Nine Lotus

Green Tea
Green
Edit tea info Last updated by ifjuly

From Mandala Tea

Nine Lotus green tea transports the drinker to Jiu Hua Shan (Nine Lotus Mountain in Anhui Province, China) where there is spectacular natural beauty with few roads and no air pollution. The area is visited by some tourists, but most of the residents are Buddhist monks who cultivate this very special tea amidst numerous temples at an altitude of nearly 3,500 feet. This tea brings me back to my visit to Jiu Hua Shan, tasting the sweet, moist air in my cup, hearing the mantras whispered by the tea-picking monks in my heart.

These needle-like leaves may be enjoyed gongfu style, with a tea tumbler, or a simple water glass. We find the brew exceptionally sweet and uplifting.

About Mandala Tea View company

Green tea at its finest. One or two leaves and a bud are visible on every leaf. Picked by munis who pray for those who will drink this tea. Smooth, mellow taste. Not grassy nor vegetal. A classic green tea that is sure to wow new and seasoned green tea drinkers.

Flavors: Green

3 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Very smooth. Grassy notes. Slightly nutty. Slightly sweet. The wet leaf smells so good. Slight marine/seaweed in the smell but not in the taste.

Wowee, this green tea is GORGEOUS! You need to check out my photos Steepster readers!

Nine Lotus is delicate. It has a creamy texture yet crisp and clean. The notes are sweet grass, lemongrass, unripe crisp pear, kiwi and lemon curd. This tea is so beautiful and the leaves are almost perfect! Nine Lotus is also cultivated by Buddhist Monks, how cool is that?

Full review on Oolong Owl http://oolongowl.com/nine-lotus-green-tea-from-mandala-tea-tea-review/

KiwiDelight

Seems amazing all around!

Kaylee

Beautiful photos!

Garret

Nice! Thank you. I’m really happy you’ve been enjoying this one. When I was on the mountain in 2012, I was pretty sure I could taste the sweet air there. Now, not on the mountain, I taste the air in the tea and I’m really happy about that.

Very pleasant light green tea. It lacks bitterness and produces a calming cup. Comes from the nine famous mountains in china, a place home to monks that pray all day. This is a meditative tea that would be wonderful to enjoy in nature.