Lemon Cayenne Cleanse

White Tea
Apple, Carrot, Chili Pepper, Lemon Peel, Lime, Natural Lemon Flavor, Rose Hip Peels, Sunflower Blossoms, White Tea
Lemon, Pepper, Spices
Bulk, Loose Leaf, Sachet
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Perry Papadopoulos

From DAVIDsTEA

With tart lemon and a hint of cayenne pepper, this detoxifying white tea blend is the master of all cleansing teas. It’s got a bright citrusy kick that’ll leave you feeling fresh, revitalized and ready to seize the day. Plus a subtle warmth and spiciness to get your senses tingling. We love to sip it first thing in the morning – especially after a wild night of overindulging.

ingredients
Apple (apple, citric acid), white tea, lime pieces and peel, carrot, rose hip peel, lemon peel, chili peppers, sunflower blossoms, natural lemon flavouring.

Price per 50g: $12.98

About DAVIDsTEA View company

At first taste, it is very lemony, so much that it comes across as perhaps a bit too overpowering. The after kick of the chili peppers is, though, very subtle so there’s an element of heat (other than the hot water, obviously) that I don’t find all that bad.

I’m actually on the fence about this one. It might be a case of it being better as a cold tea (which I don’t drink). It’s not super bad but, at the same time, it’s not one I would rush to make a second cup in the same day, or same week to be honest.

It might be good when one has a cold as a sort of non-medicated alternative? Perhaps as a tea to drink after a night of heavy drinking to, you know, make one feel even worst and promote sobriety?

All kidding aside, it’s, at least so far, a so-so tea. I woudn’t recommend it simply because it is truly not for everyone’s taste. Also, I sort of want to keep the few friends I have.

Flavors: Lemon, Pepper

It tastes a bit better than lemon furniture polish.

Indigobloom

LOL more for you :P

apieceofquiche

LOL well that sounds awfully promising

Kim

LOL!!!!

Wow, this is very lemony! I used one of my free teas on a cup of this iced today with some agave. It’s pretty good. As it is really lemon flavoured and could be a great lemonade (if it was made sweeter) It also had a little bit of a kick to it towards the end of my cup, from the chili peppers in the blend. Not too much though, which is good for me since I don’t really like spicy things at all. I really like this tea iced, though, I’ll have to try it hot next.

Flavors: Lemon, Spices

Iced 4 min, 0 sec

I tried this as a sample in store. It tastes just the way I imagine lemon furniture polish would. Bleh.

Indigobloom

yup yup. Glad it was only a sample :P

Another hot lemon tea, with honey, to drink as a sick tea.

I’m actually very thankful right now that I have so many lemon options in my stash because it’s become very tedious in the past drinking the same sick tea over and over. This is at least a little less boring. Plus, this one is a strong lemon flavour, and the cayenne probably doesn’t hurt with the overall cold thing either.

It’s weird, because I don’t like having the same tea over and over but when I’m sick I hyper fixate on other things. Usually I’ll find a TV show and binge multiple seasons of it in the span of a few days, only stopping to sleep. This time around, however, I seem to be stuck on this really cheesy teen rom-com move. I mean, it’s not a well made movie; but it’s satisfying in the sort of “mindless feel good eye candy” sort of way. So in the last two days, I’ve watched this fucking movie FOUR times. I need to move onto something else…

This is one tasty cup of tea-I taste mostly lemon with a hint of spice (but it’s not hot at all). I tried it as a free cup of tea of the day and loved it so I had to use a reward to redeem 50g. The new teas are a bit pricey so getting them for free is awesome.