Glazed Lemon Loaf

Herbal Rooibos Blend
Apple, Chamomile, Ginger, Green Rooibos, Licorice Root, Natural Flavours, Orange Peel, Rose Petals
Lemon, Vanilla, Floral, Sugar, Citrus, Ginger, Lemon Zest, Sweet, Tart
Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Mastress Alita
Boiling 5 min, 15 sec 12 oz / 368 ml

• “Tazo has become my go-to brand for bagged tea and this one didn’t let me down! I don’t usually like herbal blends that contain chamomile, but I don’t taste it all in this blend. Instead, it has a...” Read full tasting note
  • “This herbal tea is pretty great. The vanilla really sells the cakey lemon loaf flavour. I can taste a lot of fresh lemon but it isn’t overly acidic or sour (and none of that bitter dried lemon rind...” Read full tasting note
  • “I started drinking this to curb the sadness wrought by cutting coffee out of my life several years ago, and while it may not be genius by some standards, it holds a special place in my heart as...” Read full tasting note
  • “Recently had the chance to try this and the two other teas from this Tazo collection. I found that, of the three, this was the one I felt most neutral towards; I didn’t hate it or love it. Now,...” Read full tasting note

From Tazo

An enticing herbal infusion with notes of bright lemon & creamy vanilla.

Ingredients: Apple, natural flavors, green rooibos, orange peel, chamomile, rose petals, licorice root, ginger

Steeping Information: Bring fresh, filtered water to a boil (212°F). Pour 8 fl oz water over the filterbag in your cup. Sit tight 3 min until steeping is done. Delicious tea is on the way.

About Tazo View company

Tazo has become my go-to brand for bagged tea and this one didn’t let me down! I don’t usually like herbal blends that contain chamomile, but I don’t taste it all in this blend. Instead, it has a delightfully natural-tasting lemon flavor with hints of vanilla. A lovely bedtime treat!

Flavors: Lemon, Vanilla

gmathis

I really like this one as well. Thank you for reminding me I need to go get some. Because I don’t have enough tea :)

Inkling

Is there such a thing as “enough tea”? ;)

This herbal tea is pretty great. The vanilla really sells the cakey lemon loaf flavour. I can taste a lot of fresh lemon but it isn’t overly acidic or sour (and none of that bitter dried lemon rind nonsense). This makes a great hot tea with milk but I’ve just finished a coldbrewed cup and I enjoy it iced/cold as well.

Lexie Aleah

Love this one!^^

AJRimmer

Me too!

Bluegreen

What a name for a tea!

I started drinking this to curb the sadness wrought by cutting coffee out of my life several years ago, and while it may not be genius by some standards, it holds a special place in my heart as being a gateway tea to the broader landscape.

It’s bright, creamy, and lush. It smells sweet, like a warm pan of—you guessed it—glazed lemon loaf. It mimics the real thing pretty impressively close, and I suspect this would only increase with the addition of milk and sugar. It’s smooth inoffensive, and an easy drink; not overly acidic or sharp. I try to be economical, but double up tea bags on this because I honestly love it that much.

I’ve demolished many boxes of this stuff, and while it’s not always in my stash, it is my go-to when I’m sick or want something warm and sunny, but caffeine-free.

Flavors: Floral, Lemon, Sugar, Vanilla

I found that, of the three, this was the one I felt most neutral towards; I didn’t hate it or love it. Now, it’s quite sweet, but because of the “glazed” in the name, and the pictures on the tea box showing a slice of lemon loaf with a THICK layer of sugar glaze I at least knew to expect that it would taste very sweet and thusly I wasn’t upset about the intensity of the sweetness.

The lemon was very bright, and just a little creamy. It worked quite brilliantly with the green rooibos base, actually. I enjoyed this aspect of the cup the most. The most striking thing about the whole brew though was how shockingly accurate they were able to get the “Lemon Poppyseed Cake/Loaf” flavour – like I found it VIVIDLY reminiscent of the real deal! I also think it’s accurate enough that you could blind guess the inspiration for what you were drinking. Add on to that the fact that it’s natural flavouring in the blend and not artificial flavouring and, well, it’s very impressive!

So, especially for a tea bag, I think this is a very well put together blend – but ultimately it’s just a touch too sweet for me (in terms of lemon teas; that’s not why I typically drink lemon teas, personally) so not completely my jam. I’m still very impressed by it though!

I actually sampled this for the first time last month when I had to go up to Boise to take care of some family things, so there was just no way I could write a note for it then. Decided to make another pot of it tonight for my nightly herbal. I did learn last time that like many grocery store herbals a single bag per cup comes out just a bit too weak in flavor for me, so I prepared this one with a ratio of two bags per cup of water (and my dobin teapot holds two cups of water, so four bags in this case).

The tea is a lovely lemony yellow and smells wonderful, very sweet with a strong lemon aroma. I really like this one; it has a nice lemon flavor that doesn’t have any of the “cleaner” flavors I find so often in lemon teas using flavoring, and the citrus comes off with a very juicy appeal. It has a sweetness with a slight vanilla note, and a bit of a lemon zest tart zing toward the end of the sip that I quite like. I feel like I pick up just a hint of the ginger in the aftertaste; it isn’t prevalent in the flavor on the sip, but I feel a small warmth on the back of my tongue after the swallow. And to my fellow chamomile haters: it is listed in the ingredients, and I don’t taste it at all. Another plus.

I imagine I’ll go through this box fairly quickly (which is good, since boxed teas are taking up a lot of cupboard space), but on the flipside I’ll probably restock this one at some point, too.

Flavors: Citrus, Ginger, Lemon, Lemon Zest, Sweet, Tart, Vanilla

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 4 tsp 17 OZ / 500 ML
AJRimmer

One of my favorite bagged teas for sure!

Kittenna

Lemon + vanilla is one of my favourite combos! This sounds really good.

This is so good! The flavor is weak, so 2 bags is necessary. With a little milk and sweetener this is amazing. Perfect for a night time treat.

I have absolutely blazed through my two boxes of this. Sadly no stores near me carry the Tazo dessert flavors, so when I’m on vacation, I have to check the local Target! It’s so sweet and lemony. It really is exactly as advertised. I use two bags for my ~18 oz mug and add lots of sugar.

MEH. This tea is not very flavorful at all… The Vanilla Bean Macaroon tea from this collection is amazing, and I expected this tea to be good as well. This tea has potential.. but there is just not enough flavor for me in this tea. I prefer darker teas, and this is definitely more of a lighter tea than what I usually drink… But, I wouldn’t bother drinking this again until I had two tea bags for one cup. Disappointing.

Flavors: Lemon, Sweet

Tabby

Good to know… I had been thinking about trying this one.

Tasty, basically what it says on the box. Tastes like a lemon dessert, no caffeine.

Not bad, though it’s not as lemony as I expected.