DeDe Instant Thai Tea with Cream /Sugar

Cream Flavoring, Sugar
Cream, Creamy, Sweet, Thick, Vanilla, Butter, Sugar
Edit tea info Last updated by Tabby

3 Images

• “A review of Instant Thai Tea (with cream and sugar) by NR Instant Produce Co, LTD Company: NR Instant Produce Co, LTD Tea Name: Instant Thai Tea (with cream and sugar) Tea Type/Varietal: powdered...” Read full tasting note
  • “These instant Thai tea packets are such a guilty pleasure. I know, I know… (Instant tea? That’s like, a step lower than bagged tea! Burn the witch!) Hey, even I was skeptical! I am a huge fan of...” Read full tasting note
  • “My coworker gave me a pouch of this to try! I love Thai tea. I know it’s terrible for you and full of orange food coloring. But I order it pretty much any time the opportunity arises. First of all,...” Read full tasting note

From DeDe

NR Instant ProduceCO. LTD

DeDe Instant Thai Tea with Cream /Sugar
Ingredients: sugar, non dairy creamer, and glucose syrup; palm kernel oil, sodium caseinate (from milk), instant Thai Powder 2.5%, Artificial color: FD&C Yellow#6 Contains Milk.

Directions: put 1 packet of instant Thai Tea with cream/sugar in cup, add 2ml of hot water, and mix thoroughly. Drink it hot or cold.

About DeDe View company

Company: NR Instant Produce Co, LTD
Tea Name: Instant Thai Tea (with cream and sugar)
Tea Type/Varietal: powdered Thai tea
Region: Thailand
Steeping Vessel/Amt Leaf: cup/ 1 tea bag of Thai tea
Liquor Color: Orange cream

Steeping:

1st Steeping:
Water Temp: 200 Fahrenheit
Time: 1 minute

I had refrained from having this for weeks now it seems. When I first received it, I was fixing it as my daily drink for breakfast or as my mid-day drink, and then I stopped having it and went back to having green teas or such. This morning, however, I reached for one of the Thai Tea pouch and tore open the bag, emptying the contents in my cup and adding the boiled water to my cup while stirring it briskly at first then a bit sturdier and faster until the content dissolved. Teas’ aroma is that of cream sickles or orange cream and when sipping of the tea, it is smooth and sweet.

This tea is really a wonderful breakfast or anytime of day fixture to help get you through the day.

Overall tasting notes: The tea is wonderfully rich and smooth; like a fruity shake without all of the fuss since all that is needed is the tea packet’s content and some freshly boiled (or cold) water depending on preference. I enjoy this tea very hot since the smell of the creamy and milky froth adds delight to my morning.

Classification: Year, and region of production; Product of Thailand

Cup’s characteristic: rich and creamy cup of Thai Tea favoring that of orange flavored ice-cream but warm.

Liquor color: orange cream

Taste: rich and smooth with an overall creamy texture

These instant Thai tea packets are such a guilty pleasure. I know, I know… (Instant tea? That’s like, a step lower than bagged tea! Burn the witch!) Hey, even I was skeptical! I am a huge fan of iced Thai tea when I go to Thai restaurants, and an online friend who enjoys these gave me one last year to review on my blog. I was certain it would be pretty subpar, but despite being essentially like an instant cocoa packet of “just add hot water and stir” to get a drink that tastes like Thai tea… I really liked it! I had never even tried the drink warm before, and found it so rich, sweet, and creamy!

When this winter rolled around, I kept thinking back to this stuff. I actually missed it. I live in an area that doesn’t have much cultural diversity, so something like this is hard to come by locally. So I finally broke down and ordered some of these packets online. Now I’m sitting down with my first cuppa of this instant Thai tea since last April. It is a really relaxing thick, warm, creamy drink, and I’m really enjoying this before bed. It really reminds me of a vanilla cocoa; it has such a sweet, creamy vanilla flavor, with a hot cocoa mouthfeel.

Does it hold up to actual Thai tea? Of course not (I still plan to try to get some Thai tea leaf and learn to prepare that with some fresh condensed milk on top at some point!). It doesn’t really taste of the actual tea in Thai tea, but rather has taken the flavorings, sweeteners, and condensed milk elements from the drink to make a delectable hot indulgent cocoa-like dessert drink that would appeal to sweet-tooths (and I unabashedly fit in that category). I find it entirely enjoyable for what it is, and will likely keep guiltily enjoying these packets for some time to come!

Full review: https://teatimetuesdayreviews.wordpress.com/2017/04/25/tea17/

Flavors: Cream, Creamy, Sweet, Thick, Vanilla

Boiling 0 min, 15 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

First of all, this smells wonderful! I emptied the light orange powder into a mug and the whole kitchen filled up with a creamy, vanilla frosting scent. Once dissolved, the finished cup is bright orange. It’s very, very heavy on the vanilla flavor. It’s not exactly like what you’d get in a restaurant, but it makes a tasty dessert. It tastes like vanilla pudding that has marshmallows melted into it. Is there any tea in this at all?

Also, this is crazy-sweet. It’s basically like a liquid cupcake. I have no idea how this passes as Thai tea, but it’s yummy?

Flavors: Butter, Cream, Creamy, Sugar, Sweet, Vanilla

ScottTeaMan

Much like my experience with my Instant Thai Tea! I was asking myself: Where’s the tea?!