English Toffee

Pu-erh Tea
Caramel, Cocoa Beans, Cocoa Husks, Pu Erh Tea
Caramel, Chocolate, Earth, Metallic, Toffee, Vanilla, Cocoa, Creamy, Dark Bittersweet, Dark Chocolate, Tannic, Wood, Clay, Milk, Mineral, Sweet, Cream, Irish Cream, Malt, Coconut
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

• “Last night I jump started my spring cleaning by going through my teas. Truth be told, in going through my collection I found 4 separate bags of Snow Day. I feel like I should get working on using...” Read full tasting note
  • “This is a nice afternoon tea when I’m wanting a bit of sweetness after lunch. It’s pretty bland plain but a tiny bit of milk helps bring out the creamy cocoa/toffee notes in my opinion.” Read full tasting note
  • “HOT: Best as a latte, good taste but not especially flavourful. I recommend adding some extra scoops so there is a stronger taste. I tried re-steeping but it mostly just tasted like weak black...” Read full tasting note
  • “Straight this smells a lot like Toasted Walnut, but with less flavor. It’s better with sugar and milk.” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

How sweet it is

Need a toffee break? This rich and decadent, all-natural blend of pu’erh, cocoa beans and caramel is the perfect sweet treat. With its mouth-watering aromas of caramel and browned butter, even steeping it feels like a luxury. But with all the benefits of pu’erh – and next to no calories – this is one little indulgence you can feel great about drinking. Try it with hot frothed milk and a shot of coffee liqueur. It just doesn’t get sweeter than that.

Ingredients: Pu’erh tea, cocoa beans, cocoa husk, caramel (condensed milk, sugar, glucose syrup, butterfat, sorbitol, mono and diglycerides), natural flavouring.

Contains milk.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Last night I jump started my spring cleaning by going through my teas. Truth be told, in going through my collection I found 4 separate bags of Snow Day. I feel like I should get working on using it up, but my taste buds are like NOPE. I drink my teas without milk or sugar, and I’m getting really sick of teas that are sickly sweet right from the teapot. It’s 6am so I’m especially not thrilled at the idea of an uber sweet tea right now. Anyway, I found half a tin of English Toffee still tucked inside my advent calendar. I vaguely remember not hating it, and maybe even enjoying it the first time around. I opened it up and sniffed – smooth and sweet without being sickly sweet, and a hint of chocolate. Let’s steep that up!

While English toffee does contain tiny bits of caramel, it’s just nice and subtle. I feel like the cocoa and caramel are in perfect harmony to prevent this from being too bitter or too sweet. It’s the first thing I’ve consumed today and I’m thoroughly enjoying it. I’m shocked that I can barely remember drinking it the first time. Davids is having a big sale right now, and I’m even considering ordering the 100g tin.

Now I’m thinking how delicious this would be paired with scones and jam!! MMM!

Flavors: Caramel, Chocolate

HOT: Best as a latte, good taste but not especially flavourful. I recommend adding some extra scoops so there is a stronger taste. I tried re-steeping but it mostly just tasted like weak black tea.

ICED: I wouldnt bother making it this way personally, it is not strong enough of a taste. Unless you want ice water with a hint of nutty caramel in it.

Overall it does taste like toffee but my complaint is that it is just too mild of a tea.

Flavors: Caramel, Earth, Metallic, Toffee, Vanilla

After taking my first sip my first thought was “wow, the really hit the nail on the head with this one.” The toffee notes were so spot on. Unfortunately, toffee has never been one of my favourites, so this isn’t a perfect tea for me, but if your looking for toffee, this is it.

One weird thing is that I kind of found it smelled like Kraft Dinner, and that association kind of made it taste like Kraft Dinner, but I managed to get over it.

Overall, definitely a good tea for a toffee lover but I wouldn’t personally buy it again.

So, I am coming to the end of my David’sTea Advent calendar. Today’s tea is English Toffee. I have found that I find their sweeter and darker teas to be some of the best (or their chocolates/spice ones) I think because some of the natural ingredients help the artificial flavors stand up better. That is the casee with this black tea toffee tea. It has a nice flavor and goes well with the black tea that it id mixed with. I shall try a second steeping later this afternoon and see if it steeps a second time well.

Flavors: Caramel, Toffee

Boiling 3 min, 45 sec 3 tsp 14 OZ / 400 ML

I have been AWOL for a while, but I am drinking tea every day. This year has been ROUGH, and the end of the year more so. My mother-in-law has nearly died several times, is essentially a quadriplegic now with limited use of one hand and arm, but weak. We have a schedule of family members to feed her and I do from five to seven meals a week. Also, a neighbor had manic episodes and started waking everyone in the middle of the night every night screaming and finally set an outbuilding on fire ten feet from our very large outbuilding, both being surrounded with dry straw, and tonight a very nice lady ran a red light and hit our van when my daughter was out Christmas shopping. No one was hurt. But yeh, that’s been our last six months in a nutshell.

So I need tea. I need a lot of tea. So it is a good thing that I have a lot of tea. And tonight’s Davids Tea calendar offering is hitting the spot. We already had several pots of puerh today and were thrilled to see that this has a puerh base. It is sweet and rich and creamy. I like it more than most of the other reviewers. It is a nicely flavored, highly drinkable puerh and resteeped pretty well. However, where I got about ten steps from the Teavivre cake I was drinking this afternoon, I expect only two from this. Second steep is tasty but noticeably paler, so I won’t attempt a third and taint the memory of it. Very nice.

mrmopar

Oh my you have been stressed. I think Blessings are in the future for all the kind work you have been doing.

Kaylee

Ouch. Wishing you and yours a better 2017 – sounds like you need it!

oh man. Sorry to hear about all the trials you’ve been through. Here’s hoping that things settle down and you have some good coming at you for the next while.

gmathis

Consider it pure joy, brethren, when you face trials of many kinds…! (Praying for peace for you: inside, outside, and next door!)

Indigobloom

Wow. That is quite a year. I’m sorry to hear about all of it. Except the tea part xo

Underwhelmed by this one. It’s not as sticky-sweet as I was expecting and gets bitter easily. Not sad this is a sipdown.

Michelle

I didn’t like this one :/

Good, but boring. Just tasted like hot chocolate to me.

2 tsp

Whoops forgot to review this one yesterday. Not too pu’erh-funky, bit of creaminess, overall pretty bland. I think I’d have to try it again with a longer steep to get the chocolately-ness to come out.