DeDe Instant Thai Tea with Cream/Sugar

Cream Flavoring, Sugar
Cream, Creamy, Sweet, Thick, Vanilla, Butter, Sugar
Edit tea info Last updated by Mastress Alita

3 Images

• “A review of Instant Thai Tea (with cream and sugar) by NR Instant Produce Co, LTD Company: NR Instant Produce Co, LTD Tea Name: Instant Thai Tea (with cream and sugar) Tea Type/Varietal: powdered...” Read full tasting note
  • “This is one of those things I’d never consider buying especially since I live in an area with, no joke, 18-20 Thai restaurants in a 5 block radius. This is Thai food and tea heaven. But here I...” Read full tasting note
  • “Throwback Thursday! This is hardly a “throwback,” because I’m still frequently enjoying these in the shadows, secretly and guiltily, mixing up my instant Thai tea while no one knows the wiser. I...” Read full tasting note
  • “My coworker gave me a pouch of this to try! I love Thai tea. I know it’s terrible for you and full of orange food coloring. But I order it pretty much any time the opportunity arises. First of all,...” Read full tasting note

From DeDe

Made by premium Por Kwan company in Thailand, and now packed in DeDe brand. This is a quick substitute if you do not have time to make original Thai Ice Tea.

The delicious formula can be enjoyed hot or iced. Put one pack into a cup and add 10 oz hot water, stir and enjoy hot or pour over ice. The final product is a nice amber/orangish color just like the original. A mix of Thai tea powder, sugar, and non-dairy creamer.

Ingredients: sugar, non dairy creamer (glucose syrup, palm kernal oil, sodium caseinate (from milk)), instant Thai tea powder 2.5%, artificial color: FD&C yellow#6. [CONTAINS MILK]

Directions: Put 1 packet of instant Thai Tea with cream/sugar in cup, add 200 ml of hot water, and mix thoroughly. Drink it hot or cold.

About DeDe View company

Company: NR Instant Produce Co, LTD
Tea Name: Instant Thai Tea (with cream and sugar)
Tea Type/Varietal: powdered Thai tea
Region: Thailand
Steeping Vessel/Amt Leaf: cup/ 1 tea bag of Thai tea
Liquor Color: Orange cream

Steeping:

1st Steeping:
Water Temp: 200 Fahrenheit
Time: 1 minute

I had refrained from having this for weeks now it seems. When I first received it, I was fixing it as my daily drink for breakfast or as my mid-day drink, and then I stopped having it and went back to having green teas or such. This morning, however, I reached for one of the Thai Tea pouch and tore open the bag, emptying the contents in my cup and adding the boiled water to my cup while stirring it briskly at first then a bit sturdier and faster until the content dissolved. Teas’ aroma is that of cream sickles or orange cream and when sipping of the tea, it is smooth and sweet.

This tea is really a wonderful breakfast or anytime of day fixture to help get you through the day.

Overall tasting notes: The tea is wonderfully rich and smooth; like a fruity shake without all of the fuss since all that is needed is the tea packet’s content and some freshly boiled (or cold) water depending on preference. I enjoy this tea very hot since the smell of the creamy and milky froth adds delight to my morning.

Classification: Year, and region of production; Product of Thailand

Cup’s characteristic: rich and creamy cup of Thai Tea favoring that of orange flavored ice-cream but warm.

Liquor color: orange cream

Taste: rich and smooth with an overall creamy texture

This is one of those things I’d never consider buying especially since I live in an area with, no joke, 18-20 Thai restaurants in a 5 block radius. This is Thai food and tea heaven. But here I sit in my cold apartment, plugging away at all the work due before finals start, and I can’t be assed to leave to get food or drink until I have to leave for class later this evening. This is one of those times when ‘instant’ anything is appreciated, so I pull out this gift from Mastress Alita. Thank you :)

Upon opening the bag and pouring the contents into the mug, I’m hit with a cloud of cotton candy and vanilla-scented powdery whisps floating through the air. I waft the airborne particles closer and a sudden feeling of comfort arises within me. I pour 200mL of boiling water into the mug and stir, seconds later beholding a magic potion of that unmistakable creamy Thai tea color. It smells so good, like being at the fair — cotton candy, powdered sugar, marshmallows, vanilla cream — and it tastes just the same with only a hint of Thai tea base. So smooth and creamy, sweet and comforting and consumed very quickly. I now have the resolve to continue with my studies.

I love when things like this surprise me.

Boiling 35 g 7 OZ / 200 ML
Mastress Alita

I like these in winter because I think they taste like a “vanilla” version of hot chocolate more than Thai tea, hahaha. All that vanilla, creamed milk, and sugar, and ya, the tea flavor is pretty lost. It’s a guilty pleasure sort of thing.

derk

Definitely a guilty pleasure. Where did you buy this anyway? I want to get some shipped to my new place, which won’t be amid a Thai wonderland.

Mastress Alita

I bought mine from this online shop… which, oddly enough, is only two hours away from where I live, hahaha. (They are out of Boise, I’m noticing!)

Ya, I don’t have any “foreign food” shops in my little Idaho town. There is a Thai restaurant here (my Thanksgiving dinner every year is me getting take-out there the Wednesday following and eating the leftovers for the following four days!) but I don’t go there often. I usually get Thai when I’m on vacation, and then I always get my Thai tea iced. I prefer this little insta-packets warm, though!

Excellent, thank you.

Throwback Thursday! This is hardly a “throwback,” because I’m still frequently enjoying these in the shadows, secretly and guiltily, mixing up my instant Thai tea while no one knows the wiser. I actually brought packets of this stuff on my last vacation (to the San Francisco Tea Festival) because I knew it would be so easy to pack and make while traveling; I enjoyed one cup at Todd’s house, and then when I emptied some of the packed teabags that I knew I wasn’t going to need into a bag to give Derk at the festival I was like, “Should I really give her this? Instant tea is considered lower than bagged tea!” And I did it anyway. I mean, to be fair, most instant teas usually aren’t too great. I’ve had some instant chais that were pretty decent, and some that were pretty awful. But this stuff really is quite good. Sweet, creamy, milky… I’ve been going through quite a lot watching through the second season of Drag Race Thailand, as well!

I usually make it warm since the powder has to dissolve, but when I order Thai tea in a restaurant, I always get it iced, or as a bubble tea. I really wanted more of that experience, so I decided for this throwback to try to see if I could recreate that! Once I had tried icing it right away by adding ice and it was a truly disastrous cup, so I just decided to always make this stuff warm. So this time I decided I’d just prepare in advance.

I used four packets of the mix to prepare a quart (4 cups). Usually when I make iced tea, because I want to help balance out the water temperature more evenly, I’ll boil two cups hot water and mix with two cups cold water, but since I didn’t know how that would work dissolving the powder, I went ahead and boiled four cups of water. I added the water slowly, stirring the mixture, making sure it evenly dissolved in my glass mason jar. Then, with the jar left open, I left it on the counter for several hours, trying to allow it to cool closer to room temperature (so it wouldn’t “vacuum seal” too badly… this is why I usually do a hot/cold water mixture when I’m making iced tea). Once it felt fairly cooled off, I sealed it off and put it in the fridge to chill overnight. Thankfully it wasn’t too hard to pop open the next morning, and it was great! Really did remind me of Thai tea flavored bubble tea, minus the boba (and made me wish I had some boba to add!) Since the powder already has the milk/sugar in the powder, nothing has to be added to get that milky/creamy and sweet flavor. Has a very vanilla/cream-forward flavor. I was surprised it turned out so well like this! Next time I may see if the powder dissolves fine if I use half the amount of hot water so I can use my typical hot/cold water mix for preparing iced tea, because now that I know this works, I’m imagining I may be making it this way instead of hot a lot more often. Also, I may just have to order some boba to add, heh.

Flavors: Cream, Creamy, Sweet, Thick, Vanilla

Iced 4 tsp 32 OZ / 946 ML
Kittenna

I’m a bit of a sucker for instant teas too, probably mostly because they’re sweetened and yummy. Had to try hard to resist a sale at the local asian grocery earlier this week!

Mastress Alita

Yes, they kinda hit that same beverage appeal as hot cocoa because of the sweetness!

derk

Are you kidding me, Mastress Alita? I want all the DeDe now thanks to you!
Also want to try dissolving it with some hot CTC.

Mastress Alita

Oh, I can see that working, it would be like adding sugar/cream to what would otherwise perhaps be a too strong/bitter/astringent or bland CTC. I bet that would be good!

Ya, I couldn’t resist and had another pot (warm this time) of this stuff tonight while catching up on the newest fansub of Drag Race Thailand. I really will have to make another iced batch soon, though.

First of all, this smells wonderful! I emptied the light orange powder into a mug and the whole kitchen filled up with a creamy, vanilla frosting scent. Once dissolved, the finished cup is bright orange. It’s very, very heavy on the vanilla flavor. It’s not exactly like what you’d get in a restaurant, but it makes a tasty dessert. It tastes like vanilla pudding that has marshmallows melted into it. Is there any tea in this at all?

Also, this is crazy-sweet. It’s basically like a liquid cupcake. I have no idea how this passes as Thai tea, but it’s yummy?

Flavors: Butter, Cream, Creamy, Sugar, Sweet, Vanilla

ScottTeaMan

Much like my experience with my Instant Thai Tea! I was asking myself: Where’s the tea?!