Glazed Lemon Loaf

Herbal Rooibos Blend
Apple, Chamomile, Ginger, Green Rooibos, Licorice Root, Natural Flavours, Orange Peel, Rose Petals
Cake, Lemon, Butter, Citrusy, Creamy, Pastries, Sugar, Sweet, Tangy, Vanilla, Floral, Citrus, Ginger, Lemon Zest, Tart
Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Mastress Alita
Boiling 5 min, 45 sec 12 oz / 363 ml

• “After browsing and drooling over all of your lovely, elegant, and well-thought-out reviews of Theodor and Dammann Freres delicacies, I’ll just drag the sophistication level back down to Midwest...” Read full tasting note
  • “Day 18 of Sara’s Old Tea! Part 3 of 6 Swimming teabag in boiling water. Oh man, this one smells amazing. I can smell lemon icing on some kind of spice cake. Tastes like a delicious lemon cake! It’s...” Read full tasting note
  • “I received my Christmas advent calendar early this year – I must admit, I peeked for the first day a few days after I got it trying to figure out if it was a tea bag or loose leaf tea that I was...” Read full tasting note
  • “This tea smells exactly right and tastes very pleasant. It is not sweet, but it does leave the aftertaste of pound cake.” Read full tasting note

From Tazo

An enticing herbal infusion with notes of bright lemon & creamy vanilla.

Ingredients: Apple, natural flavors, green rooibos, orange peel, chamomile, rose petals, licorice root, ginger

Steeping Information: Bring fresh, filtered water to a boil (212°F). Pour 8 fl oz water over the filterbag in your cup. Sit tight 3 min until steeping is done. Delicious tea is on the way.

About Tazo View company

After browsing and drooling over all of your lovely, elegant, and well-thought-out reviews of Theodor and Dammann Freres delicacies, I’ll just drag the sophistication level back down to Midwest redneck ;) I love this stuff a little more each time I drink it, I need to stop at Target to snag some more, and tonight I put marshmallows in it. It tasted like a lemon cupcake. ’Nuff said.

AJRimmer

This might be my favorite lemon tea! I also need a new box!

I love this one!

Roswell Strange

I liked this one a lot too, but the Butterscotch Blondie from this same Tazo line might be one of the most mind blowing bagged teas I’ve ever had – that one is a serious guilty pleasure for me!

Lexie Aleah

The Butterscotch one I can’t find anywhere now :/ I’ve looked in stores near me and online.

ashmanra

Marshmallows! You are a genuis!

Mastress Alita

Same with me and the Butterscotch, Lexie.

Inkling

I love this one too! Never tried it with marshmallows, though…I may have to steal that idea. :)

gmathis

Well, now I’ll have to revisit Butterscotch Blondie…I think my initial review was positive, but the few bags I have left haven’t even been on the radar.

Day 18 of Sara’s Old Tea! Part 3 of 6

Swimming teabag in boiling water.

Tastes like a delicious lemon cake! It’s really good. I may have to stock some of this in my cupboard. Thanks. :)

Flavors: Cake, Lemon

Boiling 8 min or more 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
Mastress Alita

My local Freddies stopped carrying all the other Tazo dessert teas… except that one. And while I kinda miss Butterscotch Blondie, I’m just so thankful they kept this one cause I’m not sure what I’d do without it as a cupboard staple!

Todd

Oh, I can try to find you some Butterscotch Blondie next time I send you something.

I received my Christmas advent calendar early this year – I must admit, I peeked for the first day a few days after I got it trying to figure out if it was a tea bag or loose leaf tea that I was feeling, but I did wait until December first to drink it! :) I found this tea on vacation awhile ago, and enjoyed it, but hadn’t been able to find it again, so this was a nice thing to open! It’s like a vanilla lemon cake – a sweet lemon, not a sour one. I love Tazo teas!

Shae

Well now! Sneaky, sneaky. :D I always hear good things about this one. I really should make a point to pick up a box next time I’m at the store.

ashmanra

I found this at Publix a few years ago and bought it. Pretty good!

This is really good!
I first tried 1 bag in 6oz, steeped for about 5 minutes.
It smelled EXACTLY like lemon cake-and tasted good, but not really cake like. Just smelling the nearby teabag made me SO HUNGRY though…and a rumbly belly isn’t the best when it’s bedtime. It was also good with a little honey, but again not quite cake.

Tonight I tried two bags in 8oz, also steeped for 5 minutes. Same yummy smell-added 1/2 tsp of sugar and was honestly surprised by how cake like it suddenly tasted! Like, exactly like lemon cake! I then added a tiny bit of milk, but I’d skip it next time since it took a bit of the flavor down. Some benefiber, however, seemed to help it feel more satisfying, adding to the “cake” effect (without changing the flavor or texture) so I was left actually relaxed & not hungry like last time.

And now I’m super sleepy. Long day, nummy drink. I think I’m gonna go to bed early.

Flavors: Butter, Cake, Citrusy, Creamy, Lemon, Pastries, Sugar, Sweet, Tangy

Boiling

Tazo has become my go-to brand for bagged tea and this one didn’t let me down! I don’t usually like herbal blends that contain chamomile, but I don’t taste it all in this blend. Instead, it has a delightfully natural-tasting lemon flavor with hints of vanilla. A lovely bedtime treat!

Flavors: Lemon, Vanilla

gmathis

I really like this one as well. Thank you for reminding me I need to go get some. Because I don’t have enough tea :)

Inkling

Is there such a thing as “enough tea”? ;)

This herbal tea is pretty great. The vanilla really sells the cakey lemon loaf flavour. I can taste a lot of fresh lemon but it isn’t overly acidic or sour (and none of that bitter dried lemon rind nonsense). This makes a great hot tea with milk but I’ve just finished a coldbrewed cup and I enjoy it iced/cold as well.

Love this one!^^

AJRimmer

Me too!

Bluegreen

What a name for a tea!

I started drinking this to curb the sadness wrought by cutting coffee out of my life several years ago, and while it may not be genius by some standards, it holds a special place in my heart as being a gateway tea to the broader landscape.

It’s bright, creamy, and lush. It smells sweet, like a warm pan of—you guessed it—glazed lemon loaf. It mimics the real thing pretty impressively close, and I suspect this would only increase with the addition of milk and sugar. It’s smooth inoffensive, and an easy drink; not overly acidic or sharp. I try to be economical, but double up tea bags on this because I honestly love it that much.

I’ve demolished many boxes of this stuff, and while it’s not always in my stash, it is my go-to when I’m sick or want something warm and sunny, but caffeine-free.

Flavors: Floral, Lemon, Sugar, Vanilla

Bought another box of this tea on Sunday from Target. On Monday morning My dog passed away. She was around 13. I’m heartbroken she was a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. The sweetest dog breed and my childhood dog that I picked out. It’s hitting harder than any of the other pets I’ve lost. (This is the third dog my household/family has lost since Quarantine started)I’m glad shes not suffering anymore. She had MVD a heart condition.

I made a cup of this since I couldn’t make myself brew a loose leaf tea. It was a good comforting lemon-y cake flavored cup of tea. Its one of my favorite boxed tea and I’ve reviewed it before. I also had my midterms this week and then there’s the election. I hope everyone is staying safe.

Flavors: Creamy, Lemon, Sweet, Vanilla

White Antlers

Losing a pet is as hard as losing a human family member. Sometimes even harder, at least in my own experience. I have no doubt she had a blissful 13 years with you; nevertheless I am very sorry for your loss.

gmathis

So sorry to hear about your fur baby. This was a good comfort tea choice.

tea-sipper

I’m so sorry your family lost three this year!

Lexie Aleah

@WhiteAntlers I definitely agree at least for me it’s harder. Thank You everyone <3

Recently had the chance to try this and the two other teas from this Tazo collection.

I found that, of the three, this was the one I felt most neutral towards; I didn’t hate it or love it. Now, it’s quite sweet, but because of the “glazed” in the name, and the pictures on the tea box showing a slice of lemon loaf with a THICK layer of sugar glaze I at least knew to expect that it would taste very sweet and thusly I wasn’t upset about the intensity of the sweetness.

The lemon was very bright, and just a little creamy. It worked quite brilliantly with the green rooibos base, actually. I enjoyed this aspect of the cup the most. The most striking thing about the whole brew though was how shockingly accurate they were able to get the “Lemon Poppyseed Cake/Loaf” flavour – like I found it VIVIDLY reminiscent of the real deal! I also think it’s accurate enough that you could blind guess the inspiration for what you were drinking. Add on to that the fact that it’s natural flavouring in the blend and not artificial flavouring and, well, it’s very impressive!

So, especially for a tea bag, I think this is a very well put together blend – but ultimately it’s just a touch too sweet for me (in terms of lemon teas; that’s not why I typically drink lemon teas, personally) so not completely my jam. I’m still very impressed by it though!