Honeycrisp Apple

Green Tea
Apple, Blackberry Leaves, Green Tea, Hibiscus, Pear
Apple, Metallic, Mineral, Sweet, Pear, Green, Tart, Orange Blossom, Candy, Honey, Sugar, Apple Candy, Fruity, Hibiscus
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

• “Once upon a time I hunted this down and had it shipped to me from a far-away DT store. Now it’s permanent and there is a store close to me and all is right with the world….except maybe this tea? I...” Read full tasting note
  • “I got 50 g of this tea for free when the Harvest Collection came out. I was excited that there was finally an apple tea I could try (I am allergic to caramel so most apple teas are ones I can’t...” Read full tasting note
  • “So the winter collection for this year came out recently and because I have little to no self control I had to also buy a few things on sale at the David’s near me. This was included in the harvest...” Read full tasting note
  • “You know it bodes well when you find yourself blurting “That’s GOOD! I like that! I like that A LOT!” immediately after the first sip… and then after the second… and third…. YUM! I do struggle...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

Honey I’m home

Is there any activity more whole heartedly autumnal than apple picking? Not that we can think of. And when it comes to apples, the Honeycrisp is king. Juicy, sweet and full of flavour, it’s a fall treat we look forward to every year. And this refreshing, fruit-packed tea is just like biting into a fresh Honeycrisp straight off the tree. Whether you drink it straight up or spike it with a splash of bourbon, it’s the perfect way to bring the orchard home. Oh honey!

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Once upon a time I hunted this down and had it shipped to me from a far-away DT store. Now it’s permanent and there is a store close to me and all is right with the world….except maybe this tea? I don’t know. I used to really really love it. (I’ve only tried it hot, iced is in my future.) Water quality is really important – I only use filtered water generally but sometimes this tea can exaggerate a sort of minerally metal taste? Just sometimes? I still like it a lot but you really never know what you’re going to get. Oh, and it tastes a lot nicer than it smells (like apples gone off). It’s a delicious tea if you meet it on the right day.

Flavors: Apple, Metallic, Mineral, Sweet

I got 50 g of this tea for free when the Harvest Collection came out. I was excited that there was finally an apple tea I could try (I am allergic to caramel so most apple teas are ones I can’t drink). I didn’t care for this tea at all hot. It was like drinking hot apple juice. Iced, it was somewhat better but tastes like sweet apples without much other flavour. I was hoping the green tea would come through more but it doesn’t at all, in my opinion. So, while I had no issues using up my 50 g, I won’t be buying any more of this.

Flavors: Apple

Iced 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

So the winter collection for this year came out recently and because I have little to no self control I had to also buy a few things on sale at the David’s near me. This was included in the harvest collection and it sounded the most interesting to try since I like fruity flavours a lot. True to the name, the dry leaf predominantly smells like apple, with notes of pear and something a bit sour which might be the apple pomace.

Steeped, the tea has a colour nearly identical to apple juice which is kind of cute. I did find that steeping it with 1.25 tsp/cup for 3 minutes left it a little weak, so I might try for longer next time. The flavour itself is quite nice though, it has a very light and fresh apple flavour without much astringency from the green tea. The only gripe I have is that there’s a strange flavour that’s also coming in, I’m not sure how to describe it other than a bit… like a musty sour? Perhaps that flavour is meant to mimic the tartness of an apple, but I find it’s not really working out.

Overall, I do think that this is a pretty decent apple tea, but the odd taste in the background means that I probably won’t get this tea on its own. I’ll do some experimenting and see what happens.

You know it bodes well when you find yourself blurting “That’s GOOD! I like that! I like that A LOT!” immediately after the first sip… and then after the second… and third…. YUM! I do struggle to put my finger on the exact flavour – I think it’s the apple and pear shining through, mostly. But there’s something else in there…. Maybe it’s just the honey I added (I add it to all my teas, even before trying them). But SOOOO GOOD!

Flavors: Apple, Pear

Boiling 8 min or more 1 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

This tea is awesome! I did not expect to like this tea because of the hibiscus but I ended up getting 4 oz after tasting a free sample I got of this. I love the green tea aspect of this tea which might be why I’m ok with the hibiscus. There is a slight tartness to it but not enough to bother me or dry my mouth it like other teas do. I love this tea as my second cup of tea in the morning it’s the perfect beginning of fall tea.

Flavors: Apple, Green, Tart

Iced, with honey.

It’s not really common that I find myself craving a green tea, and yet that’s exactly what happened with this one. I was scooping it for a customer and I just had the overwhelming need to make a cup of my one. I went iced because to be honest the mall was sweltering hot and I just wasn’t adding a hot beverage to my day on top of all that.

It was good – just as satisfying and I thought it was going to be. The orchard fruit notes in this are very intense. As much as apple is the namesake, I think there’s probably equal parts quince in the blend and just a hint of slightly underripe, piercing pear as well. Especially in the top notes before you get into that ‘meaty’ apple body flavour. The honey is a good compliment.

I cannot get enough of this tea! It is perfectly sweet and tastes like warm apples. Yum!

Flavors: Apple

195 °F / 90 °C 5 min, 30 sec 10 g 16 OZ / 473 ML

I really enjoyed this as a cold brew. It was tart but slightly sweet. The hibiscus wasn’t too overpowering.

Yummmm! Love this fruity green. I think it’s a pretty good balance between the tea base and the fruit flavor. Just by looking at it, you’d think it would be more apple-y than green but I like the balance. No sugar needed here, it’s pretty sweet and you don’t get that grassy flavor that green tea has.

Good hot tea comforting. My favorite tea now