Grapefruit Granita

Green Tea
Apple, Artificial Flavouring, Beet Root, Blackberry Leaves, Ginger, Green Tea, Marigold Flowers
Ginger, Grapefruit, Sour, Apple, Bitter, Sweet, Tart, Cream, Pleasantly Sour, Bitter Melon, Citrus Zest
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Perry Papadopoulos

From DAVIDsTEA

Looking for a little sophistication with your summer refreshment? Nothin’ a little granita can’t handle. Inspired by the famous semi-frozen Italian dessert, this blend makes for one classy iced tea. It’s got a delicate base of green tea, plus a burst of juicy grapefruit for a welcome kick of bitter citrus. Fresh, lively and invigorating, this tea might just taste even better than the real thing. Serve it with a splash of club soda at your next patio party and get ready to feel some serious chills…

Ingredients: Ginger, green tea, sweet blackberry leaves, apple, apple pom ace (apple pomace, citric acid), beetroot, grapefruit peel, marigold flowers, artificial grapefruit and cream flavouring.

Price per 50g: $9.98

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This was another tea I won as a part of the 2017 summer collection. I’ve also put off trying this one for months since I’m not a big fan of grapefruit or ginger. I first tried it steeped hot and then iced. Then I cold steeped the rest of it. Steeped hot, the ginger was overwhelming and made me feel ill as I drank it. There was no sweetness in this one either. Cold steeped, the ginger was a little less prominent but the grapefruit was ever more sour. I did not like this one no matter what I did with it. I won’t be buying any more of this.

Flavors: Ginger, Grapefruit, Sour

Iced 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

I’m not sure how I feel about this one. It smells one way, tastes another way in the mouth, and has yet a different aftertaste. There is a definite grapefruit peel flavor to this. I don’t actually taste tea, but I kind of feel it is in there because it kind of mellows that grapefruit bitterness. There’s a sweet flavor to the aftertaste. I love grapefruit, and this one does definitely have that bitterness, but it’s still just off somehow. Again, I’ll finish this off but no need for more of it.

Flavors: Apple, Grapefruit

3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Not bad, but I think my water was too hot. This was fairly dry and the grapefruit taste was sour, though decently accurate.

I like grapefruit, but this is just a wee bit too tangy for me to love. I don’t hate it, and would definitely drink it again, but it takes a bit to get used to the “zing.” Maybe just a tad too much ginger? Almost tastes like the smell of grapefruit peel, for lack of better descriptor.

Flavors: Grapefruit

Boiling 8 min or more 1 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Ginger. Whole lotta ginger and apple. Somehow that reads grapefruit. This is a weird one but not as bad as I expected given all the hate. Check out my full review here: http://sororiteasisters.com/2017/08/23/grapefruit-granita-from-davids-tea/

I didn’t feel strongly about this tea either way. There was something a little off but not enough to make me hate it. The ginger and grapefruit is nice. But… I must have had extra beetroot or something. Meh.

Fjellrev

So annoying when beets ruin a good thing in tea. Ginger and grapefruit? That’s awesome potential right there.

Indigobloom

Right? I don’t actually hate beets in ALL teas, but sometimes it just doesn’t fit in and when it doesn’t… ugh, gross

Fjellrev

Did the beetroot here taste really earthy and off itself or was it sweeter but just didn’t fit in?

BTW, I finally found that deluxe skincare sample I was looking for! Took this long haha. You win by a long shot.

Indigobloom

more like it was sweet and didn’t fit.

LOL hopefully it wasn’t expired by the time you found it!

This one seems quite polarizing – I love grapefruit and ginger, so it’s no surprise to me that I like it because indeed it is heavy on the grapefruit with a big sprig of ginger to boot. I brewed it with hot water (boiled that sat for 2 minutes) for 5 minutes, served over ice. No green tea taste whatsoever if you ask me, just the slightly bitter and tart taste of grapefruit with some spicy sweet ginger. I didn’t add any sweetener but I bet it’d be a nice addition sometime.

This actually reminds me a lot of soda Squirt, which I also used to love. Grapefruit isn’t for everyone, but if it’s for you you’ll like this tea.

Flavors: Bitter, Ginger, Grapefruit, Sweet, Tart

Probably my #3 favourite tea. I like that it’s a green tea, and for people that want green tea benefits without committing to the original taste this is a good, fruity, refreshing way to go!

Am I the only one who’s really into this tea? Today was my first time trying it hot, and it was definitely not what I was expecting. This tea had been sitting in my cupboard untouched since it came out because I was so apprehensive about ginger being the first ingredient, but lo and behold, I can hardly taste the ginger! The ginger taste that I do get is very fresh and sweet, pairing well with the tartness of the grapefruit. I don’t taste any green tea at all, but the tea is somewhat astringent. While I likely won’t be reaching for this one very often, I’m glad that it’s not the overwhelming disappointment I was expecting.

Flavors: Cream, Ginger, Grapefruit

Roswell Strange

Have you tried the new grapefruit tea yet? Personally I prefer the new one to this one, but if you liked this you’ll probably like the new one too! It’s called Grapefruit Squeeze :)

I had this iced and loved it. Heavy on the grapefruit which gives it an overall pleasantly sour taste which I found very refreshing. The grapefruit overpowers everything else which is fine by me because I love grapefruit. I can detect a nice hint of ginger in the mix which gives it a little depth of flavour. I really enjoyed it!

Flavors: Ginger, Grapefruit, Pleasantly Sour