Honeycrisp Apple

Green Tea
Apple, Blackberry Leaves, Green Tea, Hibiscus, Pear
Apple, Hibiscus, Sweet, Tart, Metallic, Mineral, Pear, Green, Orange Blossom, Candy, Honey, Sugar, Apple Candy, Fruity
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

• “from this month’s sipsby box. I didn’t know DT was a..uh…supplier? partner? with sipsby, so that’s cool. I’ve actually always wanted to try this, but I have a weird relationship with DT. mostly, I...” Read full tasting note
  • “Work – 2:00 PM So I didn’t really see much green tea in this blend, but I still steeped it as I would a green tea, just in case. It doesn’t taste like there’s any green tea in it, either. This tea...” Read full tasting note
  • “Once upon a time I hunted this down and had it shipped to me from a far-away DT store. Now it’s permanent and there is a store close to me and all is right with the world….except maybe this tea? I...” Read full tasting note
  • “I got 50 g of this tea for free when the Harvest Collection came out. I was excited that there was finally an apple tea I could try (I am allergic to caramel so most apple teas are ones I can’t...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

Honey I’m home

Is there any activity more whole heartedly autumnal than apple picking? Not that we can think of. And when it comes to apples, the Honeycrisp is king. Juicy, sweet and full of flavour, it’s a fall treat we look forward to every year. And this refreshing, fruit-packed tea is just like biting into a fresh Honeycrisp straight off the tree. Whether you drink it straight up or spike it with a splash of bourbon, it’s the perfect way to bring the orchard home. Oh honey!

About DAVIDsTEA View company

from this month’s sipsby box. I didn’t know DT was a..uh…supplier? partner? with sipsby, so that’s cool. I’ve actually always wanted to try this, but I have a weird relationship with DT. mostly, I love their teaware and am iffy on a lot of their blends.

this was fine. I needed some kind of tea after finally going through this box BOX of MYSTERY MICROFICHE that I’ve had at my desk for like a year. my boss said I had to go through it because there’s another dept. in the library that is currently doing a microfiche project and it would be helpful if they had access to anything that might be missing. IT TOOK ME ALL DAY. ALL. DAY. I HATE MICROFICHE SO MUCH. I still have a small lil pile of them, but only bc there were students sitting near where they needed to go and I feel awkward being all hunched over trying to find where exactly these fiche need to go, so that will have to wait until tomorrow.

the label says there’s green tea in here, but mostly what I have is apple bits, which is fine. I love apple. but it doesn’t really taste like much? all I’m getting is a sweet vaguely apple-y flavour. meh.

anyway. this is fine. microfiche is terrible and I never want to see any again.

Mastress Alita

Truth. I was put on a grant once trying to organize/tag tiny film negatives. I know those feels. #libraryproblems.

annie

that sounds awful!! we’re currently preparing for the possibility of moving everything in our basement (gov docs, microfiche, newspapers/magazines) to an off-site storage location. I work primarily with gov docs and like, so much stuff isn’t accounted for and so I’m going through the stacks, one damn thing at a time and seeing if it’s in our system. it’s annoying, but the microfiche project sounds worse!

Work – 2:00 PM

It doesn’t taste like there’s any green tea in it, either.

This tea has a nice balance of sweet and tart apple flavors. I can slightly taste the hibiscus, but it’s not overpowering, nor is the steeped tea bright pink. It’s more of a soft coral color.

Overall, it’s tasty but it’s not really tea to me, it’s more of a fruit tisane. Next time I’ll brew it hotter and longer to bring out a bit more apple flavor. I’ll keep this in mind as a nighttime brew as I’m sure there’s a negligible amount of caffeine in it.

Flavors: Apple, Hibiscus, Sweet, Tart

Once upon a time I hunted this down and had it shipped to me from a far-away DT store. Now it’s permanent and there is a store close to me and all is right with the world….except maybe this tea? I don’t know. I used to really really love it. (I’ve only tried it hot, iced is in my future.) Water quality is really important – I only use filtered water generally but sometimes this tea can exaggerate a sort of minerally metal taste? Just sometimes? I still like it a lot but you really never know what you’re going to get. Oh, and it tastes a lot nicer than it smells (like apples gone off). It’s a delicious tea if you meet it on the right day.

Flavors: Apple, Metallic, Mineral, Sweet

I got 50 g of this tea for free when the Harvest Collection came out. I was excited that there was finally an apple tea I could try (I am allergic to caramel so most apple teas are ones I can’t drink). I didn’t care for this tea at all hot. It was like drinking hot apple juice. Iced, it was somewhat better but tastes like sweet apples without much other flavour. I was hoping the green tea would come through more but it doesn’t at all, in my opinion. So, while I had no issues using up my 50 g, I won’t be buying any more of this.

Flavors: Apple

Iced 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

So the winter collection for this year came out recently and because I have little to no self control I had to also buy a few things on sale at the David’s near me. This was included in the harvest collection and it sounded the most interesting to try since I like fruity flavours a lot. True to the name, the dry leaf predominantly smells like apple, with notes of pear and something a bit sour which might be the apple pomace.

Steeped, the tea has a colour nearly identical to apple juice which is kind of cute. I did find that steeping it with 1.25 tsp/cup for 3 minutes left it a little weak, so I might try for longer next time. The flavour itself is quite nice though, it has a very light and fresh apple flavour without much astringency from the green tea. The only gripe I have is that there’s a strange flavour that’s also coming in, I’m not sure how to describe it other than a bit… like a musty sour? Perhaps that flavour is meant to mimic the tartness of an apple, but I find it’s not really working out.

Overall, I do think that this is a pretty decent apple tea, but the odd taste in the background means that I probably won’t get this tea on its own. I’ll do some experimenting and see what happens.

You know it bodes well when you find yourself blurting “That’s GOOD! I like that! I like that A LOT!” immediately after the first sip… and then after the second… and third…. YUM! I do struggle to put my finger on the exact flavour – I think it’s the apple and pear shining through, mostly. But there’s something else in there…. Maybe it’s just the honey I added (I add it to all my teas, even before trying them). But SOOOO GOOD!

Flavors: Apple, Pear

Boiling 8 min or more 1 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

This tea is awesome! I did not expect to like this tea because of the hibiscus but I ended up getting 4 oz after tasting a free sample I got of this. I love the green tea aspect of this tea which might be why I’m ok with the hibiscus. There is a slight tartness to it but not enough to bother me or dry my mouth it like other teas do. I love this tea as my second cup of tea in the morning it’s the perfect beginning of fall tea.

Flavors: Apple, Green, Tart

Just a plain hot cup; a crisp and clean finish to a sweet and juicy apple forward profile. It’s a floral apple, for sure – probably in part because of the pear/quince in this blend which are also pretty floral. I liked this cup in particular quite a lot, even if I’m not generally a fan of the tea as a whole.

This is another of the recently announced as retiring blends (only in Canada; the US is keeping this one). I said I’d review them all and I plan to stick by my word – but lord is it taking a while to get through them! I’m sad for anyone who really loved this tea because losing a favourite always sucks, but personally I think this is a smart call: I’ve always felt like we carried too many apple blends and we’re pretty over indexed on green tea currently so in my own opinion I think this just cleans up the tea wall a little bit of some of the repeat flavours – similar to the lemon tea situation.

I cannot get enough of this tea! It is perfectly sweet and tastes like warm apples. Yum!

Flavors: Apple

195 °F / 90 °C 5 min, 30 sec 10 g 16 OZ / 473 ML

I really enjoyed this as a cold brew. It was tart but slightly sweet. The hibiscus wasn’t too overpowering.