Hazelnut Chocolate

Food Fruit Pu-erh Blend
Dark Chocolate, Hazelnut, Burnt Sugar, Chicory, Chocolate, Coffee, Nuts, Artificial, Creamy, Stevia, Sugar, Sweet, Metallic, Nutty, Savory, Toasty
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Medium
Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

• “A friend dropped this off as a holiday gift in December. I absolutely love it! Earlier this year I mentioned wanted to expand my horizons and trying more pu’erh teas. Chocolate tea has not been a...” Read full tasting note
  • “1/18/22 I loved this tea! A chocolate tea? Yes! This was much more of a hazelnut heavy flavor profile, and I added sugar, so this turned out well, much better than anticipated. Glad I chose this...” Read full tasting note
  • “DAVIDsTEA Advent Calendar 2021 – Day 21 So I don’t expect to like this one, given the chocolate element. It does smell pleasant in the tin. I didn’t realize this has stevia in it, and it’s just too...” Read full tasting note
  • “This is a fairly good-tasting puerh with strong notes of hazelnut. The hazelnut overwhelms the chocolate; the chocolate is somewhat weak. The Stevia in this tea isn’t as strong as other...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

How it tastes
Rich & creamy melted chocolate with hazelnut complimented by an earthy pu’erh base.

Drum roll…. To say we’re excited about this new tea would be an understatement. A labour of love spanning over six years, Hazelnut Chocolate is the result of unflappable resolve to nail down this flavour. Think rich fudgy cacao meets toasted hazelnut warmth in a smooth & decadent pu’erh – and it tastes even more amazing as a latte.

What makes it great
• This hazelnut chocolate-y tea is the culmination of 6 years of trial & error.
• Pro tip : try it as a tea latte to bring out the chocolate flavour!
• The hazelnut spread we all know & love was inspired by Gianduja, a sweet chocolate hazelnut candy originally from Italy.

Pu’erh tea, Apple, Cocoa peel, Artificial chocolate hazelnut flavouring, Chocolate (sugar, cocoa mass, low fat cocoa powder, cocoa butter, sunflower lecithin), Brittle pieces (sugar, hazelnut), Cocoa pieces, Hazelnut, Stevia extract.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

A friend dropped this off as a holiday gift in December. I absolutely love it! Earlier this year I mentioned wanted to expand my horizons and trying more pu’erh teas. Chocolate tea has not been a good experience for me but this one I could happily drink all winter.
It definitely leads with the hazelnut, which I enjoy. Like a cozy blanket on a snowy day, and probably healthier for me than the jar of Nutella I snacked on last night while watching the Olympics

Flavors: Dark Chocolate, Hazelnut

AJRimmer

Ha I’ve been watching sooo much Olympics! What’s your favorite event to watch?

gmathis

Skeleton! And there hasn’t been nearly enough of it to suit me.

Jen vB

Figure Skating (used to do this as a kid). But I love all the events!

AJRimmer

I agree! I especially like the ice dancing and hockey, but I’ll miss getting to see all the random sports when it’s over!

gmathis

My timing was bad this year—every time I had a few minutes to sit down and watch, all I got was commentary. :P

Jen vB

Ohhhh that’s no fun! I wish they aired some of these sports all the time. A few years back the National Curling Championship was local to me and we went to it. It was such a fun event!

1/18/22
I loved this tea! A chocolate tea? Yes! This was much more of a hazelnut heavy flavor profile, and I added sugar, so this turned out well, much better than anticipated. Glad I chose this tea today. (The smell of the tea was not my favorite, like burned coffee grounds, but the liquid didn’t taste like it at all.)

Flavors: Burnt Sugar, Chicory, Chocolate, Coffee, Hazelnut, Nuts

DAVIDsTEA Advent Calendar 2021 – Day 21

I didn’t realize this has stevia in it, and it’s just too sweet for me. The chocolate isn’t great either, it tastes quite artificial, and the hazelnut reminds me of coffee creamer.

As I’m not feeling great, I won’t be finishing the mug. :(

Flavors: Artificial, Chocolate, Creamy, Hazelnut, Stevia, Sugar, Sweet

This is a fairly good-tasting puerh with strong notes of hazelnut. The hazelnut overwhelms the chocolate; the chocolate is somewhat weak. The Stevia in this tea isn’t as strong as other DavidsTeas but still there, and it gives the tea an unpleasant after taste. It’s ok but not something I would recommend.

Flavors: Chocolate, Hazelnut, Metallic

(DavidsTea 98)

Thanks to Roswell Strange for sending me some of this tea to sample way long ago! I like it and its Nutella vibes, and would like to try it as a latte if I ever remember to, but it’s good straight up as well. And not too sweet, unlike some teas.

I’m yawning as I write this; I really don’t remember much about drinking this earlier today, I should probably write a better note in the future.

It’s like a warm, chocolate nutty hug. I was originally iffy on this one as when it comes to hazelnut chocolate most of them are too sweet. It’s one of the few more savory teas i enjoy

Flavors: Chocolate, Nutty, Savory, Toasty

195 °F / 90 °C 8 min or more 3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

A coworker made a pot of this tea today and asked if I wanted a cup. Truthfully I wasn’t really in the mood for a chocolate tea, but I was in the mood for a nutty tea so I took one any. Splitting the difference of those two moods, it was a fine cup. The hazelnut flavour is just so, so good.