Honey & Melon

Floral, Fruity, Green Melons, Honey, Sour, Sweet, Tangy
Bulk, Sachet, Tea Bag
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Nattie

• “I didn’t enjoy this tea, however I don’t enjoy melons so my person opinion should not sway you from trying this tea. It was presently floral and fruity. There was a sweetness to it, however it was...” Read full tasting note
  • “Sipdown 156/397 I was ambivalent at best towards this tea when I first tried it, rating it a measly 51, but over time I have grown to appreciate it so much more! I still don’t like to eat...” Read full tasting note
  • “I first tried this one just before Christmas, I think, from the EU TTB. I drank it hot on that occasion, but I made a note to keep some back for cold brewing in the warmer weather. Today is that...” Read full tasting note
  • “Thank you Nattie for this tea. This was from the Hapa-tite tea exchange and the wonderful Nattie was my swapping buddy. Melon is one of my most favourite flavours and foods so my eyes literally lit...” Read full tasting note

From English Tea Shop

Glistening honey with the sweet taste of melon and black tea and not forgetting the spicy flavours of cinnamon and waves of licorice makes this blend full of utter sweetness and delight.

About English Tea Shop View company

I didn’t enjoy this tea, however I don’t enjoy melons so my person opinion should not sway you from trying this tea. It was presently floral and fruity. There was a sweetness to it, however it was a bit acidic as well.

Flavors: Floral, Fruity, Green Melons, Honey, Sour, Sweet, Tangy

Boiling 3 min, 30 sec 10 OZ / 300 ML

Sipdown 156/397

I was ambivalent at best towards this tea when I first tried it, rating it a measly 51, but over time I have grown to appreciate it so much more! I still don’t like to eat cantaloupe melons, but the flavour of this tea has really grown on me. I brew it completely differently than how I used to, which I’m sure plays a huge role in my much improved opinion, but I also think my tastes have changed and developed a lot in the last few years. I give this a very short steep in not-quite-boiling water to fully release the flavour without bringing out any accidental astringency, and it’s just authentic, pure unadulterated melon. The black tea is tempered by the lower temperature and only lends a slight malt note if you’re concentrating. There’s no cinnamon, and a slight liquorice root sweetness at the back of my throat at the end of the sip, which is the only reason I’m not rating this even higher – I would rather these ingredients were just removed altogether. We’ve been on quite the journey together, this tea and I, and I never would have suspected it would end in me actually considering repurchasing this in the future!

195 °F / 90 °C 0 min, 45 sec 10 OZ / 295 ML

Today is that day. I made this up last night to bring to work with me today, using one litre of cold water and 3 tea bags. It went into the fridge overnight, so it had about 10 hours in total.

I remember this one fairly well from the first time I tried it, largely because I was so impressed! It’s even better cold (if that’s possible, since I rated it 100 at the time). I mean, it worked hot, but it’s flavouring is obviously suited to cold brewing. No-one I know eats hot melon.

The black base here is apparently ceylon, but from flavour alone I wouldn’t know this was a black tea at all. It tastes just like melon juice. The flavour is so exact, it’s actually hard to believe that this is tea at all. The fact that it’s cold really helps this impression, because it’s just like a slice of cantaloupe melon straight from the fridge. Completely delicious, and very, very refreshing! It’s certainly the best melon tea I’ve tried, bar none.

You need some of this. Trust me.

Iced 8 min or more 3 tsp

Thank you Nattie for this tea. This was from the Hapa-tite tea exchange and the wonderful Nattie was my swapping buddy. Melon is one of my most favourite flavours and foods so my eyes literally lit up when I saw this blend. And what better to blend with melon than honey? I think that sounds like a beautiful combination, though the fact that it’s black tea based is making me wish the base isn’t too strong.

In the little note Nattie left me she said she uses two bags because the flavours are so subtle and she likes strong tea. For now I will use one bag but will probably end up trying two as I too am a lover of strong teas. For the most part the bag looks like any other and has the same generic black ceylon scent most of us will know so well, I would never guess it’s flavour if someone handed this to me without saying what it was, though it is a little sweeter than normal ceylon.

No steeping times for this on the website so giving it the good old 3 minute rule with boiling water since it’s black based,

Ok three minutes later and I have a dark brown tea that smells exactly like cantaloupe melon. it is AMAZING!!! I’m actually wondering if I have died and gone to heaven right now. It’s so sweet and juicy and natural, the melon is stronger than the honey but both are very present.

Flavour wise it is a little softer than it’s smell but it’s at a nice level for me, the melon is more of a mist and the honey a sweet after taste, oh how I would love to dance around in melon mist…
It doesn’t linger for long in terms of flavour including the after taste but that makes it more refreshing and much less like a black tea. In fact you can’t taste the ceylon at all.

It’s wonderful, especially for a pre-bagged tea. Thinking this may make an amazing iced tea, will try tomorrow. Thank you so much Nattie for this tea, I am definitely going to have to buy this one.

Ps. It reminds me of Cantaloupe & Cream by Butiki, very similar but not quite as good.

Nattie

Yay, I’m so glad you like this one! (: and also glad I remembered to tell you about the two bags thing.

I’m not too sure about the black tea in this, I can’t taste any either and it would be much better as a herbal IMO. I, too, found it similar to Butiki’s cantaloupe and cream, but as I tried Butiki second, was more like ‘ooh, this is what English Tea Shop was trying to do!’

It’s a good substitute when you’re out of cantaloupe & cream, or just don’t have the time/means to brew up a loose tea.