Glazed Lemon Loaf

Herbal Rooibos Blend
Apple, Chamomile, Ginger, Green Rooibos, Licorice Root, Natural Flavours, Orange Peel, Rose Petals
Floral, Lemon, Sugar, Vanilla, Citrus, Ginger, Lemon Zest, Sweet, Tart
Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Mastress Alita
Boiling 5 min, 15 sec 12 oz / 368 ml

From Tazo

An enticing herbal infusion with notes of bright lemon & creamy vanilla.

Ingredients: Apple, natural flavors, green rooibos, orange peel, chamomile, rose petals, licorice root, ginger

Steeping Information: Bring fresh, filtered water to a boil (212°F). Pour 8 fl oz water over the filterbag in your cup. Sit tight 3 min until steeping is done. Delicious tea is on the way.

About Tazo View company

I started drinking this to curb the sadness wrought by cutting coffee out of my life several years ago, and while it may not be genius by some standards, it holds a special place in my heart as being a gateway tea to the broader landscape.

It’s bright, creamy, and lush. It smells sweet, like a warm pan of—you guessed it—glazed lemon loaf. It mimics the real thing pretty impressively close, and I suspect this would only increase with the addition of milk and sugar. It’s smooth inoffensive, and an easy drink; not overly acidic or sharp. I try to be economical, but double up tea bags on this because I honestly love it that much.

I’ve demolished many boxes of this stuff, and while it’s not always in my stash, it is my go-to when I’m sick or want something warm and sunny, but caffeine-free.

Flavors: Floral, Lemon, Sugar, Vanilla

Recently had the chance to try this and the two other teas from this Tazo collection.

I found that, of the three, this was the one I felt most neutral towards; I didn’t hate it or love it. Now, it’s quite sweet, but because of the “glazed” in the name, and the pictures on the tea box showing a slice of lemon loaf with a THICK layer of sugar glaze I at least knew to expect that it would taste very sweet and thusly I wasn’t upset about the intensity of the sweetness.

The lemon was very bright, and just a little creamy. It worked quite brilliantly with the green rooibos base, actually. I enjoyed this aspect of the cup the most. The most striking thing about the whole brew though was how shockingly accurate they were able to get the “Lemon Poppyseed Cake/Loaf” flavour – like I found it VIVIDLY reminiscent of the real deal! I also think it’s accurate enough that you could blind guess the inspiration for what you were drinking. Add on to that the fact that it’s natural flavouring in the blend and not artificial flavouring and, well, it’s very impressive!

So, especially for a tea bag, I think this is a very well put together blend – but ultimately it’s just a touch too sweet for me (in terms of lemon teas; that’s not why I typically drink lemon teas, personally) so not completely my jam. I’m still very impressed by it though!

I actually sampled this for the first time last month when I had to go up to Boise to take care of some family things, so there was just no way I could write a note for it then. Decided to make another pot of it tonight for my nightly herbal. I did learn last time that like many grocery store herbals a single bag per cup comes out just a bit too weak in flavor for me, so I prepared this one with a ratio of two bags per cup of water (and my dobin teapot holds two cups of water, so four bags in this case).

The tea is a lovely lemony yellow and smells wonderful, very sweet with a strong lemon aroma. I really like this one; it has a nice lemon flavor that doesn’t have any of the “cleaner” flavors I find so often in lemon teas using flavoring, and the citrus comes off with a very juicy appeal. It has a sweetness with a slight vanilla note, and a bit of a lemon zest tart zing toward the end of the sip that I quite like. I feel like I pick up just a hint of the ginger in the aftertaste; it isn’t prevalent in the flavor on the sip, but I feel a small warmth on the back of my tongue after the swallow. And to my fellow chamomile haters: it is listed in the ingredients, and I don’t taste it at all. Another plus.

I imagine I’ll go through this box fairly quickly (which is good, since boxed teas are taking up a lot of cupboard space), but on the flipside I’ll probably restock this one at some point, too.

Flavors: Citrus, Ginger, Lemon, Lemon Zest, Sweet, Tart, Vanilla

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 4 tsp 17 OZ / 500 ML
AJRimmer

One of my favorite bagged teas for sure!

Kittenna

Lemon + vanilla is one of my favourite combos! This sounds really good.

This is so good! The flavor is weak, so 2 bags is necessary. With a little milk and sweetener this is amazing. Perfect for a night time treat.

I have absolutely blazed through my two boxes of this. Sadly no stores near me carry the Tazo dessert flavors, so when I’m on vacation, I have to check the local Target! It’s so sweet and lemony. It really is exactly as advertised. I use two bags for my ~18 oz mug and add lots of sugar.

MEH. This tea is not very flavorful at all… The Vanilla Bean Macaroon tea from this collection is amazing, and I expected this tea to be good as well. This tea has potential.. but there is just not enough flavor for me in this tea. I prefer darker teas, and this is definitely more of a lighter tea than what I usually drink… But, I wouldn’t bother drinking this again until I had two tea bags for one cup. Disappointing.

Flavors: Lemon, Sweet

Tabby

Good to know… I had been thinking about trying this one.

Tasty, basically what it says on the box. Tastes like a lemon dessert, no caffeine.

Not bad, though it’s not as lemony as I expected.

…yeah, I actually liked this bagged tea. As in I really liked this bagged tea. I have an excuse-this is an herbal blend with green rooibos- a leaf that is very small and honestly belongs in a filtered bag so it does not slip through the frickin’ holes when you brew it.

I’ve had to cut back on the caffeine to wake up at 5 in the morning, and this has served as a good winter and desert tea that is not bad on its own, but good with a little honey. The lemon is sweet, and it does have a buttery bready body with a very nice touch of ginger and vanilla. Thankfully, the anise is something that blends into the bread flavor so I do not taste it as much. I’m sorry if I pointed out the anise or the ginger for those of you who hate those spices. It has also been an easy convert to guests. I actually want to get more of this, so it will be my BWB tea for the season or longer.

Evol Ving Ness

You are full of surprises. :)

ashmanra

I tried it! And it wasn’t terrible!