S’mores Chai

Pu-erh Tea
Brittle, Chocolate Chips, Cinnamon, Marshmallow, Pu Erh Tea, Sugar
Sweet, Cinnamon, Graham Cracker, Sugar, Chocolate, Graham, Marshmallow, Rice, Earth, Smoke, Dark Chocolate
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Low
Kosher
Edit tea info Last updated by Perry Papadopoulos

• “I don’t normally like teas like this. I prefer greens and herbals. This smelled amazing when I opened the pouch, and it tasted just as good! This is definitely going on my list of go-to...” Read full tasting note
  • “It’s s’mores in a cup. This is quite delicious. I didn’t find this tea to be too sweet or too spicy. I definitely wouldn’t add any extra sugar, but a splash of milk or cream doesn’t do any harm.” Read full tasting note
  • “I had a full tin of this from when the Chai Collection was out that I forgot about. Once I tasted this again, I was in love. It’s so so so good. I wish I had bought more. It has a rich chocolatey...” Read full tasting note
  • “I just got around to trying this and love it. Now I’m wishing I had purchased “s’more”. See what I did there ?!? This reminds me of Stormy Night which is my highest rated tea. The chai flavour...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

Gooey toasted marshmallows, graham crackers and rich dark chocolate. You know what that means… S’mores season is officially here, people! Our tempting pu’erh adds an extra dash of cinnamon to the campfire classic, so it’s rich, warming and packed with fudgy goodness. Want to live dangerously? Break out your biggest mug and brew it as a latte. Then top with extra fluffy marshmallows for the ultimate cold-weather indulgence. Don’t worry – there’s s’more where that came from.

Price per 50g: $8.98

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I don’t normally like teas like this. I prefer greens and herbals. This smelled amazing when I opened the pouch, and it tasted just as good! This is definitely going on my list of go-to summer/autumn teas. I feel like this would be perfect sitting at a campfire, just enjoying life.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Graham Cracker, Sugar

I had a full tin of this from when the Chai Collection was out that I forgot about. Once I tasted this again, I was in love. It’s so so so good. I wish I had bought more. It has a rich chocolatey taste with background notes of graham cracker. I found myself reaching for this one constantly. I hope it comes back because I will be buying more to fill my now empty tin.

Flavors: Chocolate, Graham, Graham Cracker

2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

I just got around to trying this and love it. Now I’m wishing I had purchased “s’more”. See what I did there ?!? This reminds me of Stormy Night which is my highest rated tea. The chai flavour isn’t as bold as it could be and I miss the coconut in Stormy but otherwise this a nicely sweet and chocolaty tea. Graham crackers/baked goods really are prominent in the aroma. I’ve been torturing my work colleagues around my cubicle with it’s tantalizing smell and incurring visits from random people who have been told they must come and smell it.

Flavors: Chocolate, Cinnamon, Graham Cracker, Marshmallow, Sweet

205 °F / 96 °C 5 min, 0 sec 5 g 12 OZ / 355 ML

This tea is just so good! A friend recommended it and I am now 100% addicted! I didn’t realize it was seasonal or I would have bought more of the loose tea when I visited the store. Thankfully, the tea sachets are also delicious and a few were still available when my friend visited and thoughtfully bought them out for me! Whew! I’m now on a quest for something that I look forward to as much as this one! It’ll be tough, though. S’mores Chai satisfies all of my cravings at the same time and doesn’t get bitter as it sits, so I can make it & leave it in my stainless steel steeper & sip all day-very nice!

I really didn’t like this and the other 2 blends (pumpkin & white choolate) in this chai collection. I felt like they were far too sweet, leaving nothing but the sweet taste and oily mouth feel. This one had a slight note of toasted rice, but the sugar makes the other flavours barely detectable.

For more on tea: www.TastetheTea.co.uk

Flavors: Rice, Sugar, Sweet

Fjellrev

Ugh, your observations were exactly what I was dreading when I first learned of this collection, so looks like I’m not missing out.

TastetheTea

You’re really not.. I’m genuinely annoyed I spent money on it…

I didn’t fall in love with this as much as everyone else seemed to, which surprised me, because I am generally all about s’mores. I originally ordered two of the large boxes of this from David’sTea, because I was so sure that I would love it, but I wound up giving them both away after several disappointing cups.
I love Pumpkin Chai and White Chocolate Chai both a lot more than S’mores Chai. I find that I have to use double the amount that I normally would to make a decent cup of this, and it’s still on the weaker side of things. It has a subtle chocolate, maybe some creaminess from the marshmallow, and a warm, lightly spicy graham cracker flavor. Mostly a weak chocolate tea with hints of graham cracker.

1906 tasting notes

I have to admit that I snuck a few pieces of the marshmallows and brittle before I steeped this tea because they smelled just far too temping. DT’s pu-erh teas have always been a bit hit and miss for me (loved their Chocolate Orange but hated their Cinnamon Heart) but this one hit the spot. This is about as close as I have ever tasted to s’mores being replicated in a tea. It’s a bit lacking on the chocolate aspect but the sweet brittle matches the marshmallow and graham cracker taste pretty well. The base is perhaps a little bit light and I think they could pick a slightly stronger pu’erh and still be good, particularly if they increased the chocolate flavours. Overall this is probably only second to Pumpkin Chai in my ranking of DT’s chais and spiced blends.

1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

One of those teas that fills the void when you want a chocolate bar, but must refrain because you’ve already eaten +6 today. 50g of this fulfilled a very important role in my cupboard for the last month, and it will be missed.

I highly recommend for chocolate dessert tea lovers, especially those who aren’t tea purists; half the time I forgot it had a puerh base.

Taken with a dash of 1% milk.

Flavors: Chocolate, Cinnamon, Earth, Marshmallow, Smoke, Sweet

Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

This tea is pretty darn good. I’ll be honest, I didn’t think I’d like it due to the brittle pieces and puerh, but steeped at 4 mins, with some sugar, it’s quite delicious. Great as a latte as well. It actually resembles the aspects of a s’more. Though I don’t like actual s’mores, this is my way of enjoying it. Without the unhealthiness, haha! I’m still deciding whether I need more than the 150g I have or not… Hmm.

Flavors: Chocolate, Graham Cracker, Marshmallow