Power Berry Açaí

Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by Roswell Strange

1 Tasting Note View all

From DAVIDsTEA

Give the energizer bunny a break, you can take over from here. This power blend has unlocked the triple threat of energy boosting ingredients: acai berries, black tea and ginseng. A mix of sweet and tart that will have you powered up in no time.

What makes it great

This blend gives you a natural caffeine boost while stimulating your senses.

Acai berries are loved for their antioxidant properties.

Featuring ginseng – a popular ingredient in
traditional medicine, is commonly used to help beat doldrums of fatigue, boost memory and strengthen your system.

Apple (apple, citric acid), Hibiscus blossom, Natural acai flavouring, Beetroot, Black tea, Candied papaya (papaya, sugar), Black tea extract, Acai (acai, apple, apple puree concentrate, rice flour, citric acid), Ginseng root, Stevia extract.

How it tastes
Invigorating, sweet and tart flavours taste as good as you’ll feel.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

1 Tasting Note

P is for… Power Berry Acai!

This is a new tea – I love that it timed out well with my “P tea” day selections, as well.

I always get really excited when we put out new fruity black teas because that’s probably one of the “categories” of tea that I drink the most of, and this is a really punchy and flavourful one! We designed it with the idea of it having the same level of juicy intensity as a lot of our herbal tea blends, like Frozen Raspberry or Just Peachy, but while still being caffeinated because a lot of people (myself included) love those juicy and super fruit forward flavours but don’t want to sacrifice on the caffeine…

Personally, I find acai a bit of a harder flavour to describe but I do think this captures it pretty well – it’s a jammier berry note and in this tea in particular I find it leans a bit into more of that “general purple berry” or “wild berry” kind of territory – sort of like a raspberry/blueberry/blackberry mash up with dark (and a bit earthy) sweetness and a tang to it. It’s paired with hibiscus so that gives it a bit of brightness too, while leaning into those juicy berry elements. It’s a “forest fruit” – if that makes seense? Fans of the now long since retired blend Superberry, which was an Acai blend, would probably like this since it’s got some of those same flavours but dialed up to an eleven. It’s probably, of the teas currently in our assortment, most like Blueberry Jam – but more intensely flavourful.

Aside from that very rich berry profile, there’s also ginseng in the blend but I personally don’t find it does much here other than add a natural, woody kind of sweetness that leans more into those forest berry/earthier notes (as does the beetroot in the blend) that just makes those flavours pop even more. It also steeps a GORGEOUS deep red/purple colour as well.

While I’ve not had this blend iced yet, I have enjoyed it cold brewed and hot and I have to say that I think I enjoy both preparation methods equally.

tea-sipper

This “black tea extract” is intriguing…