Milky Oolong

Bulk, Loose Leaf
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Harney & Sons The Store

From Harney & Sons

For some time we’ve had requests for a milky oolong and finally we have found one that we liked so that we could share it with you. Milky oolongs are very popular in Eastern Asia for their sweet, creamy flavors. This one is smooth and the aroma of warmed cream is delicious! This light bodied oolong is so tasty! The warm aromas of hot milk rise to meet you as you bring the cup to your lips. The aromas carry through in a very pleasant cup of tea!

About Harney & Sons View company

I am a little disappointed with this one. To be fair, I have only tried it once so far but it did not live up to my expectation. My experience with milky oolongs suggested this tea should start out vegetal with stone fruit flavors in later infusions. I also expected a floral nose and after taste. The stone fruit and floral after taste and nose never developed for me.
The spent leaf was dissapointing too. Instead of full leaves unfurling, the leaf was broken with few pieces as large as half a leaf.
The tea purchase was not a total loss. Overall the tea was pleasant, slightly unami marked with hints of spinach, nuts, oats and, of course, the milkyness expected in a flavored milky oolong. Overall I think the taste is quite good but no where near the complexity I expected. At $6.00 for 3 ounces this tea is still a good value. The tea is rich in flavor and very consistent in taste for up to 3 rebrews. I would recommend it with reservations. For the price the tea is consistent and tasty and sufficiently oolong to be worth drinking. However it is lacks complexity and does not hold up to brewing very long.

Overall I think Republic of Tea Milk Oolong is a better choice even at twice the price. The flavor profile is much more complex with new flavors developing right through 6-8 rebrews. For a widely available, commercially branded product, Republic of Teas Milk Oolong is a much better value.
3 g 8 OZ / 250 ML

My first time tasting a milky oolong. The liquor is a pale gold. The strongest note in the first steep is that of hot milk, which is very pleasant and provides a lingering finish. There is a hint of stone fruit as well. It’s only slightly sweet and not at all vanillic, unlike cream versions of teas I’ve tasted. In the second steep (4 minutes), the milk flavor was more subtle, allowing the green oolong to come through more.

Flavors: Apricot, Creamy, Milk

I like this tea. It has a very subtle peach after glow. I know its’s supposed to be creamy but I get peach.

Maybe I’m just weird.

It doesn’t need anything added. It’s light but the flavor is there. Just for fun I tried it with a very small amount of Splenda and it really brought out that light fruit flavor. With a dab of cream, very nice, rich brew with a creamy peach flavor that made me forget my preference for heavier teas ( fruit blends and chocolate have been at the top of the list until lately).

If I knew more about oolong, this might have hit to 100 mark but as I am new to this type of type of tea, I wanted to use some restraint. I could easily have this after dinner in place of dessert or right before bed.

Flavors: Peach

The creamiest flavor you can get in a tea without adding milk! A hint of sweetness and warmth, makes you feel at home with a blanket!

Flavors: Cream, Creamy, Milk, Sweet

ashmanra

Ooooh, sounds lovely! I have never tried your milky oolong!

Harney & Sons The Store

@ ashmanra, do try! It’s excellent and also fairly new. Available online and in stores!