Chai Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by blackfedora

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Advent Day 10 Boring! I mean, this would be okay for a generic grocery store bagged chai, but for a loose leaf tea company it leaves a lot to be desired. The steeping instructions say 5m at boiling...” Read full tasting note

From Fortnum & Mason

Product description not available yet.

About Fortnum & Mason View company

1 Tasting Note

Advent Day 10

Boring! I mean, this would be okay for a generic grocery store bagged chai, but for a loose leaf tea company it leaves a lot to be desired. The steeping instructions say 5m at boiling and I only did 4, but it already had a bitter tinge to it by then. Adding cream dulled that, but it lacks flavor and spice. It’s like chai set to a level 2 intensity with nothing outstanding or noticeable about it. There are some muddled spices that have merged into one dull flavor. If I wasn’t so thirsty I’d have dumped my cup, but I’d never buy this. I guess if my choices were this or hibiscus, I’d choose this chai, but I wouldn’t be happy about it. Glad it was only one bag that crossed my path!

Mastress Alita

If it were me, I’d take the hibiscus… but then, I like hibiscus, and this review makes this chai sound terrible. And I really don’t like bitter chai with muddled spice (or worse, that taste like they only have one single spice in them instead of four or five, like only clove, or only cardamom… bleeeeeh)