Saffron Vanilla

Black Tea, Saffron, Vanilla Bean
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

• “Shae Advent Day 20 I’m not home, so I made this using water of an unknown temperature, and I steeped it for longer to try to make up for that, but that may have been a mistake because it tastes a...” Read full tasting note
  • “I can thank Roswell Strange for inadvertently leading me to this tea. Their post about this brand led me to investigate their website, which then led me to placing 2 orders in a week. I only...” Read full tasting note

From Épices de Cru

A sumptuous tea with a rich, smooth fragrance, delicately nuanced with vanilla and saffron. Extremely comforting.

A well balanced fragrant black tea blended using genuine Iranian saffron and flawless vanilla beans. A bewitching, comforting infusion that is spicy yet subtle. Totally natural with no added artificial flavours.

Steeping time: 2-3 min
Water temperature: 95°C
Up to 2 infusions

About Épices de Cru View company

Shae Advent Day 20

I’m not home, so I made this using water of an unknown temperature, and I steeped it for longer to try to make up for that, but that may have been a mistake because it tastes a little oversteeped now. Luckily Shae sent extra so I can try again later! The scent reminds me of marzipan, and that’s the flavor I’m getting most strongly too. I’m not fancy enough to recognize saffron when I taste it, but I do taste something unfamiliar, so maybe that’s the saffron! This one is interesting and different, and I’m enjoying it with some milk.

Shae

This one seemed interesting to me, but I don’t really know what saffron tastes like either.

Roswell Strange

Saffron is generally described as having a sweet floral or earthy taste. Personally I find it more earthy than floral; but a sort of “clean fresh earthiness” if that makes sense?

I can thank Roswell Strange for inadvertently leading me to this tea. Their post about this brand led me to investigate their website, which then led me to placing 2 orders in a week. I only ordered 2 teas, and this is one of them.
The dry leaf scent is truly one of the best things I’ve ever smelled. It’s the most beautiful, pure vanilla extract. The scent continues when the tea is brewed. Absolutely incredible. The vanilla flavor is delicate and subtle. The saffron balances the vanilla wonderfully.
This is the ultimate vanilla black tea.

Lexie Aleah

This one sounds SO good!

Roswell Strange

Hope you don’t mind, but I shared this review with Marika!!

amandastory516