Black Tea Leaves
High
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Scott

From Frontier Natural Products Co-op

Ceylon makes a lovely afternoon tea. The high-grown teas have a bright, distinctive flavor.

About Frontier Natural Products Co-op View company

Thank you TeaEqualsBliss for sending me some of this tea.

A nice, even-tempered tea. Pleasant way to start my sipping for the day. Smooth and rich. A very nice Ceylon!

gmathis

Good to know … I constantly carp at the lack of variety at local stores, but my favorite local health food hole-in-the-wall carries Frontier Co-op stuff, and it’s inexpensive. Will have to look now!

Batrachoid

Frontier is good cheap daily tea/blending fodder. Their gunpowder and nilgiri are great but their “special” se chung oolong is gag inducing. Just a heads up. =D

The rest of today I will be RANDOM Tea Selections of the teas in my stash I haven’t tried yet. As for this one…it’s a really good, plain Ceylon! Plain and Simple. It’s stereotypically Ceylon but still tasty! Not much else to say about it, really.

Ewa

yay randomness!

Malty with subtle spice notes. Not much to say about this one.

Flavors: Black Pepper, Cloves, Malt

Frontier stuff generally takes mistreatment well—actually does better with sloppy overmeasuring and overtiming, and this is a decent daily drinker Ceylon; just a little edge to it. But I was a little too generous with both this morning and let this steep to the strength of turpentine. It did get the eyes open, however, and that was the point. Little ice will gentle it down in a bit.

The sharpness, however, is a good foil for the rest of my breakfast—COTTON CANDY GRAPES. Yes, in all capitals because we could actually find them locally. There is about a three-day window when they are available in town and then they disappear. The reason they disappear? They really do taste like cotton candy.

Mostly I wanted to brag on my grapes, not my tea. Good morning to y’all anyway.

Lexie Aleah

They are amazing! Glad you found them!

ashmanra

Oh, I haven’t noticed them for sale here yet! Must run to store tomorrow!

Very drinkable everyday black. Second steep is OK but not nearly as good as the first.

Warming and smooth with a sweet aftertaste.