Lemon Cayenne Cleanse

White Tea
Apple, Carrot, Chili Pepper, Lemon Peel, Lime, Natural Lemon Flavor, Rose Hip Peels, Sunflower Blossoms, White Tea
Lemon, Pepper, Spices
Bulk, Loose Leaf, Sachet
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Perry Papadopoulos

From DAVIDsTEA

With tart lemon and a hint of cayenne pepper, this detoxifying white tea blend is the master of all cleansing teas. It’s got a bright citrusy kick that’ll leave you feeling fresh, revitalized and ready to seize the day. Plus a subtle warmth and spiciness to get your senses tingling. We love to sip it first thing in the morning – especially after a wild night of overindulging.

ingredients
Apple (apple, citric acid), white tea, lime pieces and peel, carrot, rose hip peel, lemon peel, chili peppers, sunflower blossoms, natural lemon flavouring.

Price per 50g: $12.98

About DAVIDsTEA View company

At first taste, it is very lemony, so much that it comes across as perhaps a bit too overpowering. The after kick of the chili peppers is, though, very subtle so there’s an element of heat (other than the hot water, obviously) that I don’t find all that bad.

I’m actually on the fence about this one. It might be a case of it being better as a cold tea (which I don’t drink). It’s not super bad but, at the same time, it’s not one I would rush to make a second cup in the same day, or same week to be honest.

It might be good when one has a cold as a sort of non-medicated alternative? Perhaps as a tea to drink after a night of heavy drinking to, you know, make one feel even worst and promote sobriety?

All kidding aside, it’s, at least so far, a so-so tea. I woudn’t recommend it simply because it is truly not for everyone’s taste. Also, I sort of want to keep the few friends I have.

Flavors: Lemon, Pepper

It tastes a bit better than lemon furniture polish.

Indigobloom

LOL more for you :P

apieceofquiche

LOL well that sounds awfully promising

Kim

LOL!!!!

Wow, this is very lemony! I used one of my free teas on a cup of this iced today with some agave. It’s pretty good. As it is really lemon flavoured and could be a great lemonade (if it was made sweeter) It also had a little bit of a kick to it towards the end of my cup, from the chili peppers in the blend. Not too much though, which is good for me since I don’t really like spicy things at all. I really like this tea iced, though, I’ll have to try it hot next.

Flavors: Lemon, Spices

Iced 4 min, 0 sec

I tried this as a sample in store. It tastes just the way I imagine lemon furniture polish would. Bleh.

Indigobloom

yup yup. Glad it was only a sample :P

Last new one!

I was kind of scared of this one when it was announced to staff; I’ve had some pretty unpleasant tea experiences with blends that had hot pepper in them. 52Tea’s Napalm Ferret springs to mind as well as Chocolate Kisses Chili from RiverTea. I also don’t love the use of the word ‘Cleanse’ in the name of the tea – it’s right up there with teas that use the name “Detox” or “Teatox” for me, but that’s a whole ‘nother thing that I don’t want to get into. If you’ve been reading my reviews for a while you’ve heard me express distaste at that usage and know my thoughts…

As far as the cayenne in this tea goes? Not an issue for me! I have the most delicate taste buds when it comes to spice – I am a complete and total wuss. So take it from me that this barely has any spice to it at all. Just a little bit of a tickle in the finish, the same way I experience with ginger or peppercorn heavy blends. I don’t think anyone is gonna be burning their tongues off with this one. Which for me, at least, is a good thing.

And the rest of it is pretty lovely! It’s really intensely lemon flavoured but in a way that feels both natural/realistic and also sweet. Like, I get hints of pith/peel from the flavour but also fresh squeezed lemon juice. In fact, I think this would make a REALLY SOLID lemonade like flavour if you iced it. Apart from that very rich lemon note, there are undertones of both lime and apple as well but they’re very much not the focus flavour here. Just something that adds a bit more depth to keep this from feeling more one dimensional/flat.

I’m really into this one, guys – I didn’t expect it to be the kind of tea that I would eagerly/enthusiastically be recommending to people for taste over wellness benefits. I mean, I’m still going to end up talking about it from a wellness perspective a lot – that’s unavoidable with the name, but at least I can lead with the fact I genuinely loved the taste.

This is one tasty cup of tea-I taste mostly lemon with a hint of spice (but it’s not hot at all). I tried it as a free cup of tea of the day and loved it so I had to use a reward to redeem 50g. The new teas are a bit pricey so getting them for free is awesome.