Kashmiri Chai

Green Tea
Cardamom, Cinnamon, Clove, Ginger, Green Tea, Marigold Flowers
Autumn Leaf Pile, Cardamon, Cinnamon, Clove, Pumpkin, Spicy, Nutmeg, Spices, Cloves, Ginger, Marzipan
Low
Kosher, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

From DAVIDsTEA

Kashmiri millionaires

If you’re looking for a lighter take on a traditional chai tea, this exotic green tea is for you. It’s inspired by the spiced teas of India’s Kashmir region, which often use a green tea base and lots of cardamom pods. Our version adds cinnamon, ginger and pretty marigold flowers to the mix, for a light and delicate chai you can sip on all day long. For an authentic touch, try brewing it with sugar and ground pistachios. Chai carumba!

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Perfect hot or as a hot latte! Tastes like a pumpkin pie when made into a latte with almond milk. Reminds me of harvest season/autumn! <3

Flavors: Autumn Leaf Pile, Cardamon, Cinnamon, Clove, Pumpkin, Spicy

Another in-store sample

I liked this one a lot even though it was a bit clove heavy in the spice combination.

This is my favourite tea! I was looking for a light tasting chai (I dislike black teas) and after the first sip of this tea, I’ve been hooked ever since!!!

Day 23 of the 2016 advent calendar! I’ve actually always wanted to try this tea because the idea of a green chai is pretty interesting to me. (I never got to try this the day of, because I was at my parents’ on the holidays and did not bring this with me). The tea certainly has a lot in the sample, I don’t see much of the green tea base. The dry leaf notes that I pick up are mainly the cloves, cardamom, and ginger, which is a good sign for a chai.

Steeped, this tea meets all expectations for me. The green tea base is nice and smooth, and the flavor of the chai is well-balanced. Each sip is nicely wrapped up with a bit of ginger as well. The only downside to this tea is that I found it just a little weak for my liking, but I may attribute that to its age instead.

Overall, I am very pleased with this tea, and if I’m in a David’s soon I’ll be sure to pick up 50g at least, as a nice pick-me-up for the upcoming cold days.

I really like this tea. It is nice and spicy but still light. I don’t really taste the green tea in this. I like this one a lot. I don’t add anything to it.

The prospect of a green chai intrigued me as I’ve often found traditional black chai teas to be overwhelming. The green tea base made this a very light chai, which was easy-to-drink and borderline refreshing. As I’m not a fan of cinnamon-heavy teas, this one made the cut as I could barely taste the cinnamon! The nutmeg and cardamom made up the base notes of this tea, with the cinnamon taking a step back. Slightly astringent, but overall pretty smooth for a chai.

Flavors: Cardamon, Nutmeg, Spices

Really enjoyed the cinnamon in this one, but it was otherwise a basic chai.

This is, as described, a light chai. I prefer a spicier chai with black pepper.

#ProjectTeaWall

A green chai!? Well, after my delightful Green Rooibos latte I figured I better get something I wasn’t looking forward to out of the way on the Project Tea Wall list…

I’m never going to be the world’s biggest Chai fan, but honestly this wasn’t awful. I’ve certainly tried worse green teas since starting Project Tea Wall, that’s for sure. Part of why I think this didn’t completely flop for me was that it’s not actually that ginger heavy, and the vanilla does a wonderful job keeping this sweet and balancing out the spices. Also, the green base does a nice job keeping this lighter feeling too. Though, there was definitely some astringency going on.

I actually think I may need to make more of a legitamate effort trying some green based Chai from other companies ‘cause I’ve tried a few green Chai blends now and I think I have a better success rate with them over traditional black based Chai. In fact, Tea Desire’s Apricot Chai with a Gunpowder base is one of my all time favourite Chai blends, and by a long shot…

Friendly reminder that I’m not currently numerically rating DAVIDsTEA blends as I’m currently seasonally employed there and it would be an obvious conflict of interest. Any blends you see with numerical ratings were rated prior to my employment there. These reviews are a reflection of my personal thoughts regarding the teas, and not the company’s.