S’mores Chai

Pu-erh Tea
Brittle, Chocolate Chips, Cinnamon, Marshmallow, Pu Erh Tea, Sugar
Chocolate, Cinnamon, Spices, Graham Cracker, Sweet, Sugar, Graham, Marshmallow, Rice, Earth, Smoke, Dark Chocolate
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Low
Kosher
Edit tea info Last updated by Perry Papadopoulos

• “This smelled pretty good in the store, like a nice blend of spices. The scent when brewed is mildly cinnamon and a little chocolate. There is a spice flavour, but I don’t really get anything...” Read full tasting note
  • “Latte Sipdown (348) I finally drank one of two (I think) pu’erh teas in my cupboard. I bought this because I love s’mores. I haven’t drank this for over a year because I hate pu’erh. I decided to...” Read full tasting note
  • “I actually don’t really like s’mores (?!) but this smelt delectable and I was craving something dessert-y so I grabbed some. DAVIDsTEA had a little card on the counter with instructions on how to...” Read full tasting note
  • “I don’t normally like teas like this. I prefer greens and herbals. This smelled amazing when I opened the pouch, and it tasted just as good! This is definitely going on my list of go-to...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

Gooey toasted marshmallows, graham crackers and rich dark chocolate. You know what that means… S’mores season is officially here, people! Our tempting pu’erh adds an extra dash of cinnamon to the campfire classic, so it’s rich, warming and packed with fudgy goodness. Want to live dangerously? Break out your biggest mug and brew it as a latte. Then top with extra fluffy marshmallows for the ultimate cold-weather indulgence. Don’t worry – there’s s’more where that came from.

Price per 50g: $8.98

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This smelled pretty good in the store, like a nice blend of spices. The scent when brewed is mildly cinnamon and a little chocolate. There is a spice flavour, but I don’t really get anything s’mores. Not bad, but a little disappointing.

Flavors: Chocolate, Cinnamon, Spices

Latte Sipdown (348)

I finally drank one of two (I think) pu’erh teas in my cupboard. I bought this because I love s’mores. I haven’t drank this for over a year because I hate pu’erh. I decided to make it tonight because I did a whole lot of cooking and wanted to treat myself with a latte topped with a whole bunch of whipped cream. Yay for groceries and for breakfast (veggie breakfast sandwiches) and dinner (sweet potato green curry quinoa casserole) already made for the week!

Drinking it now…I don’t hate it. I don’t really like it either. It’s an okay latte that tastes a bit like carmalized sugar by a campfire…so sort of s’mores but not s’mores.

Tabby

Ah! I saw Sips By was sending this one out and I didn’t get it. I guess I’m not so disappointed now.

VariaTEA

Sipsby had a DAVIDsTEA blend?!

Roswell Strange

DAVIDsTEA recently partnered with them, and based on instagram posts it looks like they were pretty favorably distributed to people this month. I think it’s about 25g in each sample? So far it looks like the main ones that are circulating in their boxes are Super Ginger, Just Beet It, and S’mores Chai.

DAVIDsTEA had a little card on the counter with instructions on how to make a latte, so I made mine exactly as described: 1 cup water with 4 PS steeped for 5 minutes + 1 cup of boiled milk (almond milk for me). No sweetener added. Yum! It was really good and I would definitely have again sometime as a treat, but goddamn, 4 PS per cup would tear through my stock in no time. I’ll try just plain next time for sure. I don’t know if I’d say it’s a dead ringer for a s’more, but you definitely get the taste of graham crackers, a hint of chocolate, and a creaminess that captures the essence of a s’more. I like this, sweet enough to scratch that itch, but not a cup full of sugar. I’m definitely considering stocking up a bit of this for when my (slightly) sweet tooth strikes though!

Flavors: Chocolate, Cinnamon, Graham Cracker, Sweet

I don’t normally like teas like this. I prefer greens and herbals. This smelled amazing when I opened the pouch, and it tasted just as good! This is definitely going on my list of go-to summer/autumn teas. I feel like this would be perfect sitting at a campfire, just enjoying life.

It’s s’mores in a cup. This is quite delicious. I didn’t find this tea to be too sweet or too spicy. I definitely wouldn’t add any extra sugar, but a splash of milk or cream doesn’t do any harm.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Graham Cracker, Sugar

I had a full tin of this from when the Chai Collection was out that I forgot about. Once I tasted this again, I was in love. It’s so so so good. I wish I had bought more. It has a rich chocolatey taste with background notes of graham cracker. I found myself reaching for this one constantly. I hope it comes back because I will be buying more to fill my now empty tin.

Flavors: Chocolate, Graham, Graham Cracker

2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

I just got around to trying this and love it. Now I’m wishing I had purchased “s’more”. See what I did there ?!? This reminds me of Stormy Night which is my highest rated tea. The chai flavour isn’t as bold as it could be and I miss the coconut in Stormy but otherwise this a nicely sweet and chocolaty tea. Graham crackers/baked goods really are prominent in the aroma. I’ve been torturing my work colleagues around my cubicle with it’s tantalizing smell and incurring visits from random people who have been told they must come and smell it.

Flavors: Chocolate, Cinnamon, Graham Cracker, Marshmallow, Sweet

205 °F / 96 °C 5 min, 0 sec 5 g 12 OZ / 355 ML

This tea is just so good! A friend recommended it and I am now 100% addicted! I didn’t realize it was seasonal or I would have bought more of the loose tea when I visited the store. Thankfully, the tea sachets are also delicious and a few were still available when my friend visited and thoughtfully bought them out for me! Whew! I’m now on a quest for something that I look forward to as much as this one! It’ll be tough, though. S’mores Chai satisfies all of my cravings at the same time and doesn’t get bitter as it sits, so I can make it & leave it in my stainless steel steeper & sip all day-very nice!

I really didn’t like this and the other 2 blends (pumpkin & white choolate) in this chai collection. I felt like they were far too sweet, leaving nothing but the sweet taste and oily mouth feel. This one had a slight note of toasted rice, but the sugar makes the other flavours barely detectable.

For more on tea: www.TastetheTea.co.uk

Flavors: Rice, Sugar, Sweet

Fjellrev

Ugh, your observations were exactly what I was dreading when I first learned of this collection, so looks like I’m not missing out.

TastetheTea

You’re really not.. I’m genuinely annoyed I spent money on it…

I didn’t fall in love with this as much as everyone else seemed to, which surprised me, because I am generally all about s’mores. I originally ordered two of the large boxes of this from David’sTea, because I was so sure that I would love it, but I wound up giving them both away after several disappointing cups.
I love Pumpkin Chai and White Chocolate Chai both a lot more than S’mores Chai. I find that I have to use double the amount that I normally would to make a decent cup of this, and it’s still on the weaker side of things. It has a subtle chocolate, maybe some creaminess from the marshmallow, and a warm, lightly spicy graham cracker flavor. Mostly a weak chocolate tea with hints of graham cracker.