Bitter, Cream, Tannic, Vanilla

From Disney Wonderland Tea

French Vanilla Flavored Black

About Disney Wonderland Tea View company

Bagged Bonanza Morning #2 – Tea #3:

I’m having one last bag before sending the rest to friends.
See previous notes…

TeaEqualsBliss is right, if you’re not a vanilla freak than this is not your tea.
Sadly, I love everything and anything connected with vanilla.
This is an okay tea—I probably won’t own it again after this box, and I can think of many other teas that I would rather drink that are FULL of vanilla.

I took this with one tsp sugar and milk…. and without anything.
Without anything it’s bland… a liptonesk plain black with the smell if anything of vanilla.
And then you put milk and sugar in it and the flavors do open up.
The tea itself is mild with little to any astringency and with milk and sugar it is rich, sweet and smooth.
AND PLAIN!
You know that tea that you go back to when you are just trying to enjoy watching a movie and it’s late so you want so caffeine but you don’t want to worry about mucking up you cup by missing a timer or anything silly?
This is mine.
*Yes… I like older Disney movies … so I may be a bit biased for the novelty.

Thank you Arby for the share. I have actually been carrying your teas around with me since our swap and I keep planning to steep tea at work but just haven’t gotten comfortable using the shared kitchen facilities. This is a fairly bland black tea, malty and smooth and a touch astringent, but I was surprised by the background notes of creamy vanilla. It is nothing earth shattering but better than expected. I have had worse vanilla teas and I have had better vanilla teas, this one is middle of the pack which still makes for a pleasant sip and an exciting new try.

I brewed this too long and it came out bitter, so I added unsweetened vanilla soy milk and it is fantastic this way. If they had this in decaf, I would keep it stocked.

While the vanilla is nice, the best part of the tea is how sweet and creamy it is, while still being a very traditional tea. My grandmother would really like this, it has a strong (very strong) black base with a tendency to be bitter. I wouldn’t say it is a bad black, I think there are many who like the very strong flavours that bagged black teas give. That being said, this is not high quality by any standards (hence why it is finely ground in a paper teabag). But, it is a very old fashioned British sort of tea IMO. It reminds me a lot of Yorkshire brand black tea, but with French vanilla flavouring.

Flavors: Bitter, Cream, Tannic, Vanilla

Boiling 4 min, 45 sec 15 OZ / 450 ML

I honestly was expecting more vanilla after reveling in the amount of blueberry in the blueberry green tea. I just got a light black tea with a hint of it. Sadsies.