavor to the topping, but maintained that insane freshness/airy quality and the out of this world level of creamy taste.

My instant thought upon finishing it was that I needed to make more, but with strawberry matcha and blueberry matcha. Of course – I didn’t: no one needs three bagels in one morning. However, definitely something that I’m going to be keeping in mind for the rest of my breakfast prep during my vacation…

Also; total side bar but what is it with Montreal and Blueberry Bagels!? For a city that is kind of known for having amazing bagel-game, I can’t seem to find a blueberry bagel in this damn city to save my life! I fucking love blueberry bagels and I’m definitely feeling quite sad without having any in my life right now. Common Montreal!

Cameron B.

Merry Christmas!

I am also obsessed with sesame oil. Also salted sesame seeds (roast sesame seeds and then mix with salt water, then evaporate the water). I cook a lot of Japanese, but those two ingredients carry over into other cuisines as well!

Evol Ving Ness

Merry Christmas to you, Ms. Strange! And to you, Cameron B! (Thanks for the sesame seed tip. I’ll be putting that in my toolbox.)

VariaTEA

Fairmont makes them and while I dont love Montreal style bagels, a fresh blueberry bagel from fairmont is awesome!

Nattie

Merry Christmas!! That breakfast sounds AMAZING!

This was a great caffeine boost this morning to prepare for a tough and very long day. I mixed ~1 tsp into 200 mL cold vanilla soy milk and it was a very sweet, creamy, peachy breakfast drink. The matcha came through as fresh and flavourful but the milk totally covered any grassy bitterness.

Flavors: Peach, Stonefruits, Sweet

Having this iced with a bit of milk is delicious. I like the peach flavour in this, and I only like flavoured matcha. So this is yummy.

Flavors: Peach

170 °F / 76 °C

I had this one iced. There was enough peach flavour.

Try it made traditionally.

This taste very yummy mixed with some milk. I used the matcha shaker tumbler from Davidstea and just add some milk and then the matcha powder. It mixes really well. I will have to try with hot water one day but I usually only like my matchas with milk.

Trying again, this time whisked into cold milk. It was a lot like a peach milkshake, bit one that left a dry, chalky feeling on my tongue. Aside from that, this was quite the step up from making this one hot and whisked in water.

I’m challenging myself to sipdown ten teas this month as a way to clear out teas I’ve had forever and haven’t used. I think this will be one of those teas.

Kristal

I ended up using up my matcha by mixing in a little bit in my oatmeal each morning. I didn’t notice a taste difference, and 1/4 tsp- 1/2 tsp each day really adds up!

sundaysipping

Oooh! That could work! I was thinking of making some baked oatmeal for breakfast this week anyway – thanks for the tip!

Kristal