Herbal Rooibos Blend
Alcohol, Brown Sugar, Cream, Creamy, Hay, Milk, Mineral, Molasses, Nutty, Rooibos, Rum, Sweet, Coconut, Thick
Edit tea info Last updated by Alannah

• “This was definitely an impulse buy at the grocery store, they had several different kinds of Hawaiian Island Teas and I chose this one. I decided to use two teabags in a large-ish mug. Eh, it isn’t...” Read full tasting note
  • “Okay, I’m drinking this as I write about it so I can hopefully do a better job this time. I don’t get any coconut OR macadamia flavour from this, and no sweetness at all. There’s a definite taste...” Read full tasting note
  • “I give this tea a ‘meh’. It’s not bad for a red rooibos-based tea but it’s not spectacularly good either. I can sorta taste the coconut and a creaminess that that might or might not the be the...” Read full tasting note
  • “Sipdown (342) Thank you Arby for the share. Unfortunately I do not get much more than rooibos from this. It is smooth land every now and again I think I get coconut but rooibos really is what...” Read full tasting note

From Hawaiian Islands Tea Company

A 100% caffeine-free Tropical Nut Tea. macadamia nut, considered by some to be the world’s finest nut, and coconut combine with herbal rooibos to make this fragrant, flavorful and satisfying tropical herbal tea.

About Hawaiian Islands Tea Company View company

This was definitely an impulse buy at the grocery store, they had several different kinds of Hawaiian Island Teas and I chose this one. I decided to use two teabags in a large-ish mug. Eh, it isn’t terrible but not that great either. It tastes of mostly rooibos and I was hoping for something with more of a punchy flavor in terms of the coconut or the macadamia. I added some soymilk and some coconut extract to this and that did improve upon the flavor slightly but it still leaves something to be desired. Anyway I am also giving it a solid “meh”

Will Work For Tea

Solid “meh” – lol

Scott B

What about adding Chocolate extract?

TeaBrat

I might have to try that next, it does need something

Okay, I’m drinking this as I write about it so I can hopefully do a better job this time. I don’t get any coconut OR macadamia flavour from this, and no sweetness at all. There’s a definite taste to it, but I guess I can’t recognize what that is, so I can’t put a name on it. I brewed this pretty strong this go ‘round and it didn’t get bitter, but it made that taste even “louder” so to speak. I guess one word to describe this tea is weird. I can’t really describe it and I don’t really love it, but it’s different.

1905 tasting notes

I give this tea a ‘meh’. It’s not bad for a red rooibos-based tea but it’s not spectacularly good either. I can sorta taste the coconut and a creaminess that that might or might not the be the macadamia nut, but none of the flavours really shout out to me; they’re there but at a background level.

gmathis

In theory, this sounds wonderful - sorry it didn’t actually execute well. :)

Sipdown (342)

Thank you Arby for the share. Unfortunately I do not get much more than rooibos from this. It is smooth land every now and again I think I get coconut but rooibos really is what stands out here. Still fun to try something new.

Lol you’re 300 above me

Shhhhhh

Hey I’m proud of myself! Under 2.5kg as well

VariaTEA

I spent most of the day cataloging my teas and weighing them and I have done about 2/3 – 3/4 of my cupboard and am around 2.8kg. Yay for a bunch of smaller size packets.

Evol Ving Ness

Now you guys need to subtract the weight of the bags :)

i already do that evol…and the weight of the tins.

VariaTEA

I did that too. I weighed the empty bag (or tins), zeroed out the scale and then weighed the tea. Honestly I was going to measure in perfect teaspoons since that would say exactly how many cups I had of each tea but that seemed like too much work.

Evol Ving Ness

You guys. Oh you guys.
I admire your devotion.

1971 tasting notes

No ingredients listed anywhere on the package? Idk what is even in this. What I do know is that the herbal/rooibos base is very sweet and the flavouring is quite strong.

The rooibos base is rooibosy (brown sugar, molasses, hay, minerals), sweet, flavourful. There is a bit of creamy and nutty flavour, but mostly it tastes very strongly of alcohol, vanilla, white rum, and molasses. No coconut that I can taste.

Flavors: Alcohol, Brown Sugar, Cream, Creamy, Hay, Milk, Mineral, Molasses, Nutty, Rooibos, Rum

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more

i actually had this ones last night… this one was sort of sweet and coconut ish sorta… but other than that fell short. Too bad since macademia flavour was interesting to me. not a bad cup..just nothing special

Pass the Stash TTB #1

First tea from the Pass the Stash TTB. It’s kind of meh for me. I’ve definitely had worse rooibos teas, but this isn’t really anything special to write home about. I don’t get much coconut, and just a very faint hint of macadamia. It’s drinkable, but that’s pretty much it.

I was in Hawaii and spotted this box at a market. It is a rooibos, but I’m not really tasting the rooibos which is fine by me. I added a little sugar. I get a very distinct macadamia nut flavor and a creaminess like young coconut. The two flavors pair well into an almost chocolate like flavor, but it isn’t a very exciting decaf option… at least at the moment. As the cup cools I get a bit of the rooibos dry mouth feeling. I wonder if my opinion will change if I drink this when I’m in a better mood.

I’m having a bit of a hard time drinking this one right now. For some reason I was feeling fine and then I took the first sip and it felt like the back of my throat became very raw. T_T

Anyway, this is another tea that says natural flavoring in the ingredients and that drives me nuts because that doesn’t say much. Just go look up natural flavoring on Google and you’ll see what I mean. So to me this is mainly a Rooibos tea with a bit of added something. I’m assuming it’s coconut seeing as how that’s what this tea is called.

Regardless it’s a good Rooibos. There’s just not much to it.

I only had 1 bag of this, which my non-tea-drinking mom got in the mail free with some Hawaiian black sand. I drank it yesterday, but it left an impression. I can still write about it.

I didn’t let the water get hot enough, so I let it steep longer than the recommended 1-3 minutes. I’m weird. Anyway, it was sweet. I thought I could taste the macadamia, but I’m really not sure what all was in it. It wasn’t coconutty, which was nice for me. It was hard to describe, but it was definitely sweet. For all I know, it could have had rooibos in it. There was something in there that wasn’t sweet (wasn’t bitter), but I couldn’t place it. It was definitely more than coconut (if it actually had that) and macadamia! I wasn’t sure when I was drinking it whether or not I thought I tasted fruit in there. It wasn’t floral. It confused me quite a bit. I probably won’t be looking for it to buy.