Lemon Cayenne Cleanse

White Tea
Apple, Carrot, Chili Pepper, Lemon Peel, Lime, Natural Lemon Flavor, Rose Hip Peels, Sunflower Blossoms, White Tea
Lemon Zest, Lemon, Pepper, Spices
Bulk, Loose Leaf, Sachet
Low
Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by Perry Papadopoulos

From DAVIDsTEA

With tart lemon and a hint of cayenne pepper, this detoxifying white tea blend is the master of all cleansing teas. It’s got a bright citrusy kick that’ll leave you feeling fresh, revitalized and ready to seize the day. Plus a subtle warmth and spiciness to get your senses tingling. We love to sip it first thing in the morning – especially after a wild night of overindulging.

ingredients
Apple (apple, citric acid), white tea, lime pieces and peel, carrot, rose hip peel, lemon peel, chili peppers, sunflower blossoms, natural lemon flavouring.

Price per 50g: $12.98

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Excellent tea! I’ve been a tried and true black tea drinker, Early Grey and English or Scottish Breakfast my daily diet. I was introduced to this recently at a Wellness Fair event . Brewed hot it is pleasant to the palate, lemon tart but with a subtle touch of heat. I have made it as a cool drink/iced tea, as well, and it has effectively replaced water and other beverages. It’s refreshing, not at all bland. If you enjoy a more robust flavour, a burst of lemon/tartness then you will like this tea. And bonus that it is detoxifying.

Flavors: Lemon Zest

Iced 5 min, 30 sec

At first taste, it is very lemony, so much that it comes across as perhaps a bit too overpowering. The after kick of the chili peppers is, though, very subtle so there’s an element of heat (other than the hot water, obviously) that I don’t find all that bad.

I’m actually on the fence about this one. It might be a case of it being better as a cold tea (which I don’t drink). It’s not super bad but, at the same time, it’s not one I would rush to make a second cup in the same day, or same week to be honest.

It might be good when one has a cold as a sort of non-medicated alternative? Perhaps as a tea to drink after a night of heavy drinking to, you know, make one feel even worst and promote sobriety?

All kidding aside, it’s, at least so far, a so-so tea. I woudn’t recommend it simply because it is truly not for everyone’s taste. Also, I sort of want to keep the few friends I have.

Flavors: Lemon, Pepper

It tastes a bit better than lemon furniture polish.

Indigobloom

LOL more for you :P

apieceofquiche

LOL well that sounds awfully promising

Kim

LOL!!!!

Wow, this is very lemony! I used one of my free teas on a cup of this iced today with some agave. It’s pretty good. As it is really lemon flavoured and could be a great lemonade (if it was made sweeter) It also had a little bit of a kick to it towards the end of my cup, from the chili peppers in the blend. Not too much though, which is good for me since I don’t really like spicy things at all. I really like this tea iced, though, I’ll have to try it hot next.

Flavors: Lemon, Spices

Iced 4 min, 0 sec

I tried this as a sample in store. It tastes just the way I imagine lemon furniture polish would. Bleh.

Indigobloom

yup yup. Glad it was only a sample :P

Hot cuppa midshift at work yesterday.

I was craving something really bold and lemon flavoured, and of all the (many) options on the teawall this is the flavour that jumped out to me the most as a good lemon tea option. Definitely got a little bit of the cayenne spice/heat in this cup; I felt it more in my lips as I sipped than anywhere else though. Most importantly, it was a strong natural lemon flavour – bright and reminiscent of lemon peel/zest. Some apple notes too. So, basically like a hot lemon apple cider!? Kind of.

This is one tasty cup of tea-I taste mostly lemon with a hint of spice (but it’s not hot at all). I tried it as a free cup of tea of the day and loved it so I had to use a reward to redeem 50g. The new teas are a bit pricey so getting them for free is awesome.