Bak Kwa

Black Fruit Blend
Black Peppercorn, Black Tea, Cinnamon, Fennel, Lapsang Souchong, Orange Peel, Safflower
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

1 Tasting Note View all

From ETTE TEA

Welcoming this Lunar New Year is our imagination of Singapore’s traditional favourite for the season; our latest blend No. 888, Bak Kwa.

Bak Kwa or Rougan (肉干) is a salty-sweet barbequed dried meat that is remarkably popular in Singapore & Malaysia, which is a key snack served during the Chinese festive season for family and guests. Usually goes well with tea, we now bring you Bak Kwa in a cup, minus the calories.

100% vegan, our Bak Kwa is a smoky blend of black tea, lapsangsouchong, fennel, cinnamon, black peppercorn, orange peel & safflower to render the flavour of freshly grilled sweet and succulent BBQ meat!

Gong Xi Fa [ Marsala ] Chai !

About ETTE TEA View company

1 Tasting Note

Sipdown 100-2021
Woot! Finally got to my 100th sipdown for the year. I was hoping to be to this point about a month ago, but better late than never.
This was a generous share from Dustin, thank you!
It smells super smoky. Like BBQ smoky. However, the smoky flavor is much more muted than I would have assumed. It’s still quite strong, but not as intense as the scent would lead one to believe. Other than the smokiness, I’m getting a bit of…vanilla? Something soft and sweet. I can’t really make the flavors out over the smoke.

tea-sipper