Boba Milk Tea

Black Fruit Blend
Medium
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

From Dessert by Deb

Calling all bubble tea fanatics! How about having a taste of a classic Asian favourite in your own cuppa?! No tea drink has taken the world by storm in the last handful of decades quite the same way as the lovable bubble milk tea. There are so many ways for us tea lovers to take tea and enjoying a delicious creamy milk tea is just one of them! This malty Assam based black tea laced with vanilla, brown sugar, and raisin “boba pearls” is a Dessert by Deb twist on the fun and delicious favourite.

Certified organic ingredients: Assam Black Tea, Vanilla, Raisins, Brown Sugar

Handcrafted in Toronto, Canada.

Steeping instructions: 2 tea spoons at 212F for 4-6 mins steep and prepare with milk!

About Dessert by Deb View company

Dessert by Deb is an organic tea company and lifestyle brand based in Toronto, Canada. At Dessert by Deb, it's tea time all the time because tea isn't just a drink - it's a way of life. From stationery and paper products, to kitchen accessories, to sweet and delicious organic dessert teas inspired by afternoon tea, patisseries, and baked goods, there are plenty of ways to bring the joy of teatime into your everyday life. Join the tea party!

I just received my Dessert by Deb order that I placed a few weeks ago! Deb’s packages are the absolute best. In addition to the extra 50g packet I was able to choose with a recent discount code, Deb also included an adorable boba notebook, a matcha pin, a metal tin, a teapot shaped teabag rest, 3 extra samples, and a handwritten card! Such a generous package of goodies.

It was difficult to decide what to try first, but ended up going with this one- glad I did! I absolutely love it. It’s quite simple, but works really well. It’s a very straightforward flavor- brown sugar+black tea, but I find the combo so delicious and comforting. I didn’t prepare it as a milk tea this time, as I wanted to test it out plain to start. But, I will certainly be revisiting this with a creamy addition.

Very, very cool concept and I was excited to see Deb’s interpretation of it!

To be honest, I expected this to be much sweeter than it actually is. Now to clarify that statement; it does still have sweetness to the cup and I’m actually really happy with where the sweetness level landed. It’s perfect on its own but could totally be punched up a notch if someone wanted to do that. The primary taste is the black tea, and that feels right to me for a blend inspired by a drink that is… well, primarily tea. It tastes malty with notes of sweet French Bread and undertones of syrupy raisins. The hints of brown sugar and overall creaminess lean in well to the idea of a boba milk tea and I combined with this very rich and full bodied black tea I feel like the concept is a success!

I had this plain, but I honestly think making it as a latte would push that to the next level and really make the vision of the name come through ten fold!