Ripe Mango Oolong

Fruit Oolong Blend
Fruity, Mango, Sweet, Toasty, Blueberry, Flowers, Floral
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “This tea, this tea, this tea. I know exactly when I first made it, how cool the counter was against my fingertips, where we went for dinner that day, what the text message I wrote just then said...” Read full tasting note
  • “Sipdown no. 74 for the year 2014. A teabag from the work stash. (Oolong in a bag just seems weird to me because of leaf expansion and all.) But wow. After yesterday’s not particularly successful...” Read full tasting note
  • “I am so behind on my tasting notes, this is from 3 days ago! I think it just slipped my mind, so I suppose I should dive back in. This was in my box from LiberTEAS, which yes I am still digging...” Read full tasting note
  • “In one word, delicious delicious delicious! I don’t have much time to type, so in short, this reminds me of a mango version of Golden Moon’s Coconut Pouchong. I love it! Got this free teabag...” Read full tasting note

From Lupicia

Quality Taiwanese oolong tea scented with lusciously ripe mangos.

About Lupicia View company

Huge, full, twisted leaves of Taiwanese green oolong with just the right amount of succulent mango flavor. Soft, creamy mouthfeel and chewy texture that stands up to multiple brews (the mango flavor starts to fade after a couple brews, but you’re left with a pretty tasty pouchong after that.)

I got the teabag version of this tea. It has a good fruity scent and a nice orange green liquid. This tea has a mild fruity floral flavor. I like the way the tea looks inside the teabag. It looks like they put real tea and not the dust stuff I see in some teabag teas.

I was hugely disappointed with this tea. I love mangos, and this tea smells amazingly like the ones I used to get at my grandma’s house. But something about it tastes off to me. There’s an odd chemical tinge that reminds me I had this same experience with their Takibi, but the chemical edge is harsher here, and harder to ignore.

The tea still smells good when brewed up, if a bit subdued, but the flavoring can’t compete at all with that chemical taste. I did try letting this tea sit to let the flavors settle, but it was still unpleasant.

And I just realized this was my 100 tasting note! Hard to believe I’ve tried that many teas. How did that happen?

Tastes good. Smells better. Would make great potpourri if it weren’t so expensive and difficult to get in this country. Very pleasant to drink.

Coldbrewed 700 mL water, one pyramid sachet. Left the teabag in.

First half of the cup (~10 minutes) is very fruity, sweet, distinctly a very realistic mango. It tastes like mango puree.
Second half of the cup was still lots of mango, but this flavour was accompanied by a nice toasty oolong base. Extremely tasty, and great hold or cold.

Flavors: Fruity, Mango, Sweet, Toasty

Iced

Got this a while ago in my Lupicia newsletter.

Open the bag, smell a nice Mango-ish smell. I love mango juice, but not crazy about actually alot of mango, just a few pieces here and there. Amyways, post brew it still smells like Mango, but it’s fairly muted. Actually the smell and taste reminds me alot of Lychee. I mostly like it. Jury is kind of out whether or not I would actually buy this. I mean at best it would be a good alternative to when I want a fruity Oolong but tired of the Pineapple (Or when I want hoard it!) Though if it comes to crunch time (When I’ve got to reduce my order.) It would probably come off the list. Since I haven’t been able to buy from Lupicia since last February, when I am able to order, it will be mainly to restock though hopefully I’ll be able to a few more try-outs. This tea reminds me a lot of this mango gummy candy that I get from a Japanese grocery store in Novi (One World Market. Sadly can only get there every few months at best.) It’s one of my favorite candies, I usually get the mixed fruit bag (The Strawberry flavor is a bit to sweet and I like the Lychee. ) Oh and another thing, like with the Pineapple Oolong, I didn’t get a tropical flavor that others have gotten…if it had some coconut then maybe (Mmm that sounds like a delicious tea!)

Very pleasant flavor, yet could be stronger and more intense. With two teaspoons and 10 oz of hot water, the tea favor still appeared weak. And I am not just talking about the mango flavor, but of the tea leaf itself. Tastes watered down. I will try more tea less water next time, yet even the smell is not very intense.

Flavors: Blueberry, Flowers, Mango

3 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

This tea is amazing. I didn’t think could beat Alpanso Mango (and that one is right next to this one on the amazing scale). As soon as you open the packet the mango scent overpowers you. The taste is just the same. Is this base Tie Guan Yin? It matches so well with the mango. I’m cold steeping this one. It’s amazing.

I’ve managed to go through 3 boxes/bags/tins of this over the years, and somehow never left a note. It’s quite good! The base is what I think of as Lupicia’s standard Taiwanese oolong, greenish and fresh. The touch of mango complements it nicely. More of a summer tea than anything. Maybe I’ll restock when warmer weather rolls around?

Tasty, but mostly oolong (pouchong-type) and little mango flavour. That could be a result of age, so I’d probably be happy to try this again fresh. Thanks to VariaTea (I think?) for offloading her teas on Sil!