S’mores Chai

Pu-erh Tea
Brittle, Chocolate Chips, Cinnamon, Marshmallow, Pu Erh Tea, Sugar
Rice, Sugar, Sweet, Chocolate, Cinnamon, Earth, Marshmallow, Smoke, Graham Cracker, Dark Chocolate
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Low
Kosher
Edit tea info Last updated by Perry Papadopoulos

• “This tea is just so good! A friend recommended it and I am now 100% addicted! I didn’t realize it was seasonal or I would have bought more of the loose tea when I visited the store. Thankfully,...” Read full tasting note
  • “I really didn’t like this and the other 2 blends (pumpkin & white choolate) in this chai collection. I felt like they were far too sweet, leaving nothing but the sweet taste and oily mouth...” Read full tasting note
  • “I didn’t fall in love with this as much as everyone else seemed to, which surprised me, because I am generally all about s’mores. I originally ordered two of the large boxes of this from...” Read full tasting note
  • “I have to admit that I snuck a few pieces of the marshmallows and brittle before I steeped this tea because they smelled just far too temping. DT’s pu-erh teas have always been a bit hit and miss...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

Gooey toasted marshmallows, graham crackers and rich dark chocolate. You know what that means… S’mores season is officially here, people! Our tempting pu’erh adds an extra dash of cinnamon to the campfire classic, so it’s rich, warming and packed with fudgy goodness. Want to live dangerously? Break out your biggest mug and brew it as a latte. Then top with extra fluffy marshmallows for the ultimate cold-weather indulgence. Don’t worry – there’s s’more where that came from.

Price per 50g: $8.98

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This tea is just so good! A friend recommended it and I am now 100% addicted! I didn’t realize it was seasonal or I would have bought more of the loose tea when I visited the store. Thankfully, the tea sachets are also delicious and a few were still available when my friend visited and thoughtfully bought them out for me! Whew! I’m now on a quest for something that I look forward to as much as this one! It’ll be tough, though. S’mores Chai satisfies all of my cravings at the same time and doesn’t get bitter as it sits, so I can make it & leave it in my stainless steel steeper & sip all day-very nice!

I really didn’t like this and the other 2 blends (pumpkin & white choolate) in this chai collection. I felt like they were far too sweet, leaving nothing but the sweet taste and oily mouth feel. This one had a slight note of toasted rice, but the sugar makes the other flavours barely detectable.

For more on tea: www.TastetheTea.co.uk

Flavors: Rice, Sugar, Sweet

Fjellrev

Ugh, your observations were exactly what I was dreading when I first learned of this collection, so looks like I’m not missing out.

TastetheTea

You’re really not.. I’m genuinely annoyed I spent money on it…

I didn’t fall in love with this as much as everyone else seemed to, which surprised me, because I am generally all about s’mores. I originally ordered two of the large boxes of this from David’sTea, because I was so sure that I would love it, but I wound up giving them both away after several disappointing cups.
I love Pumpkin Chai and White Chocolate Chai both a lot more than S’mores Chai. I find that I have to use double the amount that I normally would to make a decent cup of this, and it’s still on the weaker side of things. It has a subtle chocolate, maybe some creaminess from the marshmallow, and a warm, lightly spicy graham cracker flavor. Mostly a weak chocolate tea with hints of graham cracker.

1904 tasting notes

I have to admit that I snuck a few pieces of the marshmallows and brittle before I steeped this tea because they smelled just far too temping. DT’s pu-erh teas have always been a bit hit and miss for me (loved their Chocolate Orange but hated their Cinnamon Heart) but this one hit the spot. This is about as close as I have ever tasted to s’mores being replicated in a tea. It’s a bit lacking on the chocolate aspect but the sweet brittle matches the marshmallow and graham cracker taste pretty well. The base is perhaps a little bit light and I think they could pick a slightly stronger pu’erh and still be good, particularly if they increased the chocolate flavours. Overall this is probably only second to Pumpkin Chai in my ranking of DT’s chais and spiced blends.

1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

One of those teas that fills the void when you want a chocolate bar, but must refrain because you’ve already eaten +6 today. 50g of this fulfilled a very important role in my cupboard for the last month, and it will be missed.

I highly recommend for chocolate dessert tea lovers, especially those who aren’t tea purists; half the time I forgot it had a puerh base.

Taken with a dash of 1% milk.

Flavors: Chocolate, Cinnamon, Earth, Marshmallow, Smoke, Sweet

Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

This tea is pretty darn good. I’ll be honest, I didn’t think I’d like it due to the brittle pieces and puerh, but steeped at 4 mins, with some sugar, it’s quite delicious. Great as a latte as well. It actually resembles the aspects of a s’more. Though I don’t like actual s’mores, this is my way of enjoying it. Without the unhealthiness, haha! I’m still deciding whether I need more than the 150g I have or not… Hmm.

Flavors: Chocolate, Graham Cracker, Marshmallow

Ah – there it is. I need 4 tsp for 16 oz for enough flavor but I do like it this way!

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 4 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

I have really enjoyed this blend! I am just getting back into tea after dealing with a lot of morning sickness (I’m 20 weeks pregnant). I like that there is low caffeine in this blend so its okay for me to drink a cup or two. Its sweet but not overly so, I added a pinch of agave. I can definitely taste the cinnamon graham cracker flavor and the chocolate is light- its not too chocolatey. The marshmallow is subtle but I can definitely smell and taste all the components working together to create the illusion of s’mores….the one thing I wouldn’t peg this tea as is Chai…but thats completely okay. Its delectable. And I’m picky these days!

Flavors: Chocolate, Graham Cracker, Marshmallow

This is one of the very few flavoured teas from DavidsTea that I like. The chocolate, marshmallow and cinnamon graham cracker flavours are all there. It does (as always) smell better than it tastes.

However, if you look at the tea, it’s at least 60% chocolate chips and marshmallow bits. This is definitely a dessert and not a tea. I’m looking for some “straight” chai to cut it and bring out the spice.

I will get another 50g, but definitely need to mix this because it’s too sweet for my palate.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Dark Chocolate, Marshmallow

Went into David’s and couldn’t resist going home with a couple of their fall chais. It had escaped me that this was a puerh based tea and I was wondering what was giving it a nice earthy taste. Now that I know, I wonder how much of what I’m tasting is the puerh it’s self and what is the additions. The tea has a light sweetness due to the sugary bits put in. I can taste the chocolate which is rounded out well by the puerh. I can pick out a light graham taste and I think I can imagine marshmallows hinted at by the white chocolate bits. When I drink it without thinking, s’mores don’t come to mind unless I focus on it. Either way it is enjoyable, but not something I’m overly taken by. It was a fun frolic in new tea territory. On to new experiences!